David Wenham : Narration

Narration

His Narration in 300 was spot on, it really helped tie the movie together. I really don't like narration in most movies, unless it is Morgan Freeman in Shawshank, but congrats, well done here.

Re: Narration

Oh man, you and I have such different opinions on this one. I sat in the theatre going "Shup up already!" The initial setup was enough. To each his/her own.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It wasn't so much the narration that bothered me as his voice. It sounded like a hobbled little magician, selling trinkets in the bazaar or something. It was really out of place and definitely lowered my opinion of the movie.

I thought the narration was extremely annoying, also he is not Greek and he did not look Greek at all, that really bothered me. At least the king looked Greek but this guy didn't.

his voice is unique, but not narrative,whilehe is one of my favorite actors, and defintely eye-candy lately, I found the narration a bit distracting…after awhile, the story should just play out and speak for itself, narratations don'tdo it forme, unless its 'March of the Penguins'

wow you must really love him
hahahahahaha!

I loved David's narration. I thought it was one of the things that held the movie together. But yeah, to each it's own.

Hee hee! A hobbled little magician! I wish I had come up with that description. I thought the function of the narration was okay, but he did sound a little weird and tinny sometimes. It didn't really lower my opinion of the movie, but it did make me think, "Huh?" a few times.

Post deleted

"It wasn't so much the narration that bothered me as his voice. It sounded like a hobbled little magician, selling trinkets in the bazaar or something. It was really out of place and definitely lowered my opinion of the movie."

LMAO, that is a brilliant description! And what was going on with his accent?!
To the person who said he doesn't look Greek though, can I point out that Alexander the Great, probably the most famous person in Greek history, was blond.

I enjoyed the narrations and i thought his voice worked well

I LOOVE HIS VOICE

I LOVE his voice. So sexy…

If you're 6'5 and 260 pounds, it doesn't mean you're big all over. - Alyssa Milano

He usually has a good voice, but this time I just wanted him to open his mouth a bit wider and speak like a normal person. Didn't it sound like he was trying a little too hard to be interesting??

"Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken… pot… pie…"

I liked the Narration. Specifically I liked how in the end it was shown that the narration was simply his telling the story to the Council and to the Army at the battle of Salamis. People complaining about things like the fact that he did not look or sound Greek need to look up something called suspension of disbelief.

Post deleted

most of you on here are probably girls I take it, well I am a guy, and I just think David Wenham is a great actor, he deserves more mainstream hollywood leading roles

but to the point, I think his voice is cool, I thought his narration in 300 was great, his voice is unique, and I am glad it is, because if it had just been some normal sounding person talking, it would have got boring

but Wenham made it work, I thought the narration was important also, because in a sense, it very much made Dilios the main character, it made him the viewpoint of the audiance, we see things from his point of view, his inner monologues give us his vantage point on how he percieved the events that happened, and I liked it, made his character a much larger, important part in the story

I swear I wish David Wenham had gotten a role in Sin City, he would own the narrations in any of those stories

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one…good odds for any greek" - Dilios

Uhmm… Wenham's work is OK as a narrator but didn't anyone notice (i.e., test audiences, director, producers, script supervisor, writer, etc…) that his character (towards the end of the film) somehow manages to narrate scenes he was not in, did not witness nor could not have known the outcome of because he had been sent back to Sparta and not one of the Spartans survived… I was freaking well shouting at the movie screen by that point of time… it's simply an example of BAD film making 101…

the whole film is a story he is telling to his troops 1 year after the batt2000le of thermoylea ended, obviously, after a whole years time, the bodies of all of the spartans were found at thermopylea, filled with arrows.

nobody really knows what happened, but Dilios gives his opinion on how the spartans made their last stand, he would imagine that it went down like that, all of the information he has to go off of is that all of them were found filled with arrows, and that wouldnt make for a very dramatic end to the story which is supposed to raise his troops moral on the bravery of their king and the 300 at thermopylea.

so yeah, him narrating scenes he was never in is obviously him telling the scene he pictures from the little knowledge he does know about what happened

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one…good odds for any greek" - Dilios

Best role in the movie. Wouldn't be the same with out his voice. Great speeches.

I was also slightly put off by his Aussie accent, but the movie was really great.

I think his narration was moving, intense, and helped a lot for the movie's purpose. It's a matter of opinions. I didn't even notice his Aussie accent!

"Hate is baggage, life's too short to be pissed off all the time".