Unfinished Business : What is the German GPS saying in the trailers?

What is the German GPS saying in the trailers?

Sounds like flugeschlagen or something similar…

Re: What is the German GPS saying in the trailers?

Its supposed to be the German equivalent of the F word, but possibly gibberish, I don't speak German. The GPS says it after the characters say it a few times.

all work and no play make jack a dull boy.

Well I know fluge, flugen has to do with flying, schlagen is like beating or hitting…

Yep, it sounds like "Fluegel schlagen", literally "wings flapping",
so it's just faked Hollywood German and makes no sense at all.

The appropriate message in that situation would be "bitte wenden", (please) turn around.

I have never heard schlagen referred to as flapping, I always associate it with like fighting or something being beaten.

Your association is correct, the basic meaning of "schlagen" certainly is hit or beat. It just depends on the context, together with Fluegel you can translate "Fluegelschlag" as stroke of wing, wing beat or flap.

This scene surely will be a tough job for the firm commissioned to create the German dubbed version. How to transfer the fake German into a dubbed German version without completely alter the original? Mission impossible.

BTW: I watched the trailer again and it sounds like other phrases are legit. The guy in the other car passing by says "Falsche Richtung verdammter Idiot, da lang" (wrong direction damn idiot, this way).