Beyoncé : Madonna's Vogue is a rip-off…

Madonna's Vogue is a rip-off…

…of Malcolm McLaren's 1989 song Deep in Vogue.

Madonna fans are getting their panties in a twist on YouTube, claiming the songs sound nothing alike . They would waste no time calling Malcolm's song unoriginal if he had released his after Madonna's.

Reductive.

It reminds me of the time Madonna stole part of a Max Blagg poem without permission for her song Sky Fits Heaven. There was also the time Fairuz successfully sued Madonna for ripping off her work for the song Erotica.

Re: Madonna's Vogue is a rip-off…

I agree but then again Vogue is Madonna's most overrated song in my opinion and even Madonna was reluctant to release it as a single because she even thought it sounded like a B-side.

To think that song was made by the former manager of the Sex Pistols, a PUNK ROCK band.

Plus, this song mentioned "throwing shade" 3 decades before it was cool to say that.

Agree, it's so f-cking overrated, the video is better than the song, IMO is the 2nd most overrated pop song ever(1st is Single Ladies).

"I feel you, pretty baby, feel me
Turn it up hot, lovin' you is free"

Do you have nothing better to do than troll message b68boards you pathetic little loser?

And it's true, Vogue and this song sound nothing alike. At all. Subject matter is all they have in common, and even with that they have vastly different takes on it.

I've said it before when people bring up this song but nobody cared *beep* about it at the time (or now, aside from losers on the intetnet). Also, for all the crap Madonna gets about appropriation- in this situation and in general, McLaren was an exploitative bastard. He saw this as just another thing to take advantage of.

Mybe

Madonna also ripped off Guy Bourdin in her Hollywood video. His estate successfully sued her.

Patsy Clap and Miley Virus…..same person…