Food and Drink : What's a good way to crush nuts?

What's a good way to crush nuts?

I don't want them chunky, or powdered into oblivion.

Generally what I'd do is stick the nuts into a ziploc bag and sort of roll over them with a rolling pin or bang at them with a frying pan, but what I get is pretty inconsistent.

Does anyone have a better suggestion? My goal is to achieve very finely chopped nuts.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Re: What's a good way to crush nuts?

Just kick them really good😂

lol

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I like coming down on them with my high heel shoes 😂

“Love the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else.”

I was waiting for:

Seriously I just put them in a zip lock bag and lay it flat where they are spread out and use a hammer. Just don't go crazy hitting them. Or you would try a setting on a blender or food processor if you have either one. You can just pulse them.

Yeah, I could do that. Pulse them. Using a hammer in the bag is pretty much the same thing I'm doing now. I wondered if using a paper bag gives me more strength than a ziploc.

What are you using them for? You know you can buy them chopped 😛

For sampler toppings, so I want them crushed very finely. I've seen the chopped nuts, and they're too big. I don't buy the chopped one because once they're chopped and the smaller pieces are exposed to air, more surfaces means more oxidation. I buy the whole nuts and chop them up fresh as I need them.

I don't know how anyone can afford them. At my old house we had a pecan tree. Its just a pain shelling them.

Ooooh pecans! Those are like gold.

On the upside, I don't do this very often, which makes this not a big deal.

Jacky posted the other day about boiled peanuts. That sounded intriguing. Have you ever had those? I never have, but I'm curious what they taste like compared to when I used to just roast them.

Of course,its a southern thing lol They are yummy 😋

pagg's mouth

😂

Insert joke of your choice here _____________________________________________________.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼