Classic Film : Old IMDb Posters

Old IMDb Posters

Does anyone who wrote for the Old IMDb boards remember these posters and if so, do you know if they are currently on other boards?

Old Ale
Clore
telegonus
MaddyClassicFilms

They were among the best, most knowledgeable of the old crowd. I'd like to look them up.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

Re: Old IMDb Posters

The name telegonus is familiar but I can't tell you where he is now. It's too bad ACT1's lists are down. That may have helped to track your list.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

telegonus

I knew that name looked familiar! I haven't posted on MovieChat in awhile, but I checked to see if I could find that poster. Sure enough!
If that is an old friend from your IMDb days, go on over there. You may just reunite!
Here is our exchange when I posted on the Route 66 board….

If this is a really good friend who may remember you, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

https://moviechat.org/tt0053534/Route-66/5b9bbeecb8be8100147db3a6/And-The-Cat-Jumped-Over-The-Moon?reply=5da96a45756b796565708d90

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Thanks, everyone.

I'll check out your leads.

Telegonus posted here only yesterday! Here's the link. Scroll down a bit.

https://www.filmboards.com/board/p/19727763/permalink/#p19727763

Tele posts regularly on this and other boards. Not sure of the others. They probably lurk on the boards, or at least did so in the beginning, not sure about now.

How are you familiar with those posters? Did you post on the old board, and if so, what was your screen name?

I was on the IMDb for about eight years.

Telegonus and another poster named Clore were among the first to welcome me and I always enjoyed reading their conversations, some of which went on for three or four pages.

Another contributor I liked very much was MaddyClassicFilms.

At that time I was going by Iridescent Phantom. No one could tell if I was male or female. I was kind of amused by that.

Anyhoo, I was hoping some of the best writers had gravitated to this board. It has been a long time since the IMDb shut down. I guess those who did have since moved on.

Have you located Telegonus yet?
NZer says he just recently posted here. Click on her link and then say something to him. If he remembers you, I'm sure that he will respond.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Yes, I have.

Thank you for your reply.

😁👍
Looks like it pays to advertise!
Someone remembers you.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I remember you, Iridescent! You probably don't remember me, but I used to go by zeldafan. Caused quite a stir back in the day with the likes of Anjune and MrsElleryQueen, I was always defending the honor of the board for many years lol.

Good to see you back! Most of the gang has spread to different sites to share their wealth of knowledge. Visit different film boards and you'll find them!

Good to see another familiar name!

I remember you.

I never crossed swords with Mrs.ElleryQueen but there were fireworks whenever he posted. Was he the one who had the crush on Jim Hutton (It's been a while)?

Yes! Towards the end, half of the board was up in arms over MrsEQ. So much drama. Then the trolls took over. Sad end to a fantastic, one of a kind site!

Been meaning to get in touch with clore, to see how he's doing. I can send him a hello message from you if you'd like.

Been meaning to get in touch with clore, to see how he's doing. I can send him a hello message from you if you'd like.

Please do.

I enjoyed many conversations with him. Hope he is doing well.

I don't supposed we can start a movement here to resurrect the old Classic Film Board.

Nah. I guess not. But it's a nice idea.

hi Kirk. new sock account u gonna use?

😴👉i slept on the sidewalk by the side of the castle in the Magic Kingdom👈👸

I remember MrsElleryQueen.
She was a huge fan of Jim Hutton.
I liked him too.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….