Science : The Dark Forest theory: Why if we find aliens we should kill them

The Dark Forest theory: Why if we find aliens we should kill them

Basically, we can't know if the aliens are hostile so we have to kill them to be on the safe side. The other aliens are probably thinking the same thing, so they will want to kill us too. The concept itself is self-fulfilling: because we all know the others fear we may kill them, we are right that they will want to kill us, so we must all kill each other.

The end of this video suggests there may be hope that the inhabitants of this universe can overcome our paranoia and live in harmony with each other, but this is bullshit. There's is no hope. We may find that many aliens are in fact peaceful, but all it takes is one bad one to wipe you out, so we have to kill them all.

This is the universe we live in. It's kill or be killed, my friends.

Re: The Dark Forest theory: Why if we find aliens we should kill them

Basically it's like this in plain human earthling English,

It's MY PLANET. IT'S MY HOME. GTFO! AND IF SOME FOOLS INVITED YOU, OH WELL. They didn't everyone's permission. Your software cookies or whatever doesn't count as permission into my airspace and my neighborhood.

That's your problem. Tough luck. Leave or die!

This here incomprehensible language you speaking is soundin' kinda alien…

*loads shotgun*

Okay wait a minute. I just had a profound experience. I tried searching for the newest Matrix film to find it hidden from my sight unless I entered the full name of the film. Who really controls filmboards? I posted on the religion and spirituality board and now am unable to post on the film a transgender director help make.

Before I kill them, I want to kidnap some and put things up their butts. It’s also probe or be probed in this universe.

They are already here. Who do you think runs the UN? And yes, we should kill them.

What if they end up killing humanity first?

Oh you mean Them? Well no worries😈 I invited Them here.

Given this concept it would stand to reason that any peaceful aliens would have been likely eliminated by more aggressive aliens, and that all aliens that remain are hostile.

That would be a good way of guaranteeing our extinction.