I Am Cait : I support Cait but the bathroom thing bothers me

I support Cait but the bathroom thing bothers me

Going into womens restroom to cause a stir and be rebellious....how is that okay?

Especially knowing Cait (who knows if the others) still have a penis. Imagine changing in the locker room? How is that okay when young girls can be walking around.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: I support Cait but the bathroom thing bothers me

We use the ladies room to go into a stall, we don't dance around naked

In that case ( a stall ), people should use the bathroom of the sex they present themselves to be. Common sense. No problem.

Take out the Trans element, and you don't know if the person next to you is lesbian or gay anyway.

On the other hand, should your 8-year-old daughter be exposed to a man's penis swinging in the breeze in the locker room?

Gubbio....TXs for saying that!
And by the way, this point you made below has already taken place just last month:
V.....V.....V....

............"On the other hand, should your 8-year-old daughter be exposed to a man's penis swinging in the breeze in the locker room?"....

You can look it up, it happened in Seattle Washington,USA,less than one month ago.
In a nutshell, this weirdo went into a young Girl's Locker Room, as they were undressing after Soccer practice, and this guy proceeded to get naked, and gawk at the girls, with his "you know what" dangling away!....Parents called the police. When the police came, the pervert said that "I identify as a woman, & I don't have to prove it" (even though he was 100% not Transgender). So guess what: THE POLICE HAD TO LET THAT pervert go, because of that Seattle bathroom law that states that a person (any person) can go into ANY bathroom, and they don't have to PROVE their gender that they "feel inside their heads".
So to say that Transgenders don't "dance around naked in Bathrooms" is ridiculous.
There are weirdos, not necessarily TG, that will take advantage of the "loop hole" and expose themselves...or worse.

I don't see a problem with a separate bathroom (a PRIVATE ONE) for those people that feel Transgender (in their heads).
~~
~~~
~~~~~

Seattle bathroom law that states that a person (any person) can go into ANY bathroom, and they don't have to PROVE their gender that they "feel inside their heads".

This is what bothers me about the law: Since when does the MINORITY rule?

Why should the MAJORITY (cisgender) (I'll be crucified if I say "normal people"), be MADE UNCOMFORABLE for the sake of the MINORITY, Trans people?

Where does this political correctness stop? The world is upside-down.

Discounting the creeps and pervs who might use this law for their own benefit, WHY should any NORMAL person (man or woman) be FORCED to share bathroom with the OPPOSITE sex.

This is why people feel so strongly about the Trans issues: Contrary to what we know to be common sense, we're being TOLD what to think and to simply accept it.

People are going to wake up, and there's going to be a rebellion. Something's gotta give.....

Post deleted

Post deleted

megaruda said :

by megaruda » 1 day ago (Thu Jun 30 2016 01:53:04)
IMDb member since January 2007
You really need to kill yourself.

Wow, megaruda, where did THAT come from?
A very mean comment!
Very Troll-like.

by megaruda
» 2 days ago (Thu Jun 30 2016 01:53:04)

You really need to kill yourself.

Why don't you just go strangle yourself with your panties and your bra?

Oh god... Dont make a drama out of this to call for attention honey boo-boo, it was just a suggestion, I suggest that you kill yourself, that way you will make something good for humanity, you might even be in history books in the future, hope you do not have children yet, if you plan on having them, please kill yourself before you do so, it is just a suggestion.

Oh god... Dont make a drama out of this to call for attention honey boo-boo, it was just a suggestion, I suggest that you kill yourself, that way you will make something good for humanity, you might even be in history books in the future, hope you do not have children yet, if you plan on having them, please kill yourself before you do so, it is just a suggestion.

Malagueña, you sound quite mad. All those hormones you are taking are apparently affecting your brain.

Your mother must be SO proud ! 😍

I don't see a problem with a separate bathroom (a PRIVATE ONE) for those people that feel Transgender (in their heads).
byDreamsAgain » Tue Apr 26 2016 10:37:33

Because it encourages the negative perception of otherness and would represent modern day segregationism? Should someone be forcibly 'outted' as transgender every time they need to use the restroom?

In a nutshell, this weirdo went into a young Girl's Locker Room, as they were undressing after Soccer practice, and this guy proceeded to get naked, and gawk at the girls, with his "you know what" dangling away!

Should that not constitute sexual harassment? And trespassing? And child endangerment? If a cis-gender man went into the male locker room, not to get changed or to shower but for the express purpose of getting naked and gawking at other men or young boys undressing it would also be highly inappropriate and should be an actionable offense.

There are weirdos, not necessarily TG, that will take advantage of the "loop hole" and expose themselves...or worse.

The so-called loophole shouldn't offer any protection, other laws are clearly failing here. There are innumerable loopholes for harassment and predatory behaviour that are totally independent of transgender issues. Harassing transgender people isn't the solution.

The bathroom thing, continued….

u-mocker,
Well that's why I said before, that maybe the solution that will physically protect Transgender people AND also protect cis-gender people from being harassed by "loophole predators" is to give more choices.
For example, set up a gender neutral bathroom, WITH A LOCK, so that a Transgender person does not have to fear being attacked, but also keep the current Male and Female bathrooms, ----for those people who want to use those.
This way, the Transgender people that are afraid to use the larger facilities can have some privacy, and feel safe in the smaller bathrooms (with locks).
As I've said many times, the problem is not that Society fears that Transgender people are pedophiles...NOPE...the problem is that there are cis-gender weirdos out there, who will just walk in and VOCALLY STATE that they are Transgender, for the sole purpose of gawking and harassing OTHER CIS-GENDER people (not necessarily just the Transgender people).
So with an optional "closed-door-single-Gender-neutral bathroom", a Transgender person does not have to fear being harassed. They can just go in a private bathroom,as I described, (by themselves) and not feel threatened.
So then everybody wins, ....and then we can move on.
~~
~~~
~~~~~

Re: The bathroom thing, continued….

So with an optional "closed-door-single-Gender-neutral bathroom", a Transgender person does not have to fear being harassed. They can just go in a private bathroom,as I described, (by themselves) and not feel threatened.
So then everybody wins, ....and then we can move on.

byDreamsAgain » 4 days ago (Tue May 17 2016 20:53:35)

I would consider this solution it's own form of harassment.

It's saying that instead of addressing the flaws in this newly devised legislation, we are just going to corral you in a separate area and make you bear the burden of our error. I think it would foster and encourage dangerous false perceptions of transgender people that are already rampant. It would serve to alienate transgender people and incorrectly validate the 'fears' of transphobic people

Also why should business owners be forced to take on the great cost of facilitating this solution just so lawmakers don't have to address the actual issues which are inherent in the abuse of this 'loophole?

If this solution was implemented it would prevent any meaningful form of 'moving on', it would be extremely regressive. Not just in terms of LGBT or trans issues but for society in general.

As I've said many times, the problem is not that Society fears that Transgender people are pedophiles...

byDreamsAgain » 4 days ago (Tue May 17 2016 20:53:35)

For a lot of people this is the exact problem. This is the exact opinion of innumerable ignorant members of the public. Creating a separate space to keep people who are different from you, even 'for their own protection', would serve to many as validation of that opinion.

Excellent points u-mocker.
Another poster and I have had that same exact discussion, (ie: on whether by creating a separate (locked door) bathroom---for safety reasons,right next to the regular Lady's Room and Men's rooms, might be perceived as identifying the Transgender people as "different" and might be discriminatory in itself.

But my point is about safety for the Transgender people and also safety for the cis-gender sector from non-transgender "weirdos" (for lack of a better word).

I was merely giving ONE possible solution to this problem.

U-mocker, what solution do you have for the cis-gender sector of society then?
I can see that you are well versed in protecting the Transgender people, in regards to the bathroom problem, but then what is your solution for , for example, cis-gender children using the Ladies' Rooms and once the laws pass, being made vulnerable to the cis-gender weirdos (ie: those "weirdos" I was speaking about in the above paragraph)?

You see, the problem is that in trying to solve the problem for the Transgender people, then the cis-gender people's safety is being put at risk (ie...Safety= NOT from the TG people, but from the "weirdos" who can now go into female restrooms claiming to be TG, when in actuality they are not!).

The "loophole" is the problem.
There has to be a solution on how to keep those "cisgender weirdos" from taking advantage of the Restroom Law loophole.

As you know, the way the Restroom Law is set up (in most States) is that all a (cisgender) MAN has to do is CLAIM to "feel like a TG female" and with those words, that psycho-cisgender-man can now go into a female Restroom...for kicks (or worse).

How are the new Bathroom Laws going to keep those "cisgender weirdos" from taking advantage of the new Laws and it's loophole?

Well, since nobody in the TG Community has wanted to state a solution on that "loophole", then I (as a cisgender female) has proposed a solution to help keep the Transgender people safe and also the cisgender children safe, for example.

And my own solution is in an "alternate GENDER NEUTRAL locked door BATHROOM" which I proposed.

That GENDER NEUTRAL locked door BATHROOM could be used by ANYBODY, not just the TG-femlaes for example, but anybody.
So in that respect, that sole bathroom on the side, would be an optional bathroom, for ANYBODY who does not want to feel harassed or even the wheelchair people and the elderly!

We've had wheelchair bathrooms in effect for years, and handicapped people have not, to my knowledge, expressed being discriminated because of those handicapped CLOSED DOOR BATHROOMS....So in a way, TG people should not feel discriminated against---no more than the handicapped feel as such.

I have tried to put myself in the shoes of (for example) a transgender-female person, and if I were a TG-female, then I would certainly welcome a sole-bathroom-gender-neutral-locked door bathroom (next to the Mens/Ladies Rooms) as an alternative to being harassed or worse.

My solution would certainly try to HELP the TG females more than to harm them , right?
And sometimes, it's a give and take, in this real world.
Especially when safety is the Number One issue for the TG-people & children.

I am merely throwing out some OPTIONS, since nobody else seems to be wanting to talk about the SAFETY of both the TG people and also the safety of the children, for example. My options are not set in cement, but just food for thought.
~~
~~~
~~~~~

Im not fully understanding why a gender neutral bathroom is a negative thing as another poster has said. I know plenty of people and have used the "family" or gender neutral bathroom, even though I'm cis and all that. I could see if the bathrooms were like thrown in some awful corner of the establishment, not cared for like the other bathrooms, but from what I've seen they're just a different bathroom. I use it now because I'm disabled but I've used them before just because. People use them to help family members with disabilities, children, because they're uncomfortable etc. so I'm a little unsure of how it would "out" people as transgender.

I do think that it could be a viable option at least for now until there's a better choice. I'm always very torn on this issue. One I feel like who the hell cares, people have been using whatever bathrooms forever this is a non-issue, but then I see that both sides (the rational people that is) do have some valid points.

Sorry for the rant! I'm currently fighting some insomnia lol

Post deleted

Umocker,
Yes, what I would really like to see, is that the Transgender-females feel SAFE, but also, that the Cis-gender females feel safe too!
The Law makers have to figure out a way to make BOTH Sectors of Society feel safe.
~~
~~~
~~~~~

Post deleted

YES! Nanette....
There were these little girls , in the Girls' Locker Room, getting undressed after a Soccer Match, after school, and this creepy guy walks in, gets nude, and then the girls screamed, the mothers walked in and called Security, and the weirdo guy WOULD NOT LEAVE, because he said that he "identified as a female" and "had a right to be in there" (even though he had the naked body of a hairy man!).

You see Nanette, the problem is NOT that Transgender Females are running around being naked, the TG females are not the problem.
But it's the weirdos who CLAIM to be "female in the mind" who will now be able to use the Girls`, or Little Girls' Locker Rooms and bathrooms, and all those weirdo men have to do is say "My mind tells me I'm female and I have a right to be in the Girls' or Ladies' Room. (Even though that weirdo guy is not even close to being a TG-female)....

IOW, weirdos are using that "loop hole" to get into Ladies` & Girls' Rooms so that they can "FLASH" the girls, or be exhibitionists. And get their "jollies".

That's what I've been trying to say all along on this Board.
The problem is NOT the TG females. But it's the weirdo pervs who now have the "right" to come into a Ladies' Room, even though they are not even TG!
I'm telling you, it's gonna get worse,unless they figure out some way to keep the perverted weirdos out of the Girls and Ladies Bathrooms and Locker rooms.
This is why parents are upset!
~~
~~
~~~~~

Post deleted

All I know is that they were talking about this incident on a News Talk show , just as the news broke out!
So then, that night, the incident was on the local news.
And then, the next day, I looked it up and it said that they interviewed the Police Officers and the Officers said that the "MAN" was within the current Bathroom-Locker Room "LAW" because the man said he "identified as a woman"....even though he was NOT a TG-female! So then, all these Mothers complained, and were going to protest outside of the facility. The Mothers said they wanted some safe-guard, so that they can feel safe in the future dropping off their young daughters (MIDDLE SCHOOL AGE) and not worrying about some "flasher" coming in and flashing the girls.
(PS: Nanette, that weirdo guy was not apprehended, because of that new LGBT "Bathroom Law". So that weirdo guy is probably long gone by now. However, now that the pervert guy knows that he can get away w/ it,I wonder if he'll try that scheme again later on? Or tell his pervert buddies about it, and have a good laugh!.... Ha ha!>>>> NOT funny! )
~~
~~
~~~~

Post deleted

Are kids being exposed in locker rooms?

You didn't answer the question: Why should the majority be inconvenienced or made uncomfortable for the good of the minority?

Why are Trans "rights" being put above everyone else's rights?

That's just screwy.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

You didn't answer the question: Why should the majority be inconvenienced or made uncomfortable for the good of the minority?

Why are Trans "rights" being put above everyone else's rights?

That's just screwy.

Yeah I agree that is rather screwy, especially when you consider that some trans people like Laverne Cox and Jazz Jennings have probably been passing as 'female' and no doubt using the girl/ladies room stalls probably 98% of the time without complications as the laws currently are.

Anyway though, another 'bathroom' issue I've read about involving teens and bathrooms, which seems much more dire than the middle school girls getting flashed by the mentally ill pervert, was the case of the 16 yr old girl who was beaten to death by a pack of mean girls during school, and instead of anyone reporting it to teacher and other adults at the school, bystanders just filmed it and uploaded it to facebook and Snapchat, where it was shared from there. Now the lack of apathy, if not common sense, is something that needs to be addressed perhaps more than the trans bathroom issue at the moment.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3028495/amy-joyner-murder-cell-phone-video-captures-moment-16-year-old-delaware-girl-is-killed-in-school-restroom-over-boy/

Post deleted

Solution to the bathroom thing

Nanette,
There is a solution though.
This is just my opinion, but as I've said in the past many times, the "bathroom thing" could be easily resolved by having ONE separate bathroom (as they do at RITE AID) that is unisex, BUT then have the two regular LARGER bathrooms as LADIES ROOM, and MENS ROOMs.
That way, those of us, that are NOT transgender can use the Ladies Room. And then those people like CAIT JENNER or JAZZ JENNINGS can go into their own private one small ROOM bathroom, lock the door, do their business and leave.

It's a good safeguard measure for all involved!

And this way, it does not FORCE the rest of the female non-transgender society to have to fear that some pervert will come into the Ladies Room claiming to be a female (even though that person is just a flasher).

Already as it stands right now, all the cities that are implementing the LGBT bathroom Laws, are having to totally modify their Ladies Rooms & Mens Rooms, by adding a curtained area, for those people (like Trans-females) needing privacy. So my point is, why not use that same money and just install ONE SEPARATE UNISEX BATHROOM, (with a lock) for those Trans-men and Trans-women who do not feel like using the larger Ladies or Mens Room?

That's my solution to all of this because it safe-guards the little girls,for example, in the Ladies Room from being "flashed" by cis-gender males who just want to flash (to get their jollies). And then in turn, the Transgender males or females can go into a nice (safe) one-room bathroom (as they have at Rite Aid) and not feel as though they are being harassed!
Everybody wins!
~~
~~~~
~~~~~~~

Re: Solution to the bathroom thing

To be honest, gender neutral, handicapped accessible single restrooms like they have in smaller stores, drug stores, gas stations, doctor's offices, fast food restaurants, wings in the hospital, etc. would probably be the best solution...Although to some people's POV that would probably harken back to images from the Jim Crow era with separate restrooms for trans and cis people, a'la the scene from 'The Help' where the black housekeeper had to use a bathroom in the garage/shed rather than the toilet in the house because of her employer's prejudice. (Yet the same housekeeper was still expected to scrub the toilets & clean the in house bathrooms anyway.)

Atomic, That's true. However, they've had those "single" bathroom for years,(I've used them myself many times!) and I have never heard anybody look at one of those unisex (SINGLE) bathrooms and say: "Wow, they are segregating people in this store"?
Know what I mean?
In other words, those unisex single bathrooms have been around for many years AS AN OPTIONAL FACILITY and never once has anybody ever sued that store because of it, or because of discriminations, etc.
Most of us, whether female or male, were just plain grateful that the store even had a bathroom, as a courtesy!
Bathrooms are a customer courtesy.
(Hey, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!)
Thus, I think it might just be doable.
~~
~~~
~~~~~~

In other words, those unisex single bathrooms have been around for many years AS AN OPTIONAL FACILITY and never once has anybody ever sued that store because of it, or because of discriminations, etc.
Most of us, whether female or male, were just plain grateful that the store even had a bathroom, as a courtesy!
Bathrooms are a customer courtesy.

I totally agree there, especially because I can still remember as a child growing up in the 1980s and not being able to find a restroom that was available to customers in many of the businesses I went into, so finding any usable restroom now is always a plus. lol.

Atomic,
I totally remember that horrific incident, about that 16 yr old girl who was beaten to death , and then all those kids stood by, (with their phone-cameras) taking photos & videos and doing nothing else.
Sad.

Part of this World is slowly becoming so insensitive and just plain awful....not only are the Transgender people having to worry about their safety, but really:...Cis-gender bullied kids, and the elderly, and Minorities, and the super Obese, and the super Anorexic, and the handicapped,(etc etc) have all become targets of evil-doers of the World too!

It really pays for ALL OF US to be careful out there, and to watch out for the weirdos,the evil-doers,and the just plain creeps with their bizarre agendas. We all must be somewhat vigilant....because it is not just Trans-women that are in danger these days, but look at it this way: how many Obese people have been subjected to life-long HATE, or how many physically handicapped have been subjected to HATE (for instance).
All people must be basically careful,--- regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, handicap, and physical attributes.
Ask any young teen who was not born "BEAUTIFUL and RICH and is maybe a MINORITY" and they too will have sad sad stories about how they've been treated badly their whole lives.
~~
~~~
~~~~~~

Definitely! And if you read Nancy Jo Sales book American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers (http://www.amazon.com/American-Girls-Social-Secret-Teenagers/dp/0385353928) where she blames many of society's ills, or at least those of teenagers/teen girls today, on social media. How in her opinion, the entire internet, especially social media, revolves around ideals based on the porn industry, giving examples of how boys mainly only text girls to get 'nude photos' as a dare & a social commodity amongst their friends (sharing their female classmates 'nudes' like they once shared baseball/Pokemon cards), while the girls think of the requests as a popularity contest or an indication of their popularity amongst their peers, or that the boy genuinely likes them for a potential girlfriend, etc.

OR the girls are posting nearly nude selfies because they're fishing for an even wider recognition of popularity, by intentionally posting these selfies on social media in an effort to garner 'likes', fame, & endorsement deals/money, inspired by Jenner's own daughters media empire.

Still though, is that healthy? Especially seeing or at least hearing of 13 or 14 yr olds (or younger) posting what they think are 'sexy' pictures of themselves online to intentionally imitate Kim Kardashian...and unintentionally opening themselves up to criticism & sexual harassment from their peers, strangers, and of course vulnerability to predators and so on.

Let alone too the way in which such popularity can make these teens peers who are physically or mentally disabled, obese, or physically & socially awkward feel about themselves, in regard to the Instagram/facebook popular/famous teens' popularity/appearance. (If you didn't feel like you could compete with the popular kids in high school back in the day, imagine having gone to high school with people who were also online celebs. )

I never understood what's the big deal about who gets in a bathroom and who doesn't. We all go to piss and sh.t, not to shower, have small talk or even make eye contact.

This whole thing about trans praying on people's children is nothing but fear mongering. Gays went through the same. Still do in some places.

Fede:
But not everyone is worried that Transgender people are going to "attack anybody"!
In fact, most females I've talked to, can't even imagine a Trans-female walking into a Ladies Room and attacking ANYBODY!!

Example, I'm a non-Transgender female, and I'm not worried about being attacked by a Transgender person in a public restroom! Good grief!....I am not worried about that at all!

In a nutshell, it's not the Transgender people using the general bathrooms who are the problem! Once again: "Transgender people using a bathroom are not the problem".

But instead, it's the cis-gender weirdos (ie: the cisgender weirdos---not Trans, not Gay, not Lesbian...just weirdos with BAD ideas on their minds) who are going to use the "loop hole" to take advantage of the bathroom laws.

Why?...
Answer = Because all these cis-gender weirdos have to do now, is walk into a Ladies'Room and say, "I'm a Trans-female" and then go on harassing ALL FEMALES in that Ladies Room. These cisgender weirdos just want to creep out the females in the Ladies Room, for kicks (or maybe even worse)!

Thus, it's the LOOPHOLES in the Bathroom Laws that have to be investigated further.
The Bathroom Laws have to be written better, so that these Laws protect not only the Transgender people, but also the Cisgender people...Thus, both groups should be protected.
~~
~~~
~~~~~