Brokeback Mountain : This film is basically a soap opera.

This film is basically a soap opera.

It was important and groundbreaking in helping the breeder majority understand homosexuality. But it was not a great film in the annals of cinema as art.

It did not deserve an academy award.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Re: This film is basically a soap opera.

I saw it once when it came out and was bored to tears by it. Michelle Williams is very good in it, though.

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

It was important and groundbreaking in helping the breeder majority understand homosexuality.

It was directed by a ricepaddy fool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Hush, you’re giving him another reason to dislike it.

Where did I say I didn't like it?

It was a socially important film. I'm for anything which goes against the Hollywood stereotype that we're all a bunch of traipsing queens. But it was just an average movie and didn't deserve a nomination for Best Picture.

Administrator
I GameBoy

You didn’t appear to like it as a viewing experience but appreciate the cultural importance. I didn’t get the soap opera vibe but then I liked it more than you did.

The director was educated in the U.S. That saved him from the rice paddies.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Saved.? Chinese-americans are more educated than wheit-americans and Taiwan is one of the richest countries in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Then why did Ang Lee go to university in the U.S.? He could have learned how to use an abacus in China.

Administrator
I GameBoy

He went to the US because he wanted to learn about drama and the arts even though his father wanted him to go into science. He had already received most of his education in Taiwan but perhaps wanted to get away from his father.

Yeah, and throngs of Americans and Brits are going to university in China. This stuff is not rocket science.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Still not as black and white as you like to make it though.

Dude, Ang Lee is not directing Chinese opera.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Neither is Zhang Yimou.

And he'd most likely be knee deep in rice paddy mud if George Eastman hadn't invented film.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Oh gosh, the options are so narrow.

About 35 percent of China's labor force is in agriculture (compared to 2.5 percent in the U.S.).

http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat9/sub63/item348.html

Administrator
I GameBoy

See, not so black and white after all.

Did you bother to check context? A certain poster is arguing that Chinese are superior to "wheits". Any study of history or current statistics on education and standard of living shows that to be nonsense.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Maybe, they are only smart at Asian things..

¼ Irish, French, German
¼ Irish, ⅛ Dutch, German, French
½ Dutch Chinese-Indonesian
Blog

Yeah but doesn’t she have admitted mental health issues?

She's not posting commas and der dur derp misspelled lines of gibberish any more so she's fair game.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Okay, fire away…

The multi award winning director Zhang Yimou worked for a few year as a farm labourer during the Cultural Revolution so there's always hope.

I thought it was a really good movie. I won't comment of the award win.

And it made me slightly ill. WAY too graphic! And yes, not a great movie.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

It was a great movie and no more graphic then hetro sex.

True but a lot of people are freaked out by seeing a same sex couple touch let alone kiss.

Usually the ones screaming about it don't complain when it is two women.

Yeah, I noticed that. Men get all squeamish about seeing two guys get physical and are "grossed out" by it, but if it's two women, suddenly everything is sexy and fine. "Gay" is okay as long it's not two dudes. Pppffftt.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I never got having a reaction like that. Its fine if you are not attracted to same sex but why are you so threatened by two human beings who love each other or even just lust each other? Gay people have had to watch straight sex for decades and suck it up. I rather the arts reflect real life then pretend gay people don't exist and have exsisted since the dawn of time. Straight people need to get over themselves. Not to mention why watch a movie you know what the subject is if it grosses you out? OK,rant over lol.

Gender roles.

Men are expected to act a certain way, while women are more free to behave how they wish.

A woman could wear masculine clothing in public and no one would care, but a man in a dress is going to turn heads.

As someone who is a bit bisexual and very open minded, I can say that I don’t think this is the case. Two women making love just IS inherently more beautiful and sexy. Also, I have never thought of girl on girl sex as women acting “masculine”.

I wanna say all those things, those dirty things
That would be better unsaid

It's not about gender roles or expectations.

It's about the literal visual and act.

One is hairy man colon being penetrated by another man, in which his penis will get fecal matter residue on it, compared with two fresh-looking, hairless smooth curvy bodies licking each other.

It's like presenting two buckets, one filled with shit and used needles, and the other filled with rose pedals from Luxembourg. Which one are you going to get more grossed out by?

It is obvious mentally you are not grown up enough to handle something out of your comfort zone. Or maybe the movie hit a nerve. Something you want to tell us? Its ok to come out,we won't judge.

That's PE. He's sexually repressed.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Repressed x 100 million

It's about the literal visual and act.

There are many sexual acts that are rather unpleasant to visualize. Do you envision your parents or grandparents having sex? I very seriously doubt it. What about fat Karen gettin' it on with bony Billy-Bob down the street? What about your highschool English teacher getting tea-bagged by the janitor?

The 'acts' are personal and their purpose exists between the two (consenting, of course) partners experiencing it together. Gay or straight, it doesn't matter. What Martian on Filmboards (or anyone else for that matter) feels/thinks when they're visualizing it, doesn't and shouldn't matter.

One is hairy man colon being penetrated by another man, in which his penis will get fecal matter residue on it, compared with two fresh-looking, hairless smooth curvy bodies licking each other.

Not all men are hairy. Some men do groom their bodies in preparation for intercourse, be it with man or a woman. Women do the same. With that being said, those who engage in anal sex do clean-up back there for the very purpose of avoiding exposure to fecal matter.

Also, lets take your description of two women being intimate - two fresh-looking, hairless smooth curvy bodies licking each other - and let's change it to two chunky-looking, cellulite-ridden, lumpy bodies licking each other. How's that lookin' to ya?

It's like presenting two buckets, one filled with shit and used needles, and the other filled with rose pedals from Luxembourg. Which one are you going to get more grossed out by?

…Yikes. Now you're just over-simplifying your already-skewed perspective here and it's just not working.

Men get all squeamish about seeing two guys get physical and are "grossed out" by it

Well no shit, Sherlock. God forbid a man get grossed out at the sight of another man's gaped hairy penetrated smelly colon, but not be grossed out by a woman getting her clitoris licked by another woman. Who would've thunk!?

Because a spade is not a spade.

Two women together don't stink up a room with their fart fumes.

Moral argument aside, two women together is a relatively safe and clean form of sex. It's even cleaner than heterosexual sex.

Two men together, one usually penetrates the other's anus with his penis. So now we have the image of a gaped colon. That's not a good visual to have. It's generally an unsanitary, unhygienic form of sex that causes risk of infections.

It's not about double-standard homophobia. It's about common sense. The two are very different from each other from the perspective of hygiene: far from equivalents.

Two women = clean, Icelandic spring water, spring meadows

Two men = farty fart feces pants, sewer, toxic sludge

You have BBM on dvd! Confirmed via tinychat cam in 2018. :3

ok i googled bbm and i got nothing. What's it stand for?

EDIT: oh, yeah I do have that on dvd. lol.

but who r u? what is tinychat

Well no shit, Sherlock. God forbid a man get grossed out at the sight of another man's gaped hairy penetrated smelly colon, but not be grossed out by a woman getting her clitoris licked by another woman. Who would've thunk!?

Again, a skewed perspective. As hard as this may be, let's open our minds here, a little, and consider the other comparisons that we could make. How about a clean, freshly-shaven man performing oral sex (or whatever else) on another clean, freshly-shaven man? Oh, or how about a chunky, cellulite-ridden, unclean woman receiving gratification from another chunky, cellulite-ridden, unclean woman?

Does that change things for you at all or is the story still the same for you?

Two women together don't stink up a room with their fart fumes.

But it's not at all impossible. What if one of those two glorious sex-kittens that you enjoy visualizing so much, rips a big one right there during all the action? Would that make your fantasy a bit more enjoyable or would that be a total buzz-kill? Just another little something for you to consider.

Moral argument aside, two women together is a relatively safe and clean form of sex. It's even cleaner than heterosexual sex.

What about two men sucking each other off? How is that different?

It's not about double-standard homophobia. It's about common sense. The two are very different from each other from the perspective of hygiene: far from equivalents.

Common sense, which you have yet to acquire. Not only do you suffer from a complete lack of perspective but you're simply using your own sexual preferences/repulsions and biases to try to "prove" why something is "bad" or "gross".

Two women = clean, Icelandic spring water, spring meadows

Two men = farty fart feces pants, sewer, toxic sludge

Refer to point above.

"Gay" is okay as long it's not two dudes.”

Umm yeah

Have you ever asked yourself why Precious Moments dolls are cute?

Would they convey the same cuteness if they were two hairy dudes fucking each other in the arse? No.

But the right two girls together can convey the same cuteness of a Precious Moments doll. It has an “awwww” factor.

Two men cannot invoke the “awww” factor. Get it, now?

Study your prey thoroughly, and choose only those who will prove susceptible.

It mediocre at best, and the simulated butt sex was disgusting imho.
BTW, I'm not always comfortable with hetero sex in movies.

I hate to break it to you,but straight people have anal sex to.

Yes I know, and that's disgusting and perverted also imho.

Gives the best orgasm “for the giver”. Some girls like it better than vaginal intercourse.

They like being poked in the pooper??

“Daddy, Daddy, Daddyyyyy, “Daddyyyyyyyyy”