Enn Reitel : Should have been bigger!

Should have been bigger!

I was watching Millionaire and there was a question about "Lucky Jim", which got me thinking about "The Further Adventures Of Lucky Jim" and then "The Optimist" which was one of the first shows on Channel 4 and typically innovative. I remember when Enn moved to spitting image and (much like Kate Robbins) seemed to fall off the edge of the real acting world.

I'd like to think that some day Enn might google his name and see that I think his Channel 4 show was the best thing they showed for years. It was up there with many of the silent greats for me.

Re: Should have been bigger!

i agree.
very talented and versatile, never achieving his full promise.

listen dear, they are playing our tune.

He used to be a regular acting but now seems to be doing just voice work.

Its that man again!!

Financially I'm sure he has done well, in fact I remember reading about 15-20 years ago that Enn Reitel was one of Britain's highest paid actors despite his low profile. This was due to him being called on to imitate celebrities voices in commercials etc - voice over work is very lucrative.

Of course he was once seriously considered for the role of Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses. He would had been very big if he made that show a big success as David Jason managed.

Its that man again!!