Science : Evolution is bullshit

Re: Evolution is bullshit

merry christmas said... You are going to have to explain to me why you don't believe in point mutations. I think you are trying to argue against something else.
expand
A point mutation is substitution. This usually renders the codon nonfunctional. That is not evolution either. Nor does it explain the lack of new base pairs. Unless evolution has stopped completely we should be seeing a few in nearly every species every year.

Beware the sound of one hand clapping.

Soul_Venom said... A point mutation is substitution. This usually renders the codon nonfunctional. That is not evolution either. Nor does it explain the lack of new base pairs. Unless evolution has stopped completely we should be seeing a few in nearly every species every year.
expand
What exactly do you mean by new base pairs?

merry christmas said... What exactly do you mean by new base pairs?
expand
Humans have 3.2 billion base pairs. 1.2% of that is 38,400,000 base pairs. According to evolution we diverged from chimps some 7 million years ago. By that math we should be seeing 5 distinct evolutionary mutations per year. 5 totally new base pairs.

Soul_Venom said... Humans have 3.2 billion base pairs. 1.2% of that is 38,400,000 base pairs. According to evolution we diverged from chimps some 7 million years ago. By that math we should be seeing 5 distinct evolutionary mutations per year. 5 totally new base pairs.
expand
Base pairs aren't the right way to compare genomes. Genes are a better level of comparison. What mostly drives speciation is when a gene gets duplicated and then is free to mutate and acquire a new function. You are right that a functional gene may not handle mutation well but a duplicated gene could see rapid mutation.

I don't doubt there are ongoing differences accruing between chimps and humans, especially at the base pair level. The DNA that children inherit from their parents contains mutations, maybe about 40 per generation according to this paper: https://www.nature.com/articles/ng.862

merry christmas said... Base pairs aren't the right way to compare genomes. Genes are a better level of comparison. What mostly drives speciation is when a gene gets duplicated and then is free to mutate and acquire a new function. You are right that a functional gene may not handle mutation well but a duplicated gene could see rapid mutation.

I don't doubt there are ongoing differences accruing between chimps and humans, especially at the base pair level. The DNA that children inherit from their parents contains mutations, maybe about 40 per generation according to this paper: https://www.nature.com/articles/ng.862
expand
I don't doubt there are ongoing differences accruing between chimps and humans, especially at the base pair level

Except that isnt happening. There have been substitution mutations and subtraction mutations but among health populations variation never exceeds 0.1%. We certainly do not see new base pairs being added to the genome despite expectations. That is the problem I am asking for a solution to. According to evolution such differences SHOULD be accruing yet they are not.

If they could actually find such new base pairs then they would have defacto PROVED the Theory and it would be classified as Theory no longer.

. The DNA that children inherit from their parents contains mutations, maybe about 40 per generation according to this paper:

Substitution mutations. Lateral variations rather than additions to the genome.

Soul_Venom said...
I don't doubt there are ongoing differences accruing between chimps and humans, especially at the base pair level

Except that isnt happening. There have been substitution mutations and subtraction mutations but among health populations variation never exceeds 0.1%. We certainly do not see new base pairs being added to the genome despite expectations. That is the problem I am asking for a solution to. According to evolution such differences SHOULD be accruing yet they are not.

If they could actually find such new base pairs then they would have defacto PROVED the Theory and it would be classified as Theory no longer.

. The DNA that children inherit from their parents contains mutations, maybe about 40 per generation according to this paper:

Substitution mutations. Lateral variations rather than additions to the genome.
expand
When you say new base pairs do you mean something like a G-C appended to a sequence of DNA? If you look it up you will find plenty of papers referencing de novo insertion mutations. Here is an example which results in a disease: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00439-003-0991-8

merry christmas said... When you say new base pairs do you mean something like a G-C appended to a sequence of DNA? If you look it up you will find plenty of papers referencing de novo insertion mutations. Here is an example which results in a disease: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00439-003-0991-8
expand
DNA consists of four basic units – adenine, guanine, thymine and cytosine

Here is an example which results in a disease:
Lol. And that is the best example you can argue in favor of evolution? A genetic disease? That isn't evolution. Good luck finding an example of new pairs that create new gene functions.

Soul_Venom said... DNA consists of four basic units – adenine, guanine, thymine and cytosine

Here is an example which results in a disease:
Lol. And that is the best example you can argue in favor of evolution? A genetic disease? That isn't evolution. Good luck finding an example of new pairs that create new gene functions.
expand
What is your point?

The literature tends to be full of papers about genetic diseases because they are looking for the causes of them. They are not going to sequence random genomes to look for insertion mutations to settle your doubts about evolution. They will do experiments with bacteria and yeast and find gene duplication that results in new genes.

merry christmas said...
What is your point?

The literature tends to be full of papers about genetic diseases because they are looking for the causes of them. They are not going to sequence random genomes to look for insertion mutations to settle your doubts about evolution. They will do experiments with bacteria and yeast and find gene duplication that results in new genes.
expand
The literature tends to be full of papers about genetic diseases because

Because all know mutations do not add to the genome. They either substitute or subtract from it often causing genetic damage that often results in disease. DNA from Egyptian mummies is functionally identical to modern humans. That is over 3000 years. According to evolutionary theory humanity should had added 15,000 base pair to the genome in that time. Where are the missing genes?

Soul_Venom said...
The literature tends to be full of papers about genetic diseases because

Because all know mutations do not add to the genome. They either substitute or subtract from it often causing genetic damage that often results in disease. DNA from Egyptian mummies is functionally identical to modern humans. That is over 3000 years. According to evolutionary theory humanity should had added 15,000 base pair to the genome in that time. Where are the missing genes?
expand
According to evolutionary theory humanity should had added 15,000 base pair to the genome in that time.
Evolutionary theory does not predict that. There is no biologist who thinks that evolution proceeds by tacking on a few base pairs to the genome every year. What they believe is that there are copy errors that duplicate sections of the genome which can then be mutated to gain new functions. Three thousand years is probably not enough time. Scientists have found a gene in humans that does not exist in neanderthals or denisovans that they believe arose over 200,000 years ago. It is contained in a 95,000 base pair long segment of DNA that was duplicated.

merry christmas said...
According to evolutionary theory humanity should had added 15,000 base pair to the genome in that time.
Evolutionary theory does not predict that. There is no biologist who thinks that evolution proceeds by tacking on a few base pairs to the genome every year. What they believe is that there are copy errors that duplicate sections of the genome which can then be mutated to gain new functions. Three thousand years is probably not enough time. Scientists have found a gene in humans that does not exist in neanderthals or denisovans that they believe arose over 200,000 years ago. It is contained in a 95,000 base pair long segment of DNA that was duplicated.
expand
Evolutionary theory does not predict that.

It kind of does. It claims that since our genome and that of chimps diverged some 7 million years ago that we have gained some 38.4 million base pairs. That is an average of roughly 5 pairs per year. Evolution also claims that we are still evolving.

Therefore, logically if the rate is unchanged we should see some 15,000 new pairs in the last 3000 years.

Once again this is just based on the things evolution DOES claim.

Soul_Venom said...
Evolutionary theory does not predict that.

It kind of does. It claims that since our genome and that of chimps diverged some 7 million years ago that we have gained some 38.4 million base pairs. That is an average of roughly 5 pairs per year. Evolution also claims that we are still evolving.

Therefore, logically if the rate is unchanged we should see some 15,000 new pairs in the last 3000 years.

expand
It kind of does.
It does not in any way. Your mistaken version of the theory of evolution predicts it.

It claims that since our genome and that of chimps diverged some 7 million years ago that we have gained some 38.4 million base pairs
Where did you get that figure? I don't think it is correct.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature04072
Here we present a draft genome sequence of the common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes). Through comparison with the human genome, we have generated a largely complete catalogue of the genetic differences that have accumulated since the human and chimpanzee species diverged from our common ancestor, constituting approximately thirty-five million single-nucleotide changes, five million insertion/deletion events, and various chromosomal rearrangements.

There is no constant rate of evolution. If a segment of one hundred thousand base pairs gets duplicated in year zero and there are no further mutations for one hundred thousand years the average number of base pair additions would be one per year but you would not be justified in expecting to see a new base pair every year.

Based on things your mistaken understanding of evolution claims.

merry christmas said...
It kind of does.
It does not in any way. Your mistaken version of the theory of evolution predicts it.

It claims that since our genome and that of chimps diverged some 7 million years ago that we have gained some 38.4 million base pairs

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature04072
Here we present a draft genome sequence of the common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes). Through comparison with the human genome, we have generated a largely complete catalogue of the genetic differences that have accumulated since the human and chimpanzee species diverged from our common ancestor, constituting approximately thirty-five million single-nucleotide changes, five million insertion/deletion events, and various chromosomal rearrangements.

There is no constant rate of evolution. If a segment of one hundred thousand base pairs gets duplicated in year zero and there are no further mutations for one hundred thousand years the average number of base pair additions would be one per year but you would not be justified in expecting to see a new base pair every year.

expand
I don't have a version. I am using the publicly accessible data.

Think better. https://humanorigins.si.edu/education/frequently-asked-questions

Now you run into statistical problems. It is unlikely enough for a single new base pair to emerge. In fact of the millions of species it has never been documented even once. Now you could make an argument for the unlikeliness of seeing new base pairs in a single species but across millions? And as unlikely as it is for a single new base pair to develop… for a hundred thousand at once? Sorry I don't own a supercomputer to calculate just how unlikely that is but I'm pretty sure you got a better chance of winning the powerball lottery every year for the next 10 years in a row.

Mistaken understanding my ass. I am using math. All math. you are free to double check the math. Pretty damn hard to misunderstand numbers typed into a calculator.

Soul_Venom said...

Now you run into statistical problems. It is unlikely enough for a single new base pair to emerge. In fact of the millions of species it has never been documented even once. Now you could make an argument for the unlikeliness of seeing new base pairs in a single species but across millions? And as unlikely as it is for a single new base pair to develop… for a hundred thousand at once? Sorry I don't own a supercomputer to calculate just how unlikely that is but I'm pretty sure you got a better chance of winning the powerball lottery every year for the next 10 years in a row.

Mistaken understanding my ass. I am using math. All math. you are free to double check the math. Pretty damn hard to misunderstand numbers typed into a calculator.
expand
Your version is that base pairs are added to the genome at a constant rate. That is not how evolution works.

I couldn't find your 38.4 million base pairs added figure there. I'm not sure why you posted that link.

It is unlikely enough for a single new base pair to emerge.
It is not unlikely. Most mutations are neutral. The genome is not as fragile as you think it is. If it were then CRISPR could not exist.

In fact of the millions of species it has never been documented even once.
What is your source for this claim? This paper tells of a 580,000 base pair long segment that was duplicated: "Whole ARX gene duplication is compatible with normal intellectual development"
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ajmg.a.36564

Your math is irrelevant because you are using it to analyze your mistaken idea of what the theory of evolution says.

There's a 4th option too.👽🛸

Travel influenser, Skyrizi theme song writer and Most Handsome

Day=age theory is garbage.

But I will tackle that on another thread another day and will link it just for you.

It's still just creationism in another form. It also fails to address the nuts and bolt of how the car works.

As for your 4th option that's a total non-answer answer. It just kicks the can down the road by saying it happened somewhere else without mentioning HOW.

Hear! Hear! I say we gather up all the scientists and burn them for heresy!

Up yours, Charles Darwin!

Science has always suffered from confirmation bias and funding issues.

We are gong to make Darwin feel like he is dead again!

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

I’ve disliked Darwin ever since I found out he used to bang those giant tortoises. “Scientific research on interspecies compatibility” he called it, but I ain’t buying it. I ran into one of his descendants from those “experiments” the other day.

60-E992-C8-85-FF-4-EDF-AC90-313-B88-E30480.jpg

You say all of that while still being a firm believer in the existence of God.

I'd very much appreciate it if someone who wasn't completely bonker would talk about **** like this.

Mephistopheles is just beneath and he's reaching up to grab me.

3v77

You spouting of about God being real and evolution being bullshit completely ruins any chance you had of getting a leg up on me in any argument. I know you have a rather warped/skewed idea of what trolling is like, but you've so far not accomplished what you set out to. You keep ****ing yourself by spewing all this retarded bullshit. You're definitely not trolling at all. You're just a retard with a lot of spare time.

You failed, my young apprentice. God is dead. I will **** your mother. You're a goon ass twink bastard.

Mephistopheles is just beneath and he's reaching up to grab me.

You're definitely not trolling

Correct

You failed
No
When prodded for specifics they will either resort to personal attacks and logical fallacies or
but you just did.

God is dead

Prove it

I will **** your mother

Good luck getting past the old man, he's like the big guy off Happy Gilmore

Even looks like em.

You're a goon ass twink bastard
Out of all the billions who have ever or will ever live there has one been one of those. Conman.

Fuck his Mother

Even you are superior to he though not by much.

I know you have a rather warped/skewed idea of what trolling is like, but you've so far not accomplished what you set out to.
Its interesting how @Soul_Venom is constantly hitting his head against his own fabricated brick wall, yet is so adamant that this barrier of absurdity is fact and rational truth.

One would think he would be numb by now, or perhaps he is just so dense, he can't feel anything yet and is just knocking himself silly.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Perhaps if you pulled your head out of your own ass long enough to think logically you realize that if what you expect:

One would think he would be numb by now, or perhaps he is just so dense, he can't feel anything yet and is just knocking himself silly.

Is not happening then perhaps one is mistaken about what they think is going on:

Its interesting how @Soul_Venom is constantly hitting his head against his own fabricated brick wall, yet is so adamant that this barrier of absurdity is fact and rational truth.

But you are too stuck on stupid to do that.

But you are too stuck on stupid to do that.

We need a meme for that!

giphy.gif

"new purposeful genetic information"
not sure what this mean, please may I ask that you explain?

"has ever been recorded"
Russian foxes, bred for neoteny is as as near real-time an experiment as I have ever seen

With an omnipotent creator, the existence we witness, experience and share could have been instantiated four seconds ago. Evolution may indeed be bullshit but I would like to understand your argument (Vox Day's refutation seemed lucid), else I am left inferring (probably wrongly) that the purpose of this is solely to defend the literal interpretation of scripture (which, IIRC is somewhat new)

"Abiogenesis is impossible" this has legs, for example, excuse the idiom

This

They're so beautiful. Cruel to keep them caged up like that

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

It means the cell proteins and nucleotides in our chromosomes are intricately complex and specific in their structure. Minute alterations in the arrangements of the amino acid components of these protein molecules affects their shape, the way they are folded, and their function. Their unique and precise arrangement gives them their specific biological information or code. Like digits in a computer code, their arrangement must be perfect or it fails. You can't just add random genes where ever and expect them to function.

Russian foxes, bred for neoteny is as as near real-time an experiment as I have ever seen

But what is actually happening on a genetic level? In such breeding experiments there no new genetic information being added. You start with russian foxes you end with russian foxes. You could purposefully breed humans for dwarfism and you may end up with dwarfs but they are still human.

You can't just add random genes where ever and expect them to function.

Agreed. I don't believe that's what they claim however

You could purposefully breed humans for dwarfism and you may end up with dwarfs but they are still human

Agreed, this feels like the Truman Show. Why don't you let me fix you some of this Mococoa drink? All natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

quote-evolution-is-a-fact-as-securely-established-as-any-in-science-and-he-who-denies-it-betrays-richard-dawkins-57-50-73.jpg

How do you even get the combination?

Conman is a goon-ass twink bastard

Fuck his Mother

I'm new. Is the OP trolling?

Richard Dawkins is correct.

….he who denies it betrays woeful ignorance and lack of education, which likely extends to other fields as well.

Well we know @Soul_Venom fits into this stereotype perfectly, because he is just a parody ass naked gun fake Christian.

When prodded for specifics they will either resort to personal attacks and logical fallacies or give answers equivalent to the following

Me: How does a car work?
Toastedcheese: It rolls,.. duh!

I'd say its time to get a new routine you vacuous schmuck!

giphy.gif

When prodded for specifics they will either resort to personal attacks and logical fallacies or give answers equivalent to the following

Me: How does a car work?
Toastedcheese: It rolls,.. duh!

Roll with this evolution closet case ape…

giphy.gif

Charles Darwin disliked the word "Evolution" and used it sparingly. He much preferred the term "Natural Selection" as a species (any species including humans) changes over time to better fit their environment. Genes naturally change over time to adapt to a changing environment with the best genes winning out in future generations and lesser genes discontinued.

He disliked the word because "Evolution" infers an organism evolves from a lesser being to a higher, more advanced and superior being. He didn't the connotations of beings becoming superior.

They are just better suited for their environment.

Read "On the Origin of the Species". You may re-examine your views on Natural Selection (Evolution).

As pertinent today as when it was published in 1859. It was completed in the 1840's but Darwin (who died in 1870) did not want the book published in his lifetime for the sake of his family. He only relented when a scientist of note (who was a devout Christian) was going to publish a book making similar claims about Natural Selection but insisting on Creationism and the biblical "Adam and Eve" claims about the origin of man.

Genes naturally change over time to adapt to a changing environment with the best genes winning out in future generations and lesser genes discontinued.

THAT is the theory.

So why have we not seen new base pairs in any species yet? It should be happening all the time based on what the evolutionists claim are the rates at which things evolve.

"Note: You must have at least 25 non-deleted posts before you can include outside links or images. You can still include Youtube videos and links within filmboards."

Text only for me for now. I'll be able to post links/images soon.

I don't know you but I think you are having us on. The word "Evolution" is a lay term although it is reasonable to use it on a message board.

I could go into more detail about base pairs but it would entail typing and/or pasting about 50,000 words.

Thread title- "Evolution is bullshit"

Why would anyone with a science background (as you are presenting yourself) make such a palpably false comment?

Explain in detail please.

😆