Allie Grant : Nice 2 see a chubby actress!

Nice 2 see a chubby actress!

Nowadays, its all barbie doll/ skeletons on screen and i think its quite disturbing and a really bad influence. I think its nice to see an actress carrying some excess weight! As well as Raven there aren't alot of chubby actresses.

Re: Nice 2 see a chubby actress!

It's just as pathetic that people her size are actually considered as chubby.

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

She IS chubby. She should make a mental note to start trying to be in shape.

"Mrs. Ryland, seniors are taking over the town. Would you like a gun?"
"Oh, I suppose so."

Yeah because if she's not skinny that means she is unhealthy.

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

You don't need to be skinny to be healthy, but being "chubby" as some have put it as young as she is (14 or 15 years old) is the start of a path to an unhealthy life.

Nobody should judge someone else for being a little overweight. But there is nothing good about being overweight, it is a health risk. There's also nothing good about being underweight, anorexia is just as bad IMO as obesity. A little chub is no big deal but a lot of excess weight can cause all sorts of health issues.

---
Jesus wasn't a homophobe.

more people actualy die from anorexia

I don't think it's worse than going through life as a complete doucebag without knowing. So I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I think it's much worse. At least being a douchebag isn't accompanied by physical ailments and life ending diseases.

I'd rather live to 100 as a douche than 60 with a weight problem of obesity.

**Now for the crazies to start with the illogical arguements to my post.**

Re: Nic
5b4
e 2 see a chubby actress!

He waist and legs are very slender; she just has a bit of stubborn weight (not even much) on her arms. Abdominal fat is the biggest worry in terms of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, and she's quite slender 2000 there. So maybe learn a little about those physical ailments before claiming that a short-ish girl with a little fat on her face (as is normal when you thin out) and arms (which looks fine and isn't bulky).

This post was almost 3 years ago. Im fairly certain she doesnt have the same body she had 3 years ago.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

If she stays the same weight she is right now, and we don't see her gaining extra weight, then you shouldn't be bothering her. If she was gaining weight, I would be concerned

I may be crazy but it keeps me from going insane

the thing is hideous.

wow u guys r reeally mean

shes a little over wait.and onyl a little!
but if u think about it.its liek teh perfect wait! id date er =]]

shes a reeally niice person in real life so u guys should stop!

add =]] www.myspace.com/aznprd55

a little over weight? jesus u gotta be huge... SHE IS FAT, DEAL WITH IT!
dont get why you fattos want the rest of us to gain lots of weight and be vitcims of all the disease that over weights get...

You guys are really...WITCHES....about weight, huh?
It SHOULDN'T even matter! Did you guys, like, never watch Disney channel?
Oh wait, you must have to have seen Allie in something....
so give her a break!
Or why don't you get your lazy bums off the computer and lose some weight yourselves?
meanies.

Angst levels reaching critical!
Danger danger!

Holy *beep* you children need to calm down just a tad, seriously, reading though this thread's given me the urge to dye my hair black and slit my wrists.

OP - thumbs up, it is nice to see someone who doesn't feel the need to follow Hollywood's example of 'beauty'... and so long as she isn't getting any health problems from it, good for her.

ejdumas - Whether or not someone is overweight is also determined on them; their exercise habits, what they eat, etc. You can't blame everything on genes.

And to everyone else: LMAO GO BACK OT MYSPACE

Post deleted

Is it good just to see a chubby actress, even when she sucks? She *beep* ruins 1354 "Weeds" for me. I LIKE the show, but I would LOVE it is someone else played her part. ANYONE ELSE. She's such a *beep* actress. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's fat, because I understand the CHARACTER is supposed to be a fat chick as well. It's just her understanding of the script and the way she reacts to certain situations makes no sense. It's so *beep* annoying to see a good show get ruined by one retarded actress... Too bad...

Post deleted

wow you guys are *beep* but she is fat

haha this is funny because half you peolpe in here could be over weight as well. she because your fat means nothing. its can also be in your genes. i know its in my families genes and it skipped me but not my sister. and i think over weight peolpe are just like us, i would rather see a chubby actdress then a nicole riche any day.and fatto, isnt that immature. im 14(im using my moms account because im to lazy to make one)and i know thats wayyyyyy to immmature

who cares about her weight
shes an awesome actress

She so fat! But I love that she's fat in weeds so her mother can tell her that she's too fat. Cecile tells the truth about her. Why can't every mother be this way to their child?

Seriously PBRTW - I think you need your brain examined. I can't comprehend why a person of your so called 'intelligence' could think that way. Who again do you think you are? She is 14, and most likely doing what she loves in life- It doesn't matter if she is overweight, she is a beautiful little girl, and we as viewers, are lucky to see her on TV. All of the children in our world right now want to be like someone, and many of these 'someones' are people who are in our TV stations and the like. Why would we want our future generations to all be like Barbie dolls. Many children are overweight, and yes, some need help, but there are plenty who are healthily chubby - why would we want theese kids to suffer with who they are at a young age to look like a barbie, when we have to opportunity to give this girl props and allow others to look up to her for who she is?

+++Stephanie Ann+++
I love Harry Potter!

Here you are! You gave up with the whole "Everyone who has gone agains Ashely, READ THIS!" post? Anyway, I need a brain examined? It's you where all your fat is blocking your brain. This girl looks like a little bowling ball.

Here you are trying -again- to make people like you so you can feel happy with yourself. You're fat. Get a good diet and help with a REAL doctor. Not the doctor you went last time. A doctor who honestly tells you you're fat and need to lose weight.

About Allie. Allie is fat too. But I agree with most of the members she is great in Weeds. I love that she's a le 5b4 sbian and her mother hates that. But well.. she's fat. Funny thing about it is, she was cast for the roll because she's fat because if she wasn't they couldn't make the fat jokes about her in Weeds.

Wake up Stephanie! Come to the real life. Try to stand up straight and look at your feet. You can't see them! You want to know why? Because you're freaking fat!

Anyway, I need a brain examined? It's you where all your fat is blocking your brain.

See, but fat doesn't grow on the brain. Once again, Pink here displays her utter ignorance to the workings of the human body.

Here you are trying -again- to make people like you so you can feel happy with yourself.

It's a popular stereotype, but untrue. People said the exact same thing about gay people, that they wanted to "convert" everyone, did you know that?
We don't want to "make everyone fat," you paranoid moron. We want people to be happy with themselves regardless of what they weigh, and for people like you to shut up and let people be at whatever weight they want to be.
This moral panic you're trying to incite is pointless because your definition of "dangerously obese" is skewed to the point that I actually think you have anorexia.

Get a good diet
Again with the presumption that everyone who is fat is currently eating nothing but junk. I'll admit that unhealthy eating habits helped get me to where I am (but not as much as an inactive thyroid), but I no longer eat poorly and I exercise every day. Not to lose weight, but to be healthy.

Wake up Stephanie! Come to the real life. Try to stand up straight and look at your feet. You can't see them! You want to know why? Because you're freaking fat!

I'm sure that the more you say it, the more it will alarm people. Or it'll just annoy people that you keep stating the obvious. Or perhaps she isn't fat, and you're just a paranoid, narrow minded little idiot who thinks that everyone who opposes your elitist opinion is fat.

You really need to try to separate the things I mean and the things I just think is funny. I don't know why you try to compare fat people to gay people so I don't know how to response to that because I think being fat is a illness and being gay isn't.

You know, it may look like I'm someone who haves anorexia because I notice what I eat. I don't go every week to eat junkfood, eat lots of chocolate etc. That's why I have a healthy weight.

If you're overweight you should lose weight it's just that easy in theory(Actually I wouldn't know, I never had to lose weight). People should accept that. It's fine to be happy with the person you are and how you are, but you only really like yourself if you know you have an unhealthy weight and know you have to do something about it.

You really need to try to separate the things I mean and the things I just think is funny.

Since I cannot hear you or read your mind through text in a post, that would be impossible.

I don't know why you try to compare fat people to gay people so I don't know how to response to that because I think being fat is a illness and being gay isn't.

Being fat does not equal being gay, because as you said, they're not the same thing. However, I don't think people should depreciate one type of prejudice over the other, as if to say something like "racism is worse than homophobia, which is worse than sizeism," because every group has the potential to be oppressed. However, there is a pattern that I see in all types of prejudice, which is what I was making reference to.

Back when homosexuality was still something people feared, people on the opposing "side" made the claim, among other things, that gay people wanted to turn everyone gay. The whole "They're all out to get me" mindset. This is simply not the case, and just like homosexuals weren't out to change anyone, neither are fat acceptance groups. We just want everyone to be happy with themselves and each other.

Oh, and fat is not an illness. Fat is a natural layer of tissue, meant to store energy and insulate our bodies. Morbid obesity, at an extreme point, is classified as an illness by some doctors, but should really be treated as psychologically.
Fat, itself is not some kind of pathogen or malignancy.

You know, it may look like I'm someone who haves anorexia because I notice what I eat. I don't go every week to eat junkfood, eat lots of chocolate etc. That's why I have a healthy weight.

I never said I thought you were anorexic because of how you look. I said it was because of how you treat people who you view as fat with such vitriol and spite.

If you're overweight you should lose weight

Sweetheart, it should be the person's own choice. We do have the ability to make our own choices. If someone feels the need to lose weight, then they will.

it's just that easy in theory(Actually I wouldn't know, I never had to lose weight).

EXACTLY. How would you know how easy it is? This is exactly the problem with people who speak against the obese; they have NO IDEA how difficult it is. It takes a long time. It takes a lot of effort. Your idea of weight loss is five minutes on a treadmill = loss of five pounds. It's nowhere near that simple, especially since a lot of fat people have such slow metabolisms. You need to step back and let people be, because when you jump into a situation that you know very little about and start harassing people, you become a roadblock in people's way.

but you only really like yourself if you know you have an unhealthy weight and know you have to do something about it.
This is another issue I've been meaning to bring up: the role of self-esteem in weight loss. A lot of fat people suffer from depression and self-image problems. I know because I used to be one of them. It's a difficult, painful road of "I can't"s and "it won't help because I'm not worth it"s. However, you've got the formula reversed. Someone must learn to love themselves before any change can be made. Remember, if you lack confidence, you're less likely to convice yourself that you can and want to change. A lot of fat people get a good start and then something triggers their depression, and they slip back into that "I'm no good" mentality. Teasing and taunting like you do doesn't help, either.
Someone from a size acceptance blog said something that I'll always remember: You're more likely to help someo b68 ne you love than someone you hate.

I agree everybody has fat, but when you're 200 pounds there is too much fat. You can accept yourself, and you should, but you also need to know that that much fat is unhealthy when you're short. There're two different kind of ways to accept yourself:

1) I'm overweight I love myself and I don't need to change my body.
2. I accept myself, I love myself but I understand that my health now is at risk. I need to change myself, but I still love myself.

I think option 2 is the right option. Because at 1 you're just fooling yourself.

Ow yeah, sweetheart, I said that is was easy in theory I wouldn't know if it's hard to lose weight because I never have to do that. Just to set things straight.

XoXo

2. I accept myself, I love myself but I understand that my health now is at risk. I need to change myself, but I still love myself.

Oh, I completely agree that everyone should do their best to be healthy. However, I believe it should be the individual in question who should do the decision making. No matter which person you try to convey this thought from, it still sounds like YOU'RE making the decision for someone, that YOU'RE telling them that they HAVE to. I agree that people should be as healthy as they can be, but it is not your business to tell them to jump on a treadmill or to eat better. You don't know what people are doing already.

And there is one crucial factor you're missing here: weight does not, and will never, determine someone's health. I have friends who weigh MORE than 200 pounds, who can outrun me and keep running, who eat almost nothing but vegetables, don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I know people who weigh less than 150 who can barely keep up with me on a bike without getting winded. I feel sorry for them because they eat nothing but junkfood and smoke a pack a day, and yet everywhere they go, they're told that they don't need to take steps to be healthier because they're very thin and don't gain weight because of their metabolism. I worry about him, but I know that there's nothing I can do but suggest healthier foods. It is his choice to quit smoking and eating junkfood.

I agree weight doesn't tell everything about someones health. But it is a factor! You said you know some people who weigh more than 200 pounds. I'm sorry but if they haven't got the lengt of a door they are overweight. I know, I'm not a doctor but that is just a fact you don't need to be a doctor to tell someone that. Ofcourse there're more thing in life that are damaging your health but overweight is one of them, especially in America.

Yes there are people who drink, smoke and do other unhealthy stuff and they are still slim, I know a few a them. They may not have to lose weight but they are not healthy. We don't know what's happing with their liver and lung. With weight on the other hand you can see it.

I'm not telling them what to do, but it would be hypocritical if I am not allowed to tell people this because we (well, lots of people) come here on the boards and start mocking on celeberties.

I know Allie Grant personally and she is NOT overweight AT ALL. It is called acting and they dress her to look that way. She is, in real life, very tiny and probably a size 2, at most. I go to school with her and see her every week and I can tell you, she is tiny. This is a 14 year old kid and you all should be ashamed of yourself for calling an excellent young actress "fat." This does, however, show how convincing she is in her role and how great of an actress she is because she totally fooled all of you.

She's lost a lot of weight. The double chin is gone.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I agree weight doesn't tell everything about someones health. But it is a factor! You said you know some people who weigh more than 200 pounds. I'm sorry but if they haven't got the lengt of a door they are overweight. I know, I'm not a doctor but that is just a fact you don't need to be a doctor to tell someone that. Ofcourse there're more thing in life that are damaging your health but overweight is one of them, especially in America.

I'm not as tall as a dore, actually i'm on the short side and was almost at 200 pounds when I was at my healthiest, see muscle ways more than fat... also I was what you would probably call {"normal"} weight when I had injured my back and wasn t eating much at all...

pinkbunny, you re a stupid child. There is clearly something wrong with you for making such a big deal about this, I m guessng it s your lack of wit...saying things like the fat is going to your brain...

and shes not even fat, she s not even TV Fat, she s TV Husky if anything. and TV husky is usualy just a thick frame.

and you obviously have no idea about the complexity of weight issues, what you said is way to over-simplified.

that being said she started young, and I m guessing the writers thought she d grow up to be bigger but if anything is settling into her frame. I can t stand it when people who are over-weight (the united states has a huge problem with this) that blaim it on thick bones, some people will even say its a thirode problem when it isnt (which CAN have a huge effect on your weight, I ve seen a girl go from underweight to over-weight in 15months with a thiroid problem.

I feel sorry for whatever infiriority complex you have... Having to call a young girl who probabaly isn t even over-weight (as proportion to her body and heght, as its normal for girls to have extra weight at that age) a ball with legs. Just that alone says A LOT about you.

she d call you an un-educated broke-ass I m sure.

yeah its very nice to see fat people on tv :)
well ya say that there are almost no fat actresses, ya forgot Christie alley the fat actress herself! but anyway. there are very few of em CUS its disgusting!

Just about everyone posting is obviously a closet fatass or a little ignorant kid. Especially zummy_. You can easily bet after reading all her former posts that zummy is not any older than about 14 and most likely rocks the thunder thighs herself.

Zummy, you should get off IMDB and leave it to the big people. And I mean adults by big people, not morbidly obese little girls like yourself.

I like her in Weeds ....
If she was a skinny hottie she would not have gotten the part... we are what we are and I think she plays her part well.

AH D*MN! this proves everything I've ever said. fat people stick together :) Im not leaving IMDB, and neither should you! all you need to leave are those 60 extra pounds of yours and all of your dried out bitterness you hateful supersized b*tch!

Looking at Zummy's past posts its easy to see that s/he's an overweight bitter person and comes on here to try to attack anyone overweight just to get some replies. I'd assume the positive replies people usually reply with make zummy feel better about itself for being obese.

Its obvious that Zummy is overweight since in one of her earlier posts on another thread she talks about different things to do 2000 to try to lose weight with so much detail.

yeah keep telling yourself that you fat monster. you love me. I mean c'mon I call you fat and bitter and you call me exactly the same. be orginal fattie.

You just contradicted what you just said to me. You're as smart as you are skinny kid.

I.E You're retarded and obese.

envy is a death sin, so cut the BS you fat *beep. i dont think you even know yourself what youre talking about! word of advice you *beep* up cow, stop *beep* yourself on the leg. its kinda aqward for the rest of us to witness. in advance, thank you :)

I honestly don't understand a word you just said. Did you fail 4th grade English or are you still in the 4th grade? Can you perhaps stop talking like this is a text message you're sending me and maybe talk like a normal adult. I don't even care if you have to leave out the correct punctuation because I know you're way too slow in the head to figure that out.

Just maybe use some basic 4th or 5th grade English lessons and apply them to IMDB. That or sit the potato chips down while you type.

kthx!

a normal adult? are you an adult sitting here discussing a 14 year old girl's wieght!? you are pathetic lowlife. I rather write like a 4 year old retard, than be an old pedophile spending my time looking at little girls on disney channel. gross. you make me wanna barff! yuck :(

a normal adult? are you an adult sitting here discussing a 14 year old girl's wieght!? you are pathetic lowlife. I rather write like a 4 year old retard, than be an old pedophile spending my time looking at little girls on disney channel. gross. you make me wanna barff! yuck :(

I wasn't aware Weed's was on the Disney channel? Last I knew it was on Showtime and rated M which is probably why you don't know *beep* since your mommy won't let you watch Showtime due to the movies with graphic violence and nudity :(!

The thing is, I wasn't discussing her weight. You were/are. I was simply pointing out how obvious it is that you're overweight yourself by the comments you've made.

I rather write like a 4 year old retard

Well you do that quite well so keep it up. Thanks for proving my point.

Too bad IMDB doesn't have the old verification to register to post on the forums it used to have. To weed out little kids with ADD like yourself.