Leonardo DiCaprio : he has no true life experience to play character roles

he has no true life experience to play character roles

that's what he wants to be so bad, but he's just… not a character-actor type of star like a Gene Hackman or, you-name-it… he just isn't that great… he's good, not great…

and in this picture he looks like the girl has a finger up his bung

https://www.imdb.com/gallery/rg1456315136/mediaviewer/rm851665664

The Fearmakers Blog https://thefearmakers.blogspot.com/

Re: he has no true life experience to play character roles

Why don't you like Leo? You've posted that silly pic twice.

He has no range. Maybe he did when he was younger.

You're correct. What's Eating Gilbert Grape was him at his best.

Late agree. When I see him act now it always looks like he's trying so damn hard.

Yeah, he never loses himself in a role. Everyone else can act circles around him (that was apparent in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) but Leo always looks like a child next to adults.

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

exactly he'll never be as great as robert de niro or anyone even a tier lower than him as far as the greatest actors of all time bc he's too forced and planned out with his acting, you see the acting process, it doesn't flow he doesn't have natural acting abilities, talents, or methods. acting should be effortless.

as soon as you feel like an actor is just memorizing his lines and speaking them, you know it's not great acting.

also everytime you watch robert de niro it always feels like he has life experience so in whatever role he's playing it seems and feels real. he makes every role his own. so you always believe that he is the role he's playing.

whereas leo always feels like a little kid acting. like he doesn't have the necessary life experience for us to fully believe that he is the character he's playing.

lukejbarnett

exactly just look at him in every scene opposite daniel day-lewis in gangs of new york. now you talk about leo being a child compared to a man as far as acting abilities, talents, and methods.

leo shrinks everyime he's in a scene with daniel day-lewis as far as not being anywhere near daniel in terms of acting prowess, mastery, or greatness.

lukejbarnett

yep, in the wolf of wall street in his scene with matthew mcconaughey, matthew so outdid him in acting it was embarrassing to leo.

by the way matthew doesn't get enough credit for his great acting.

maybe it's bc half of is movies are disposable and horrible romantic comedies, people need to give him more respect and admiration and accolades for his great acting.

lukejbarnett

It’s funny: As I was watching Mcconaughey in Wolf of Wall Street, I couldn’t help but fantasize about him playing Belfort instead of Leo.

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

i wish people would see what you are saying. he tries too hard to act and he' is not a natural actor like brad pitt. brad pitt always looks effortless whenever he acts a part. he is the part in every movie. whereas with leo you always see the process i've said this before, with leo you always see his acting process it's not effortless, its' not natural acting, it's planned, pre-planned, fake acting.

which is why he will never be one of the best actors of all time. he's one of the best actors of his generation but he'll never be one of the best actors of all time bc of this.

take matthew mcconaughey, he's a better actor than leo, he uses natural acting talents skills and methods.

look at him shirking in the movie gangs of new york opposite daniel day-lewis and then you'll get really convincing evidence of how he's not an all time great actor. i remember hearing about leo being this great actor for eyes before i watched gangs of new york in a theater and being very unimpressed.

he just didnt' really deliver. and he came across as very unimpressive when acting alongside daniel day-lewis. it was like daniel was a man and leo was a boy in terms of acting abilities, talents, and methods.

now leo is great and perfect in a lot of movies but in some movies he's just ok which is why he's never going to be one of the best actors of all time.

when i look back though what's weird is in his really early performances in what's eating gilbert grape? and the basketball diaries he's great and tremendous and his acting has this life and its' very grimy and raw. when i watch these performances i think my gosh how come he isnt' ever like this as an adult in movies in the last 20 years?

lukejbarnett

I hate the smarmy bastard.

He's just one of the greatest actors of the last half century. But hey you know better so there's that.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Last night in bed, I was watching things about the Titanic and big ships. He came up as hot in a freeze photo.

Blog
Christina Barrett

He showed his range in that movie that won his 1st Academy Award. I barely recognized him. It wasn't the type of character he usually does. He didn't do any shouting or those other quirks he has.