Religion, Faith, and Spirituality : Marriage in Heaven?

Marriage in Heaven?

If I die and go to heaven, and then my wife remarries…

When they both die, do all three of us have to live together?

Re: Marriage in Heaven?

Are you and your wife happy?

LOL. 🤡🌎

Sure, but I wouldn't expect her to live life alone after I'm gone.

Then paint your wagon yellow and be done with it!

LOL. 🤡🌎

I don't know what that means.

Watch more movies!

LOL. 🤡🌎

It's kind of like the ending of The Titanic. (Spoilers) Rose married a man and was presumably with him for decades. Yet when she dies as an old woman, her version of heaven is to be with Jack (a man she knew for days) and the rest of the Titanic victims. Apparently, everyone who was on the Titanic when it sunk is stuck on the Titanic for eternity.

Unless the end of the movie was just a dream.

So is her husband by himself now?

He died before she did. Maybe his heaven was with someone else, so that's why her heaven was with Jack and the rest of the Titanic gang.

Are you saying he divorced her in Heaven?

No, his soul just decided on its own heaven. His soul and Rose's soul can visit each other in heaven.

Hmmm… I feel like you're just making this up as you go.

Now you're just being silly.

lol this is a brilliant exchange

and wtf?! this is the first time i've wondered about her husband at all

Re: Marriage in Heaven?…

There's no marriage in Heaven.

"I AM El Señor Fernando PÓO (💩)!!!!".

I thought you go there to be with your loved ones? What if the one you love is in love with someone else?

Doesn't happen. Everyone is friends with everyone else, and all love (in a non-sexual way; no sex in Heaven) one another like one huge family. Brotherly and sisterly love ONLY.

It's interesting that this thread poses some tough questions for those who believe in an afterlife.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

What do you think of reincarnation? That’s what I believe in, rather than the afterlife.

That's a type of afterlife since it's a new life after an old one.

But pe:
The CCC here quotes Hebrews 9:27 –“Just as it is appointed that human beings die once, and after this the judgment.” Reincarnation implies multiple lives and multiple deaths. That’s a definite no-go.

So everyone's personality changes?

What do people do all day just sit around and agree with each other?

Sounds like there's a whole lot of threesomes in Heaven, and free love for all.

Reminds me of:

ab_channel=BeverlyHillsPenguin">

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. - Matthew 22:30.

This is why the marriage vows recited in most Christian communions offer some variant of "till death do you part"; death unties marriages, and they are not resumed in heaven.

Unless you're Mormon. The eschatology of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and of its numerous splinter sects plans for marriages to remain in effect in the resurrection, and for the spouses to produce billions of spirit offspring to populate other worlds.

In the documentary Blood in the Face (1991), Pastor Robert E. Miles conducts a Klan wedding at a cross-burning held during a gathering of white supremacists in Cohoctah, Michigan, in 1986. The wedding ceremony exhibits some peculiarities, some of which suggest a relationship with Mormonism, while others are simply inscrutable.

Miles (reading from a booklet by flashlight): "Wilt thou… have this woman to be thy wedded wife, to live together after the ordinances of God and the holy estate of matrimony; wilt thou love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her both now and forever?"

Male Klansman: "I do."

Miles: "We do now pronounce that they are man and wife, re-consecrated by the grace of Jesus the Younger Son of God the Father, bound in heaven as on this earth. Thus, whom are so joined before God, let no man put asunder." (sotto voce, to the couple) "Embrace."

(The Klan woman embraces and kisses her husband on the cheek.)

Miles: "Blessings be to thee; blessings be forever… on thy marriage. May thy marriage be blessed with bounteous numbers of children. May you have families that will reach to the stars, and give honor to him who sent us to this earth. God bless you both."

The parts of the oath that speak of "both now and forever," as well as "families that will reach to the stars" both resonate with traditional Mormon beliefs. The part about "Jesus the Younger Son of God the Father".., that I've never encountered anyplace else. It would seem to be heterodox to the Mormon view that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers, but instead with Lucifer being the elder brother.

But I've never been able to find anything - apart from the peculiar wording of this wedding oath - that would suggest a link between Miles and his exclusive sectarian church (http://www.worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n89628321/) and the LDS.

§« The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters. »§

Nope no marriages in heaven or sex no need for it there

Jesus Christ is Lord ✝️