Politics : The entertainment industry HATES you…

The entertainment industry HATES you…

The popular culture in general thinks you're deplorable

If they know you're coming they'll boycott youas they're boycotting Trump.

Why the *beep* are you watching their tv/movies, listening to their music, reading their work?

I sure don't have any albums from that one singer guy with the ten gallon hat who likes to swear in clanerr Republican rallies.

Fact: Less than 20% of the total eligible voters voted for Trump.

Fact: He also lost the popular vote.

Fact: Non eligible voters (kids, not illegals) tend to overwhelmingly go against Republican views as directed by, well popular culture. Maybe they get the goths and the vampires and other groups that are *beep* in the head.

The rest (~17% of the population who voted Trump) are just angry racist old men clinging to power and the people they brainwashed in rallies.

Re: The entertainment industry HATES you…

You all were brainwashed for hilary, genius.

You clearly wasn't since she'd likely want to plant the right way to spell her name before anything else.

Why the *beep* are you watching their tv/movies, listening to their music, reading their work?

Or watching their award shows, quoting articles that mention themect. Conservatives hate the Hollywood elite, but they sure like to watch their stuff and make them richer.

They don't HATE you- They OWN you! Hillary didn't lose- there was NO ELECTION!

You argue over things and passions your idiot idols/ masters and mistresses stir in you. You can't fight back when you're too stupid to see the truth.
Now back in class again Sweet Little 16 00!

Complete lies! There was an election

In the words of Trump, "WRONNNGG! WRONNNGGG!"????

*With her alive-nostrils once snaggle front-tooth crossing the other and wear bangs -InherentlyYours

Hollywood elite

You mean studio executives, producers, financial investors. Most of them don't let their politics dictate their business decisions. Thats assuming most of them are democrats.

So actors and musicians are "liberals". Hate to break this to people but actors don't run Hollywood and musicians don't run the music industry.

Not a good idea to admit you're illegally downloading just because you're a republican. You're still enjoying their work.

Hate 'em back.
Works for me.

Fascists decide that you are a criminal, then they find the crime

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

You guys are nothings. Why should they care?

You'd give money to people you hate, when you don't absolutely have to?

Re: The entertainment industry HATES youby WellHung » 1 day ago (Sat Jan 14 2017 07:56:24)
IMDb member since March 2006
You'd give money to people you hate, when you don't absolutely have to?

See, I understand people in this country have a right to their opinion.
The First Amendment says so.

So I can watch Jon Voight or Vince Vaughn in something & accept I completely disagree with their politics, but enjoy the show.

I don't have to know the person who made my food at Denny's yesterday is a Democrat to accept he was competent to make my pancakes properly.

All that matters is they respect their jobs enough to do their best for whoever the paying customer may be.

Nope. They hate your guts, they hate what you stand for and your family for bringing you as *beep* up as you are.

That alone would make any sane person with even an ounce of self respect to stop wanting to have anything to do with them.

If you go to the kitchen, tell you're a Trump supporter specifically, don't be surprised if your food comes with some extra surprises.

Hate 'em back.
Works for me.
You're not even going to give Riggs credit on that one???

C'mon merh! You can't leave the desk like that.

Re: The entertainment industry HATES youby Final_Hitokiri » 1 day ago (Sat Jan 14 2017 08:17:50)
IMDb member since June 2000
Hate 'em back.
Works for me.
You're not even going to give Riggs credit on that one???

C'mon merh! You can't leave the desk like that

I was waiting for everyone to recognize it.
It's slightly disappointing they didnt.

It's like "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya"
Everyone should know it.

I've run into student workers at my job who totally miss movie refs & when I question them, they say they've never seen Ghostbusters or Princess Bride.

I was waiting for everyone to recognize it.
To be fair, the more quotable lines were in the sequels when Riggs went from being moody to loony.

As for Inigo Montoya, that's a shock. Even if you haven't seen the movie, the meme for that (and his "You keep on using that word") lines are pretty common.

Think they'll remake that movie and turn it into a franchise? That seems to be the trend these days. The Dread Pirate Roberts Chronicles!

They should quit making movies and music.

They're aholes.

Others will take their places.

Formerly Rippling_River - Bio Link: Adina_IMDb-March-2006

I hate it to break it to you. Your side has no talent to speak of. Your side are mostly white old farts who spends their days reminiscing about the good ol' days when women can't vote and there were an abundance of free labor.

sure don't have any albums from that one singer guy with the ten gallon hat who likes to swear in clanerr Republican rallies.

who is that, btw?

Thus the question.

Are you a bit thick?

Talent has nothing to do with political affiliation.

I'm one of the most left-wing people in the world, and I'm, alas, a talentless mediocrity. Clint Eastwood, a famous Hollywood conservative, has more talent in his jowls than I do in my entire body.

Where have you been, Eastwood is a laughing stock.

He never did a second take because he's too old and needs his nap.

Million Dollar Baby, Letters from Iwo Jima, Flags of Our Fathers, and Unforgiven are masterpieces.

They're crap. See it's all subjective. And pretty sure Eastwood was just the 'face' of those flicks. The real work was done by Trump haters.

You're a clueless troll.

Clint Eastwood directed those films, you fool. And he didn't even appear in two of them.

Eastwood is overrated. He should just direct musical chairsHAH!

What a douchebag response.

It was a difference of opinions, there's no right or wrong.

Your side are mostly white old farts who spends their days reminiscing about the good ol' days when women can't vote
Must be ESPECIALLY old, considering women were given the right to vote in 1920 - 97 years ago!

Interestingly, in this "racist" country, black men were given the right to vote 50 years before white women could vote.

There're such thing passed down racism. I'm sure your dad has sold you on those simpler time when there were less boundaries for the white men.

I'm sure you're a racist from the bw picture you're using.

These republicans have no sense of shame, I guess it helps to compartmentalize when an overwhelming majority of the country hates your guts.

"Oo, Trump!"

and then

"Oo, Rogue One! Even if the makers are anti trump and I want to boycott it, I still have to see it because I have no self respect"

what percentage of same voted for Clinton?

I understand Republicans aren't big on science but you need basic math to live.

WTF!!! Provide a link for that, please.

It was actually 27.1% of eligible voters who voted for him. Still, the real number is a lot closer to 20% than it is to your (also unsourced) claims of him being "trusted by the conservative majority of Americans" (whatever the hell that even means) and that "Most Americans voted for Trump", now isn't it? He was a bit low, but you were waaaay high. You're just one liar criticizing another slightly less dishonest one, so take your indignation and shove it.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/eligible-voter-turnout-for-2016-data-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-republican-democrat-popular-vote-registered-results/
http://www.electproject.org/2016g
http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/index.html

Your own BS claims, in case anyone wants to see:
http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000082/nest/264864373?d=265072367#265072367
http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000082/nest/265043133?d=265072523#265072523

I am one with the Force; the Force is with me.

The population grows every year, more people are born than people dying. Never mind the low votees Trump got, the turnout is much lower compared to Obama.

So Hillary Clinton went from "winning" by 3 million [illegal aliens in California] to winning by like 100 million when DEMOCRATS can't even stand her? My God you guys are pathetic. She lost. Not just her mind.

The fact that you just stated that illegal aliens assertion as fact despite the complete lack of evidence supporting it shows how much weight we should give to anything you say. Besides, all I did was post the official totals, so if you have a problem with them then take it up with the people who compiled them. I don't have time for conspiracy theorists who dismiss out of hand anything that disagrees with them (no matter how credible, sourced or researched) as "fake news".

I am one with the Force; the Force is with me.

I should give a crap what the entertainment industry thinks of me?

If you have any self respect, you would care.

If you have any self respect, you would care.

No, it's more like you have self respect if you don't care what Hollywood thinks. When I buy a movie ticket or a music album/pay for Netflix, I'm paying them for a service. The service is entertainment. It's no different than when I pay the pizza guy or tip my waitress. Why should their personal feelings about my political beliefs make a difference to me?

I dont mind living in a mans world as long as I can be a woman in it.-Marilyn

Don't delude yourself. Everything revolves around politics, people points of view. The pizza guy would definitely spit on your pizza if he knew you elected a sex predator, bigot, racists, etc. in office.

I'm going to the movies today. My opinion will be about how the actors performed in the film, not their politics. If they are American, they have every right to their opinion and vote like I do. Do I care if they don't like me? No, why would I? I don't know these people. Do I care if they like Donald Trump? No to that as well. Again, I'm going to see their work, not get a political science lecture.

Then maybe they should shut up instead of assuming any of us care what they think.

And before anyone attacks me for trying to silence free speech, I'm not. I just don't see why they consider their publicly-expressed opinions to be more worthy than our own.

As a true lefty, I also take offence when wealthy, privileged, hedonistic celebs assume virtue. These people are anathema to any type of virtue, especially left-wing virtue

Then maybe they should shut up instead of assuming any of us care what they think.
I agree with Harvey on the subject matter. They aren't famous because of their political insight, yet they use their fame in the wrong type of venues or platforms to subject others to their beliefs.

I watch the Golden Globes because I like tv and film, and when someone is honored for their life's achievements in such a manner, I'd appreciate them discussing their journey and what their life achievements actually are. Not some type of political nonsense.

Yeah, I agree it's annoying. It's the same thing when someone you work with is constantly spouting off their political opinions. I think Hollywood mistakenly took credit for Obama's won in 08. They seem to be under the impression the rest of us care about them more than they do.

My opinion will be about how the actors performed in the film, not their politics.
Just curious, are you going to see a movie about a bunch of poorly equipped independent freedom fighters who attempt to take down a dark, fascist regime that controls multiple nations through fear and ill repute?

A roguish war of some sorts?