Kung Fury : What's with all of the undeserved praise?

What's with all of the undeserved praise?

It's ripping of every 80's parody known to man. It tries to be "edgy" and "cool" with a talking T-Rex and stuff. Ridicolous! It's ripping of TMNT by Triceracop. It's so cluttered and a mess that it's not even funny. And yet people praise it like it were Jesus. Even said it has better effects than Jurassic Park which is hilariously retarded to say.

So i can put any *beep* i want and people will like it? It's brainwashing 101. It proves you can throw anything on the screen just like Transformers and people will eat it.

"Well, you didn't grow up seeing 80's movies" Bitch please! I've seen movies from the 80's and loved them. Even stupid fun movies. But this was just so unfunny. There's much way better movies that parody the 80's. This movie is only for those who think 80's were. Also why this movie doesn't work is because everything's done on purpose and kills the joy if it being so bad it's good.

Sick to death by hearing "It's the greatest thing in my life". Yeah, because when something new and fresh comes out they will say the same about that. People are hypocrites.

Re: What's with all of the undeserved praise?

Totally agree; teenage boys in their bedrooms scrawled the script instead of doing their homework.

I agree, it was a little funny at first, but it might be the worst movie I have ever seen. Probably the worst 30 minute movie I have ever seen in my life, be thankful they couldn't get enough money to make it into a "feature film". Horrible.

Yes, the movie is trying to be so bad that it's good. and it doesn't work throughout. If the movie had confidence in itself, it would be better.
But it completely lacks of confidence if that makes any sense.

First and foremost they should get a better script!

No, its so bad that its bad. 4/10 and that being generous, since it was mildly funny. Other then that, one of the worst films I have ever seen.

.I can't help you.

11/10

THIS!

Maybe it's just you who don't like fun. This movie changed my life.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Changed your life? lol. Fcking loser.

Only a Fcking loser would say such a thing.

kung fury

80s is by far my favorite decade for movies. Love them with a passion. Heard about this last night and decided to watch it. Definitely worth the watch but the humor wasn't anything special. I liked the look and story more than the lame jokes throughout. If they could have somehow made this a bit less over the top I would have geeked pretty hard for it, but at the same time it is good the way it is. FAR from the best thing ever made. Reminded me of TMNT a bit in a good way.

Music was also very good. This felt sort of like a mix of Knightrider, Masters of the Universe Cartoon, and Coscerllies Phantasm movies. As well as a hint or Bruce Campbell in the main character. Fun thirty minutes for sure

I love it for everything you've pointed out.

How in the world did this come as a surprise to you after having seen the trailer?

Brainwashing?! LOL!! What did the film intend to promote? If you didn't find it funny, that's fine, comedy is extremely subjective.

And you know as well as I do when people say "best I've ever seen" and other extremes, they're exaggerating.

So calm down and watch what doesn't get you in a rage.

We've met before, haven't we?

@Vatteanda I have nothing against people like it. What i do have against is the instant worshippers. Call us stupid or something for not liking this movie. They hate freedom of speech towards this movie.

What in the world are you preaching?

I have nothing against people like it.
Sounds like you do but I'll take this word for it

They hate freedom of speech towards this movie.
Who's they? And what tells you they hate freedom of speech? Because people have something to tell you when you say it's not as good as people make it out to be? You're definitely entitled to your opinion, just like the ones who "worship" it are. So respect their choice, and perhaps people will respect yours (if in the future it's calm, well stated and doesn't speak of brainwashing).

We've met before, haven't we?

@Vatteanda Then you clearly don't know about fanboys.

Jesus Christ, you sure seem quite upset just because people like something you don't. Some people did find it funny and there's nothing wrong with that.
Nobody likes pushy fanboys, nor the ranting 'haters'.

It's brainwashing 101. It proves you can throw anything on the screen just like Transformers and people will eat it.
[]
People are hypocrites.

People have a different opinion to you. Why do you take it so personally? Get over it.

I was looking forward to this because of the positive reaction and the fact that I'm a fan of the movies/games this parodied but what a mess. The beginning few minutes had me entertained but once it got time to get into the storyline it fell apart. It seemed like they were attempting to make up for lackluster writing with pop culture references. This should've been a music video or remained a trailer.

OP is a homosex and not good. I pray to God that Kung Fury kills OP with a fatal kick of death.

@CommissarHolt I hope to god you get skinned and eaten alive for that stupidity.

It's much better than American trash big budget hollywood movies like san andreas or interstellar.

The movie is clearly meant to be over the top (Which it was) and insane (Which it was). It's obviously a parody of the 80's so no *beep* it's going to seem like other 80's parody's, everyone's made those jokes. What makes this a little more impressive/fan-boy worthy is that this is a first time director making a film on kickstarter that appeals to that "So bad it's good" mentality it's Sharknado 2 except with Kung Fu. I get you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it's not worthy of praise because considering the budget and the relative scale of the production, they got a lot done.

OP is an idiot.

Coming from a guy who rated 5 armies a 10 I will take your opinion with a grain of salt lol

you said it, it's like one of those 'Epic Movie (2007)' style sht film where everything is a stupid joke. i'm currently at 20 minutes in and pondering if i can watch the rest.

I guess I expected too much from this short, if it had been just another youtube clip i could have given a 7/10, but this was overrated kickstarter "miracle"
was the bad acting on purpose?

Post deleted

Post deleted

It proves you can throw anything on the screen just like Transformers and people will eat it.

you said it and still you ask why?

well thats why lol

Collection
http://www.imdb.com/list/4zXrE3AAzT4/

Couldn't agree more. It's a tired, lame, forced meme of "Weren't the 80s KuuuuuurrrrrAAAAZZZYYY!" jokes that have ALL been done, and done to death. And the only actual praise anybody can give it is "Hurpdurp, itz liek deh 80z!"

If these people really were so into their precious decade, they'd know this "film" is nothing but a one-dimensional, OTT facsimile of the most shallow things to poke fun at. The Powerglove joke? Hackers? Taking down Hitler? Come on!! How tired are these things! Give it a rest!

Agreed. I didn't laugh once. Cringed a few times. Groaned once or twice.

I did sorta like the reference to MASK during the animated sequence. I guess. And the fact that the Laser Unicorns logo looked almost exactly the the Unicorn Video logo Although that might just be coincidence. Which would be a shame Spoofing the 80s and only accidentally spoofing one of the best VHS companies of the decade. The Hitler stuff was extremely tiresome though.

A lot of strange things happen in this world. Things you don't know about in Grand Rapids.

Millennials have bad tastethat's why it's getting all this praise.

Emojis= Emoticons=