Cyndi Lauper : New Show - What Do You Think?

New Show - What Do You Think?

Frankly, I'm deeply disappointed. I have been watching commercials for her upcoming show on WE for months now, and at first I was really excited for it. However, in the last couple of days, they've been airing sequences from the show, and it's not at all what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be a talk show with her as the interviewer. Instead, it's just another stupid reality show. Gee, just what this country needs...

So, I've decided that I'm not going to watch it since this is what it's going to be.

I b68 wish her all the luck in the world, because I adore her, but I just don't watch "reality" shows. I can't stand them in any capacity.

Re: New Show - What Do You Think?

I'll agree we don't need another reality show, but I think I'll give it a shot anyway.

Never watched this type of reality show though. What similar ones are out there?

Oh, there's quite a few. I don't remember the names of them though, because I don't watch them. I HATE reality shows. Well, most of them. The exceptions for me are, Top Chef, Kitchen Nightmares, and Hell's Kitchen. Oh, and Flipping Out. Jeff Lewis is hilarious and nuts.

But Cyndi's reality show just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Like I said though, good luck to her.

I hate reality shows too. I was disappointed to hear Cyndi would be doing one, because they always turn out the same (fake). But I'll give it a try since it's Cyndi and it might be entertaining anyway. But reality shows are never real and it bugs me that there are SO many on tv simply because they are cheap to produce. Nobody cares about good productions anymore.

cats.gifAnything I could have said I felt somehow that you already knew

That's very true, Sparklestar84. I will admit to watching Flipping Out, and Dance Moms, but that's about it for reality shows for me.

One really good (non-reality) show is Downton Abbey. It's just begun its third season. Very good show.

I was planning to tune in to Cyndi's show, but the more commercials I see, the less I desire to watch it, so I will not be tuning in after all. And the in-show advertisements are getting really obnoxious. I'm sorry, but it is just not necessary for WE to cut the screen literally in half while a show is on, just to do a "blurb" for Cyndi. I thought the little "info blurb" in the bottom corner of the screen for shows was bad, but this has been over the top!

First of all, what made you think it was a talk show? That mistake's on you. It is as advertised. I loved it. My oldest sister and I bonded over Cyndi's music and I have admired her forever. She seems so normal on the show. I know some of it is staged but most seemed authentic.

Love me some Cyndi!! And I have a huge crush on her hubby.

I saw her show last night and thought it was very entertaining. Anything with Cyndi is fine by me.

Because very early on before they showed any snippets of the show's content, they simply advertised her new show. Meaning, it could have been ANYTHING. I thought and hoped it would be a talk show.

No need to be snotty.

Her husband seems very unhappy, Her son is unhappy and has a big fat mouth as well as he treats her and her husband badly. She seems unhappy too. It's NOT fun to watch.

It's a reality show; therefore little about it is real. I like Cyndi Lauper but these shows are all alike and I wasn't going to watch until I found out who her husband is. David Thorton is a great actor.

I've seen part of some of the episodes from the marathon they just ran. I think much of it was overdramatized, even for a reality show.

They portray her husband as Mr. Mom and that's not true. He has a career. Also, if there had been a stay at home parent, their kid wouldn't be a nightmare. In the Kentucky Derby episode, he wants to drink and she says they will give him a beer at 16. In another episode where they are really hyping her husband as Mr. Mom, the kid defies his father after he says don't make a prank phone call, then says he's going to do it again. Any 14 year old kid I know who has an IPhone would have it yanked away in a heartbeat.

That kid is nasty, mean and rude, and that's with the cameras on. I can only imagine how awful he is when the cameras are turned off.

Or what if he's really a nice kid who is acting up because they're telling him to. I mean, really... if the kid often made crank calls, wouldn't he have come up with something better than, "Do you have chicken?"

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Georgina: Are we safe here?
Michael: Does Albert read?

That's true; one thing about reality shows is nothing is real. The kid may be hamming it up for the cameras. But Cyndi Lauper did say she was going to let him drink at 16 and give him a party. So, if she did that just for the cameras, she must have been going for the worst parent award - but she does have lots of reality show competition.

If you think letting your son have a beer at 16 qualifies you for worst parent award, I can only imagine what a sheltered life you must lead.

Well, seeing as they appear to have replaced it with an even worse program, I guess it's safe to say that WE tired of the program and cancelled it.

Wrong. That was the planned end of the first season. Cyndi will be back.

No signature required

Yes, I think planning a party where you are giving 16 year olds beer makes one a bad parent.

That's fine, but you said 'worst parent'.