Devious Maids : Recycled story lines from Desperate Housewives

Recycled story lines from Desperate Housewives

1. Rosie upset over her boss spanking her child (Lynette upset over Bree spanking hers)
2. Evelyn's husband having an affair and S&M fetish (Bree's husband Rex doing the same thing)
3. Carmen surprised by a lesbian kiss (Susan being kissed by the lady school teacher)

Come on Marc Cherry! Be original, lol.
Anyone else noticed this?

Who gonna check me boo?!

Re: Recycled story lines from Desperate Housewives

I never watched DH so I'll leave the checking to someone else. G'day.

Come on Marc Cherry! Be original, lol.

Desperate Housewives had so many episodes with so many stories, it's hard to be original. Marc Cherry has step down as a show runner btw so I doubt everything was his idea.

Yea I was watchin desperate housewives this week because nothing was on the first two seasons is based on this season of dm..lets not forget Gaby and Carlos hired an Asian maid and now this season Genevieve and her boyfriend has an Asian maid to help out zoila..

Not really I mean the similarities they are talking about are very specific and not the normal similarities between certain shows like woman has affair with married man or love triangle between two friends and a guy.

"I'd rather lose for what I am than win for what I ain't"

Kacey Musgraves "Pageant Material"

I never watched DH so I'll leave the checking to someone else. G'day.

What a great post that really added to the discussion!

Who gonna check me boo?!

Didn't watch DH, but this show handles these moments with such aplomb and good acting that it really doesn't matter if they are recycled storylines. In particular, Adrian's S&M fetish is a hoot of a storyline played hilariously by Tom Irwin. And that lesbian kiss really shakes things up now for Carmen to have an amped up storyline, which I'm all in for since she's become my favorite maid.

"aplomb"?

Bravo!

Sonny: Is there a country you'd like to go to?
Sal: Wyoming.

I know, right? That lesbian kiss scene really annoyed me, it was totally copypasted from DH. Not just the situation but even some lines were exactly like the ones that Susan and Gaby had. I still love Devious Maids, though.

I know, right? That lesbian kiss scene really annoyed me, it was totally copypasted from DH. Not just the situation but even some lines were exactly like the ones that Susan and Gaby had. I still love Devious Maids, though.

This! I feel the same way, I love this show so much I don't mind giving it a free pass.

Who gonna check me boo?!

Another one! Olivia milking fake cancer to get a table at a booked up restaurant (Lynette milking her son's fake cancer to get her kids into a booked up daycare center.)

Who gonna check me boo?!

Olivia doing anything to get her ex back. The same as she did in season 3 of Desperate Housewives where she did anything 2 get Orson back and it's the same actress. She was brought back 4 comic relief but I hope she isn't type vast 4 ever.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

The ashes replaced with vacuum dust. Someone did this in DH (Bree maybe?)

Post deleted

In that case their all recycled from daytime TV.

Bree with Orson in a wheelchair (wanting to dump him but feeling guilty over it) and Evelyn with Adrian.

Don't forget Genevieve having kidney failure and needing dialysis! Just like Susan did in DH