Soundtracks and Scores : Favourite TV/Movie soundtrack music

Favourite TV/Movie soundtrack music

Donna: “Anyway, I think Gameboy should ban you and that faggotron Orson. Now I'm going g back to watching movies about zombies again.”

Re: Favourite TV/Movie soundtrack music

Donna: “Anyway, I think Gameboy should ban you and that faggotron Orson. Now I'm going g back to watching movies about zombies again.”

I love all the Twin Peaks music. It fitted the series perfectly.

Did you watch the new season?

No. I just have no urge to.

Yes, I wouldn’t really bother: it’s like 50% HBO level amazing, 50% Lynch wtf are you on about? I got to the last episode and didn’t even bother finishing it. I have too many other shows to see.

Speaking of which, I’m a big Matt Berry fan atm and I see he’s in a show with Kayvan Novak (Fonejacker legend) called What We Do in the Shadows. It’s got really good reviews and based on an NZ movie. Do you know it? Not sure if I need to watch the movie first.

Hi Orson . You don't need to watch the movie first; the series works as a standalone. 👍

Thanks .

I enjoyed The Lodge after I restarted it sober btw. Very dark, simmering tension, no reliance on cheap jumps and all round very clever.

I didn’t see the twist coming at all.

I watched Resolution too and loved that. I think AnnaMaria posted it on the board before - not sure if you’ve seen it.

Yes, I saw that. Pretty good, yeah! I've actually liked every those guys have done so far. I've have seen The Endless 3 times already. I guess I am a fan

You won't be disappointed with What We Do in the Shadows, especially since you already like Berry and Novak!

Without spoiling it at all (you know I hate spoilers 😬), is there any real link with The Endless? As googling it just says they share the same fictional universe, but the two guys from the predecessor are billed as being in The Endless?

Maybe you shouldn’t answer

The vaguest way to put it so there aren't any, is to say, you see them for a moment. That doesn't spoil anything.

Please watch the movie 'What We Do in the Shadows'. It's one of the funniest films I have ever seen.

@Penny
This one’s for you!

I'll try to give just 1 or 2 examples of each..

Old Ennio Morricone soundtracks where he uses Edda Dell'Orso on vocals:

Fabio Frizzi and his Fulci soundtracks:

Goblin:

John Carpenter:

Anything by Cliff Martinez (I think you liked Drive, yeah?):

And Steve Moore:

Clint Mansell, Mogwai and Kronos Quartet:

Clint Mansell and Kronos Quartet:

Massive Attack:

Isaac Hayes:

Henry Mancini:

John Williams:

And plenty more. I'll spam more a bit later. Going to watch a movie now,funnily enough.

I’ll properly listen to all of this when I’m a hungover mess tomorrow haha. But yes, Drive .

Gosling was on top of the world here. What happened?

Gosling was on top of the world here. What happened?

A musical.

Lord Orson fooken called it right then and there

https://m.imdb.com/user/ur6042724/

Blah Blah Land Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone prance about the stage for two mind-numbing hours, presumably searching for some plot and characterisation. I can't even recall what the characters were called, but they may as well have just been 'Ryan' and 'Emma', for that is all they were. It was an utterly tedious, unengaging experience and devoid of any quality or substance. I gave up after an hour.

Against my better judgement I watched the rest the next day. However, I may as well have been watching Shark Attack 7 or some nonsense like that, for I just could not be bothered even looking at the TV. The singing and dancing did little for me, with two leads not very adept at either. I derived absolutely nothing from this entirely vacuous experience. I really do not understand what the point of this was.

1/10

It's a truly terrible film, with totally forgettable numbers.

There’s been a lot of Oscar garbage recently

https://www.filmboards.com/board/p/514866/

I never saw the movie (you know how much I love musicals ) so I don't know why, unless it was good looking from a cinematography point of view. I managed to escape Gosling's big, famous romantic movie, The Notebook. When someone told me to watch it, I gave a guess as to how it ended and I was apparently spot on. No need for bird speeches. I do enjoy most of his movies, though. I don't do sappy very well.

My Inside Number 9 rating there should probably be a 9 ?

Oh yes! I'd give it the same rating.

EDIT - OOPS wrong topic 🤡

Actually, they count. Norman Reedus used Godspeed's Moya (I know, not the same album) in a short film he directed and sold directly to fans. They've featured on quite a few other film soundtracks too.

Well there you go!

Also, this in the ending to Heat 😍

Star wars and Disney movies!

Hello