NCIS : It has been fun, but the end is here: IMDB Announcement

It has been fun, but the end is here: IMDB Announcement

IMDb is the worlds most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDbs message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDbs message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.

Increasingly, IMDb customers have migrated to IMDbs social media accounts as the primary place they choose to post comments and communicate with IMDbs editors and one another. IMDbs Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/imdb) and official Twitter account (https://twitter.com/imdb) have an audience of more than 10 million engaged fans. IMDb also maintains official accounts on Snapchat (https://www.snapchat.com/add/imdblive), Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/imdbofficial/), YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/imdb), and Tumblr (http://imdb.tumblr.com/).

Because IMDbs message boards continue to be utilized by a small but passionate community of IMDb users, we announced our decision to disable our message boards on February 3, 2017 but will leave them open for two additional weeks so that users will have ample time to archive any message board content theyd like to keep for personal use. During this two-week transition period, which concludes on February 19, 2017, IMDb message board users can exchange contact information with any other board users they would like to remain in communication with (since once we shut down the IMDb message boards, users will no longer be able to send personal messages to one another). We regret any disappointment or frustration IMDb message board users may experience as a result of this decision.

IMDb is passionately committed to providing innovative ways for our hundreds of millions of users to engage and communicate with one another. We will continue to enhance our current offerings and launch new features in 2017 and beyond that will help our customers communicate and express themselves in meaningful ways while leveraging emerging technologies and opportunities.

Re: It has been fun, but the end is here: IMDB Announcement

I JUST now saw that myself wow I'm going to miss this place!

Obviously not passionate enough if they don't care about people still using the boards. Anyone worked out how to use what they mention in the blurb or can we not keep in touch anymore? It has been interesting reading regular postings from people.

Seems like as usual a few bad apples has caused the basket to be thrown out along with all of the perfectly good ones that were in it. :/

Reddit has its annoyances but you can still have a fake username there.

It's one of the few similar places that allows anonymity, anymore.

That or Tumblr.

TVWithoutPity has resurrected their boards; however, it doesn't seem to be too stable.

I think this old dog is just too old to try something new.

I have already sent a very terse email to Amazon, the parent company of IMDB.

This is really depressing to me.

They're too interested in working on their drones.

Saw that. *Not happy*

How much server space can these things actually take?

I know, right? I mean it's not like they keep EVERY page! pages drop off after a while.

The Maharishi says "Never drink champagne from a paper cup." - Linc Hayes

I predict IMDb will be turning into a virtual ghost town.

Dr Jason Bull: Don't give up on people, they're all we've got.

It'll be hard to tell. Without board traffic there's no way for the end user to keep track. Maybe the number of votes given when rating an episode or movie, but that's it.

The only reason I used IMDB was for the message boards. Since they're getting rid of the boards, I wonder how many people are going to post how they really feel when they post or reply to messages. I mean if they're going to delete all the messages anyway, there's no reason to hold back on sentiment or language.

This is crazy, this is really upsetting.

I just read that. so sad, i'll miss a lot of folks here. anyone that wants to keep in touch, PM me and we can swap emails.

The Maharishi says "Never drink champagne from a paper cup." - Linc Hayes

If you can't be kind, be quiet

That is such a shame

I just saw this..:(

Kate
Mark Harmon and NCIS Fan
katiegirl0831@gmail.com

Why don't they just give the real reason and say, "We wanted to cut costs and increase our profits. So we fired everybody on the message board staff"?

What staff? They never could eradicate the Asian Equslity spammers

I don't post that much anymore but I stop by often to "visit" my cyber buddies. I will be sad to see them go.

To lose patience is to lose the battle ~~ Mahatma Ghandi

I don't post that much anymore but I stop by often to "visit" my cyber buddies. I will be sad to see them go.

To lose patience is to lose the battle ~~ Mahatma Ghandi

Wow!! what a cr@ppy thing for IMDb to do!

they did bring back our "emoticons" when we got pi$$ed off that they were only going to use those ugly emojis, but somehow I don't think they'll change their decision about dumping the message boards

I think it's a done deal, and unfortunately signing a Petition won't do much good

I'm really not surprised with this decision

I don't know if it has anything to do with cost , but I do know that for a long time reporting users for being obscene/foul or generally in violation of the Terms & Conditions of Use has been pretty much pointless
the pendejos just never seem to "go away"

o.k., all that said I don't do Facebook, and I don't Tweet; it's a choice I made a long time ago
so, my posting days about NCIS (and a few other shows) will soon be coming to an end

it's been a pleasure expressing my opinions about the show - good or bad, positive or negative - and discussing other various OT subjects over the years

I will truly miss you, my dear "Board Buddies"
(Maxine says she will miss you, too)

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

I just looked at every site they listed. I don't see how any of them are in any way comparable to the system here. I guess I'll just leave IMDb behind and try working with TV Guide & EW, and try and see what else I can find.

I was on Facebook recently for Hell's Kitchen, and that site is gosh-awful and terrible to try and navigate within. Any other show's FB site would be the same.

On the plus side, I'll save a ton of time staying away from here!

On the plus side, I'll save a ton of time staying away from here!

me too, amorehl!

now I'll be able to spend more time working on my plan for "World Peace", and Lord knows we need it now more than ever!!

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

Well this is crap! I love my daily visit to the boards to what people have posted about.
Like others I'm not on facebook or twitter so will miss this so much

Good luck with the World Peace thing. The closest I get is whirled peas. Interesting, taste pretty good, but nowhere near as satisfying as unifying all of mankind in love and acceptance.

_________

No, David. No one is happy in a poodle skirt and a sweater set.

I am all for world peace, but I know that will never happen, there are millions of crazy ass nuts with guns in this world that killing is their dream, so we have to kill them, they kill us, and the beat goes on, that's reality.

If you can't be kind, be quiet