Classic Film : Great Movies Marred By One Bad Performance

Great Movies Marred By One Bad Performance

I can't think of a great movie, yet.. But if no one can come up with any, I'll reply later with a decent movie.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Re: Great Movies Marred By One Bad Performance

Ummm…..if it was a great movie, it obviously wasn't spoiled by a bad performance.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Great?
How about just good?
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Andie Macdowell
Just watch her in it. 😂

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

No one thinks Scanners was a great movie, but it was a pretty good movie marred by the single worst performance I've ever seen–the lead character played by Stephen Lack.

Youre a dumbass micro.

You can not make a nation great. You can give people the freedom to make themselves great. The nation WILL follow.

This can happen in movies with a serious tone that feature a character for comic relief. It isn't always the actors fault. Mickey Rooney's character in Breakfast at Tiffany’s is the first that comes to mind. It is a racist depiction of an Asian man which does not go over well nowadays.

I hate racism, but I hate censorship even more. There are a lot of interesting racist people throughout history, and I like to let them speak their piece, and hear them out. Maybe 10% of it is interesting, but there's no way of ever knowing if we constantly self-censor.

I also hate the hypocrisy, because all of this is disguised as being great people, but its only about the bottom-line - money… I just find it ironic that the same people suddenly "change" overnight. I don't believe them.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Not a great movie, but controversial; some love it, some hate it.

Keanu Reeves is totally outclassed by everyone in the cast. Reeves's best movie was probably Speed, lots of super charged action that didn't depend on any deep emoting. Except for good old Dennis Hopper, who ran rings around everyone else.

Still can't figure out why Kenneth Branagh cast him in Much Ado About Nothing. Maybe Branagh was on the sauce and when he discovered what he had done it was too late.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

This has already been fleshed out. I like Keanu and I love that production of Dracula very much. I also agree his performance in particular was the one who did not fit. It was stiff, wooden, he needed a dialect coach, and well, I could go on and on.

He was cast because they were hoping to draw in the younger female teenage crowd.

I think Keanu was great in Speed, but I'll always love him in John Wick and I think that was his calling. He has a limited range but when he finds his groove, he's good within that range.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Brief Encounter is an all-time masterpiece and there's very little in it you'd want to change. But holy mother of GOD, for a minute or two there when Celia Johnson's little daughter is given her one and only line, the entire film verges on throwing itself under one of those whooshing steam trains at Milford Junction! I know she's only five or six and she's just there as feeder, but the droning delivery, the fish-eyeing of the camera (or her handler standing just out of range waving a treat), the complete inability to even sit up in bed convincingly…. how did they find her? Why on Earth did they cast her (was every other kid her age dead or in jail?)?Why didn't David Lean just cut her scene, or cover it with voiceover?

Julia Roberts in Michael Collins