Science : How rare is your eye colour?

How rare is your eye colour?

If you have blue eyes, you’re related (sort of) to every other person who has blue eyes. About 10,000 years ago, someone in what is modern-day Europe was born with a genetic mutation causing permanently blue eyes. Every blue-eyed person today is a distant descendant of this one, ancient human.

About 27% of Americans have blue eyes, making it the third rarest eye color.

Eye color isn’t always reflective of heritage, but America’s large number of blue eyes can be at least partially attributed to the large number of citizens with Scandinavian, British, Irish and Eastern European backgrounds.

In the United Kingdom and Ireland, over half of all residents have blue eyes. In Finland and Sweden, that number is 80% to 90% — more than four out of every five residents.

Worldwide, however, blue eyes are much rarer. World Atlas notes that only 8% to 10% of the global population has blue eyes.

Violet eyes are even rarer, but they’re a bit misleading; someone with “violet” irises is usually sporting a special shade of blue. Light bounces off their surroundings and turns their eyes into a deceiving, yet breathtaking rendition of purple.

I'm blue ( da bo de da bo do ) and my eye colour has only been around for 10, 000 years ago, how they are able to know this is beyond me but whatever. I like my eye colour, but m,y favorite colour is actually grey ( like the skies of my nation ) and Id love to have naturally grey eyes.

I agree that Green eyes are the sexiest in women, I aint never met anyone with violet eyes.

Re: How rare is your eye colour?

I love blue and green eyes but I'm glad I didn't inherit blue eyes from my Dad. I do have the gene though.

If I did I think I would look "too pretty" or feminine because I've always had a baby face. Growing up people even said I looked like a girl especially when I grew my hair out.

I'm actually glad I made it to my 40s and looking older. I actually feel more like a real manly mans now. 💪

I have brown eyes that change from black to golden brown depending on certain factors. I think brown/dark eyes are more mysterious.

I agree about green eyes…. especially on redheads are gorgeous but I also love brown eyes on chicks. Natural blonde girls with brown eyes are hot and mysterious. Britney Spears has this.

Travel influenser, Skyrizi theme song writer and Most Handsome

post a pic!

Oh I did about a year ago. It was on a picture thread. It's silly. I'm wearing a face mask. I need to post a newer one but not doing it now. 😛

well then you and I are done.

Someday I'll make it up to you. Some…day..

Sancho is shy

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I have grey eyes, like my dad.

I guess grey eyes are rare. Noice! 👌

they are the second rarest next to green they say, but i personally have met more green eyed folk than grey, trying to remember if i have actually met any grey eyed mother truckers tbh, cant seem to recall.

Neither have I 🤔.
I guess NZ'r is the only mother trucker we've met with grey eyes.

Unless she's playing around.
I wonder if she can even drive a truck.

I heard they travel on Kangaroos in New Zealand, and instead of gas they feed the roo's fosters and BBQ'd shrimp, and when the roo breaks down they fix it with a jaunty didgeridoo tune.

Rolf Harris.

True green eyes are rare. My sister's green eyes are beautiful, but they have a deep gold around the pupil

So, that would make her eyes hazel green. I have a friend whose eyes are pure green

My eyes used to be chocolate brown, like this

but after using eye drops for glaucoma, they're now very dark brown

I love all the different eye colors and I especially love it when someone has eyes that are two different colors

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I love all the different eye colors and I especially love it when someone has eyes that are two different colors

Ohhh yeah that is cool, I do not think I have ever seen that irl. It would suck tho if you had some form of OCD or something lol

Kate Bosworth ~ Gorgeous!

Your just lying to make me jel you ****er ….and its working, too.

Pretty! I bet they're silver

Silver would be awesome! No, they're just regular grey eyes, like this.

Beautiful!

I have blue eyes too. Let's do incest.

*rapidly starts undressing, starting with the shoes upwards*

Bitch dont gotta tell me twice man im getting me some. You may be my 2nd cousin twice removed, but tonight it will be me cock that needs to be removed, FROM YO ASS!

Did I go too far with that joke, or not far enough

Was always told they were "hazel" I dunno WTF shade that is supposed to be.

Its like a light browny orangy yellowy kinda thing, also one of the rarest.

A mixture of brown and green I think.

Yes. Some people don't realize they have hazel eyes like my stepbrother's ex

She had brown around the pupil and the rest of the iris was green

She put on her driver's license 'brown' for eye color

My eye color is almost black. Don't know how rare that is.

Thats not rare, thats some Stephen King ****

You weird, girl…..

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Dunno

Blue-gray. Almost true gray. 👍🙂

Very pretty!

Back off bro

Are we having an alpha grunting competition?

lol, he kinda looks like Ryan Stiles, only not as gangly

😄😄😄

💦💦💦

Gone

If you have blue eyes, you’re related (sort of) to every other person who has blue eyes. About 10,000 years ago, someone in what is modern-day Europe was born with a genetic mutation causing permanently blue eyes. Every blue-eyed person today is a distant descendant of this one, ancient human.

So if this person stayed a virgin for his whole life, there'd be no one with blue eyes?

Monster, how should I feel? Creatures lie here, looking through the window.

I personally think this 1st blue eyed dude was a powerful wizard from another dimension, and some where in this world is a form of magical energy that only people with blue eyes can harness and use, and I plan to find and harness this magic, train with it for years, bend it to my will, become one with it, and what will I do with this epic power?

Use it to FINALLY get Ginnys nudes!

Fuck yeah! Great power comes great responsibility