Politics : Music sales skyrocket after singer dons pro-Trump dress to Grammys

Music sales skyrocket after singer dons pro-Trump dress to Grammys

Joy Villa's music sales skyrocketed after the singer wore a pro-Trump dress at Sunday night's 59th annual Grammy Awards. When she arrived at the Grammys, Villa flung off a white frock to reveal a gown of patriotic red, white and blue that urged "Make America Great Again" and had "Trump" in sparkly letters on the back hem.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/02/13/singer-joy-villa-wears-trump-dress-to-grammys.html

An African American woman openly supporting Trump gets handsomely rewarded. The media must be hating this.

-
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

- George Bernard Shaw

Re: Music sales skyrocket after singer dons pro-Trump dress to Grammys

Who is this person??? I've never heard of her.

http://media.ifunny.com/results/2015/11/10/4cj4ciw3up.jpg

That's because you're too busy trolling message boards with lame comments than to know what is actually going on in the world!

Tell me moron, did you listen to any of her music before this or honestly heard of her before this???

I don't listen to the radio as much today, but I remember Vagabonds getting some decent playtime.

No reason to get TRIGGERED because you've been called out as an uninformed troll. Try doing a little prep work next time, and you might be more believable.

stupid monkey.

You Should Have Voted Sanders But Have A Hug Anyway.

stupid monkey.

stupid monkey.

Idiots like him would listen to Bieber if he supported Trump.

McCain wasn't a soldier. - kinch "dopey" Telemachus

Soon, none of us will have to ignore Klein_Returns any longer.

Singer's Sales Skyrocket after Grammy Appearance

STOP THE PRESSES !!!

Reap what you sow

but how? Trump voters are racists, so how can racists want to buy music from black people?

/sarcasm

"the absence of evidence is the actual evidence." Tcob44

Like Stacey Dash cons/Dumb Donald's minions and supporters will pretend to support them if itis to their advantage or for appearances and them dump them after their usefulness is over. this person is no different.

Great claim. Prove it.

Yeah, like an African American woman can't be informed enough to support Trump.

-

- George Bernard Shaw

Of course they can't. Clearly, any non-white person who supports trump is a race traitor not some who thinks for themselves and makes their own choices

As a classical liberal, I hate how the left has become so racist. Everything is about skin color to them now.

As soon as an African American supports Trump, they're called a bunch of racist names like "coon" and the left/media doesn't call them out on it. It couldn't possibly because Trump offers policies that help minorities, that'd just be impossible!

But as soon as your skin color is white and you say racist things, it's headline news.

The racial double standard is sickening and needs to be abolished, just like all racism does.

-

- George Bernard Shaw

Totally agree. I considered myself to be an originalist, or classic liberal too that people keep trying to suppress anyone who doesn't agree with them, while acting like they aren't fascists, is just ridiculous

What happened to Dash on Fox News??? That proves my point.

You're making a lot of assumptions about people you don't even know. About people you're not even informed about.

As a matter of fact, Dash got fired for saying things Fox didn't want said on air and continued to defend Trump after that.

http://conservativetribune.com/stacey-dash-on-trump-ban-intel/

-

- George Bernard Shaw

"What happened to Dash on Fox News??? That proves my point."

No it doesn't. You have yet to prove any claims of people pretending anything but feel free to try again.

Did you read the comments below the story? Hilarious, reminds me of when the left called for a ban on Chick Filet for a day and Cick Filet had record sales that day. I bet they still think the MSM is reporting news accurately.

Yep, that was hilarious when they called for everyone to ban Chick Fil A. Knowing those angry leftists, I'm amazed that they didn't declare their Sunday ban to be a massive success!!

Yeah, it's real funny how Chick Fil A had a brief sales spike, then their sales fell lower than they were before, and they stopped supporting those anti-gay and anti-family charities that had everyone so mad. Lol, ha ha, stupid leftists with their actually working boycott.

Wait, what's your point?

Link? Because I only found these. But they seem to be the exact opposite of what you were saying

http://www.nrn.com/us-top-100/2016-top-100-why-chick-fil-no-5-fastest-growing-chain

https://www.google.com/amp/www.eater.com/platform/amp/2016/5/11/11658438/chick-fil-a-service-sales?client=ms-android-att-us

So, what was your point?
I got new boots. Black, steel toe. Very dark, mature boots. All other boots are kiddie

Yeah, they're growing in 2016, the boycott was 4 years ago. I can't find anything right now on the sales dip, but I know the huge numbers obviously didn't last, and they stopped supporting the anti-gay and anti-family groups in pretty short order. If they were a good profit option, they wouldn't have done that.

I think you misread or misunderstood (deliberately) the impact of the "boycott" on Chick-fil-A. Seems that "boycott" only gave them more attention.

Chick-Fil-A Sales Soar In 2012 Despite Bad PR

In the latest sign that all press is good press, Leon Stafford of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Chick-fil-As sales soared 12 percent, to $4.6 billion, in 2012. The good fortune follows several years of impressive expansion and strong sales, which have pushed the privately-held companys valuation north of $4.5 billion, making billionaires out of its founders.

Chick-fil-A caught a great deal of flak throughout the year after its president Dan Cathy came out against gay marriage and in support of the biblical definition of the family unit. Gay rights activists staged protests at locations around the country, and some even called for a boycott of the brand.

But if the uproar dampened enthusiasm for the brand among pro-gay rights consumers, it also inspired vigorous backlash from some conservative (and politically apathetic but poultry-loving) customers. Soon after the height of the controversy, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee dubbed (via a Facebook posting) August 1 Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, leading to record sales throughout the chain.

These latest sales data are just further proof that all that negative coverage didnt hurt demand for chicken sandwiches among Chick-fil-As core consumers.

Strong sales look likely to continue for some time. The company opened 96 new outposts in 2012, after opening 92 in 2011, so more and more of the country now has access to the food. Plus, Chick-fil-A has backed down from its opposition to gay marriage Cathy has even apparently become friendly with a top LGBT rights activist. So it may only be a matter of time before pro-gay consumers become as enthusiastic as the rest of the country.

CORRECTION:: This article has been amended to reflect that Huckabee, not Chick-fil-A, instigated the Appreciation Day event.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/chick-fil-a-sales-2012_n_2590612.html

Feministas praising Sharia law are like Jews praising Nazism.

Eh. I may have been misinformed about the sales dip, but the point is, the boycott worked. Chick-fil-A no longer supports anti-gay and anti-family organizations, it's clear they saw that their business interests were better served by not doing so. If they did that while sales were steadily increasing, it only strengthens the point. No business has ever stopped supporting gays because of a conservative boycott.

You're not misinformed.

You're as stupid now as you were then.

Congrats!

Eh. I may have been misinformed about the sales dip, but the point is, the boycott worked. Chick-fil-A no longer supports anti-gay and anti-family organizations
Um Chick Fil A always allowed gays to dine at their restaurants. It was never an issue.

And their sales did increase. So the "boycott" had the exact opposite effect of what a boycott is supposed to do.

Um Chick Fil A always allowed gays to dine at their restaurants. It was never an issue.

Um I never said it was an issue, nor did anyone who was boycotting them. The issue, as I said in that bit you quoted up there, was their financial support of anti-gay and anti-family organizations.

And their sales did increase. So the "boycott" had the exact opposite effect of what a boycott is supposed to do.

No, it had the exact effect of what a boycott is supposed to do, which is to change policy.

There were two groups involved here.

Group A said "We are unhappy that Chick-fil-A gives money to these organizations, and we will not eat there until they stop."

Group B said "We are happy that Chick-fil-A gives money to these organizations, and therefore we will eat there more often."

Chick-fil-A responded by stopping donations to the organizations in question.

So which group got what they wanted?

Good for her, she accurately predicted how reactionary Trump supporters are.

"Whether homosexuality causes less harm (than slavery) is debatable" - Hada

As if an African American woman can't be informed enough to be a Trump supporter

-

- George Bernard Shaw

Bit of an odd contradiction there. Someone who is informed wouldn't be a Trump supporter.

You're right, as long as you're an oligarch or ultra-rich corporate beneficiary who would like to exploit the rights and wealth of the mid and lower classes for your own gain.

-

- George Bernard Shaw

She's number one on Amazon.com over anti Trumpers like Beyonce, and Katy Perry. This is an approval rating that's not being faked.

Donald Trump for President 2016

Never heard of her, but good for her!

I bet lefty micro-brains were a-poppin'!

So con Trumpettes use political affiliation to judge talent?

Of course they do!

Once a celeb reveals their liberal side, cons throw a tantrum

===

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Case in point: http://imgur.com/Siq1BZI

McCain wasn't a soldier. - kinch "dopey" Telemachus

"I stand as a proud American and I stand for a unified America that is tolerant of each other no matter who we voted for. I stand behind our President because that's the American thing to do. I believe in love, above all."

I guess she didn't vote for him after all.

Trump lies:
Mexico is going to pay for the wall.
I can stop federal funds.

I'd say well played to her, only I question the ethics of manipulating people as credulous as Trump supporters.

Still, since they're responsible for this global embarrassment, perhaps they're not worth the sympathy.

I know words. I have the best words - Donald J Trump, POTUS

You're right, no African American woman could possibly be an actual Trump supporter. That would just be impossible. All African American women think the same, and all African American women hate Trump.

Therefore, she obviously has to be trying to exploit people.

It just isn't possible that an African American woman could be intelligent enough to be a Trump supporter. It's just not within the realm of possibility. She's obviously just a "coon" like the media told me to think.

[/sarcasm]

You racists sicken me. People have political preferences you know. They don't have political preferences because they have a certain skin color, they have political preferences because they are free to have their own opinions. It doesn't matter if a woman is of Afican American, Asian, Indian, or European heritage. She has the same right to her own opinions as everyone else. Get used to it. Stop berating her for having her own opinions. Stop acting like she can't possibly have her own politial opinions because her skin color is different than what you're used to.

-

- George Bernard Shaw

What a weirdo.

It has never happened before, I guess, that sales went up after the Grammys.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ominous-story-of-syria-climate-refugees/

According to Nielsen Music, based on initial sales reports, the album sold 2,000 copies on Sunday in the U.S. up from a negligible figure the day previous.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7686492/joy-villa-trump-dress-make-america-great-again-sales-bump-grammys

Girl got paid, I guess.

But I checked out a few of her songs and her music is pretty wack. At least her publicity stunt got her 5 minutes of fame, I suppose. Her music definitely wasn't going to do that.

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member

I saw her cover of We Are The Champions on youtube.

So because mr_self doesn't like an African American woman Trump supporter's music, she must be trying to get paid. She couldn't possibly be smart enough to be a Trump supporter. That would just be impossible.

-

- George Bernard Shaw