Beyoncé : Janet Jackson only has a career because of her brother

Janet Jackson only has a career because of her brother

It's true, she wouldn't have got anywhere near a record deal without family connections.

Re: Janet Jackson only has a career because of her brother

Not really, she owes more to Pri 16d0 nce than MJ. Look at the rest of the Jackson's careers.

If Janet didn't hook up with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis (who were brought to prominence thanks to their relationship with Prince), then Janet's career would have gone no where and we wouldn't have the flawless records they put out together in the 1980s/1990s.

Janet also co-produced and co-wrote most of her material with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. She has sole credit for the Black Cat lyrics (co-producing with Jellybean Johnson) and that was a #1 hit.

I love Black Cat! But it's only one song, she was only credited on 7 songs from that album.

No one is saying Janet wasn't a valuable part in those stellar records...but if we're being honest, we know who gave the least valuable contribution to the creative process out of the three of them!

It was still a contribution though. Most of their success has been with Janet so clearly they made a very good team. She has a credit on everything from janet. (another sole lyric writing credit for Whoops Now). I think it's fair to say that she's made a rather decent contribution. This isn't even including her excellent skills as an entertainer.

So why didn't La Toya and the rest have long careers?

If there's no Janet Jackson you can take out the choreographies from the performances/videos of Britney, Jlo and others.

Janet didn't do her own choreography.

Paula Abdul and Tina Landon did.

Janet didn't do her own choreography.

Paula Abdul and Tina Landon did.

This is false because they didn't choreograph, among others, Rythmn Nation or the Pleasure Principle, two dance numbers arguably more acclaimed than either any choreographed by Abdul or Landon.

So it's either she had a consistent style throughout her career or she collaborated with choreographers to create dance numbers or both. Either way, she and Michael Jackson laid the groundwork for what modern pop stars do in dance.

It's amusing that some tried to credit Madonna for "paving the way" or influence female dance acts when she didn't do anything new in dance when she came on the scene in the 1980s and essentially 0% of female dance acts, not 1%, but 0% of major female dance acts emulated what she did. I mean, Madonna's own work-her videography and performances-prove this point very thoroughly.

This is false because they didn't choreograph, among others, Rythmn Nation or the Pleasure Principle, two dance numbers arguably more acclaimed than either any choreographed by Abdul or Landon.

And...Janet didn't choreograph them either.

Paula Abdul has won awards for choreographing Janet's Nasty video as well as awards for her own.

Either way Janet wasn't coming up with any of those moves you claim were being emulated.

And like the OP stated...Janet wouldn't have even gotten a recording contract if not for Michael let alone have gotten to make a 3rd album after her first 2 albums bombed.

It's amusing that some tried to credit Madonna for "paving the way" or influence female dance acts when she didn't do anything new in dance when she came on the scene in the 1980s and essentially 0% of female dance acts, not 1%, but 0% of major female dance acts emulated what she did. I mean, Madonna's own work-her videography and performances-prove this point very thoroughly.

And yet far more women in music would name Madonna as an influence than would Janet.

Everyone is quite aware of the contempt Janet and her fans have for Madonna.

Either way Janet wasn't coming up with any of those moves you claim were being emulated.

Makes no difference. She had a consistent style throughout her career that was emulated by the modern female dance acts. Madonna hardly composed any of the music in her entire discography, but rather it was her collaborators who created music for her-or as one of the truly gifted female artists, Joni Mitchell, said: "hiring the right people."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2002/nov/21/artsfeatures.popandrock

And like the OP stated...Janet wouldn't have even gotten a recor 16d0 ding contract if not for Michael let alone have gotten to make a 3rd album after her first 2 albums bombed.

This still doesn't explain why Rebbie Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Latoya Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Randy Jackson did not have long and fruitful music careers like Janet Jackson.

NateParkerIsARapist, what made Janet so different?

And yet far more women in music would name Madonna as an influence than would Janet.

Nothing too wrong with that. After Cher paved the way for Madonna's career, Madonna became highly influential, more-so in pop culture/marketing than in music as Cher and Prince had long done what Madonna is typically credited for doing.

Just learn how to be specific in where Madonna was influential.

But according to these lists, Janet as likely been cited as an influence as much as Madonna has.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Madonna
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Janet_Jackson

Everyone is quite aware of the contempt Janet and her fans have for Madonna.

Madonna is one of the most influential female artists in music.

The delusion...I only got through about half of what you wrote before I decided not to even finish reading let alone refute it.

Keep pretending Janet is so great and did it all on her own if you must when the truth is obvious.

The delusion...I only got through about half of what you wrote before I decided not to even finish reading let alone refute it.

The fact that you couldn't give a coherent, educated response speaks volumes.

Keep pretending Janet is so great and did it all on her own if you must when the truth is obvious.

It's not about what I think. It's what some of the most talented artists and likely some of your favorite artists of the last couple of generations think.

The fact that you DIDN'T is why I WOULDN'T. You clearly live in your own little make believe world not reality so there isn't really a point debating with you.

No one on this board ever takes NateParker that seriously. He's just simply butthurt over artists that show a bit more talent than his fave Madonna ever wishes she has. Janet, Gaga, and Mariah, that's why he lowkeys obsesses over them and makes pointless invalid threads about them. He should just fess up and admit defeat.

Mrjacs pretty much wasn't so far off when he said that he would get dragged today..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461498/board/nest/265769048?d=265769048#265769048

https://media.giphy.com/media/bde9wzYKKO7EA/giphy.gif

The accuracy, though!

I agree that Janet's last name got her through the door but her talent and work ethic kept her in the room. THE END.

I agree that Janet's last name got her through the door but her talent and work ethic kept her in the room. THE END.

Exactly.

R.I.P. IMDB...

Kill yourself.

Then why haven't any of the other family members accomolished a 1/10th of what Janet has? Sit your ass down.

Shut the hell up. Janet is the queen of pop and you'll just have to deal.

You spelled Madonna incorrectly sis.

Madonna is the putrid swamp bitch of pop music.

Team Great Gatsby

Bye troll. Whose sock account are you?

Look, I am sorry Madonna looks, acts, smells, and sings like the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Team Great Gatsby

Bump