Suzanne Pleshette : Emily Hartley = role model

Emily Hartley = role model

The Emily character was a role model for me. I never had the "I want to be a mother" gene.

Emily Hartley made it OK to be a wife, without being a mother.

RIP Suzanne

Re: Emily Hartley = role model

Good point! Motherhood isn't for everyone. Nothing to be ashamed of, and yes Emily depicted that very well.

Good points because Suzanne and Bob are pretty smart not to be cast along with some annoying and whining and naughty loud child stars.

They make the show stand up to the test of time because the adults like the receptionist and the orthodontist supply plenty of annoying and whining and naughty loud moments without the need for kiddies to step in.

She also does not lose her figure that way, and even if you like children, it is nice to see shows without annoying little ones who cannot act, but the1354ir stage mothers boast about them anyway, while nobody gets to jab Emily and Bob as clueless parents, as they invariably do on shows with irritating tykes!

^^ ~~ ^^

Weirdly, I have the mom gene in droves but Emily was a role model for me too. I just loved her and her marriage to Bob. She was a strong woman without ever being a ball-breaker. Just a smart, funny, loving, lovely woman. She really was 'all that'.

I still miss Suzanne Pleshette so much.

Yes, a role model, except for the inability to quit smoking at an early enough age kids..!