Gareth Edwards : I envy his career.

I envy his career.

He made only one film with half a million and now he's the director of the biggest movie on theaters and will direct one of the most anticipated movie part of the biggest franchise ever.
Isn't his life beautiful?

Re: I envy his career.

You really people care about the Star Wars spin-offs? Episode VII is indeed one of the more highly-anticipated installme 238 nts of the saga, but the spin-offs are not.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

See what happens when you give talented directors a chance?

People would watch an Iranian film if it has 2 minutes of a Star Wars character

Where can I see this???? I MUST!

I care. It's all about escapism and diving into the wonderful world of Star Wars.

I think he partly financed MONSTERS with his own money, though. That helps.

now he's the director of the biggest movie on theaters

Godzilla is not one of the biggest movies in theaters. So far it's made just over $200 million on a production budget of $160 million and a marketing budget of $100 million. The last remaining territories are Russia and China and if the movie doesn't make an additional $100 million in returns there then Godzilla is pretty much a flop.

will direct one of the most anticipated movie part of the biggest franchise ever

Well, he's pretty much the new J.J. then. A director with no original ideas of his own, piggy-backing off of decades old franchises in an attempt to make a hit. He's basically a director of fan fiction.

Say what you want about Nolan (he's hugely overrated) but at least he's making original movies like The Prestige, Inception and Interstellar. He's not just milking other people's franchises because he has no ideas of his own.

Half a million? Try 15 grand!

"I neither read nor write long-winded essays on the IMDB"