Science : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Taking the piss a bit tho, don't you think?

The planet is not ****ed, but which one would you prefer, Bubba?

mjeyds.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

I’m moving to Venus. If Edgar Rice Burroughs is correct, underneath that heavy atmospheric cloud layer is a lush biosphere.

Unfortunately he was wrong. It's the hottest planet in the solar system.

smile.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

Huff! ERB was 100% scientifically accurate on all counts always.

Right.

smile.gif

The planet was okay until we came along.

A rare planet it be, dear lass. A place of blue nitrogen skies, oceans of liquid water, cool forests, soft meadows; A world positively rippling with life. Those don’t come along everyday, and such worlds in the universe would be extremely rare (I don’t know how rare, but think of it in terms of C-3PO’s spiel about the odds of surviving an asteroid field, and double it, quadruple it, and so on, then repeat)

So as those dirty hippies were fond of saying: If you can't be with the one you love, honey, Love the one you're with yes.gif

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I was watching something yesterday about silicon based life forms. In order for silicone based to work that world's temperature has to be extremely hot ,2000f, full of sulfuric acid.

That would seem very toxic to us but normal to them. It's kind of interesting to imagine if a life form exists in that type of place.

To some life forms, H2O and our planet temp might be toxic.

I still think life exists elsewhere. As well as interdimensional life.

Travel influenser, Skyrizi theme song writer and Most Handsome

Indeed Jas. Life could manifest itself in a variety different ways depending on the conditions. Just as life forms such as the Hunters Floaters and Sinkers, as speculated by Carl Sagan, could have formed on Jupiter.

I’m sure that somewhere out there life exists in some form or another. But much of it would likely be very basic (single celled organisms, etc) Advanced life is in theory, extremely rare. At least if you believe in the Great Filter Effect.

https://astronomy.com/news/2020/11/the-great-filter-a-possible-solution-to-the-fermi-paradox

Ha! Funny, but I was thinking the number from the film was a bit higher than 3,720 to 1. The Mad Magazine feature on the Empire Strikes Back (Titled: The Empire Strikes Out) noted that C3PO’s (Creepio in MM) odds of being correct were 3,720 to 1 😂

But yes, that’s a very small number compared to the odds of finding advanced life in the universe.

I think we're the reason it's ****ed.

I'm more worried about the giant turtle upon whose back the Earth sits. He's been lookin pretty sickly of late. Probably swallowed too much plastic that we litter all over the place.