We're the Millers : Am I the only one who though this was a good movie?

Am I the only one who though this was a good movie?

Seriously what do peoole expect. It's a fun movie. I watched it with my dad sister and stephbrother. I laughed my ass off at some parts. People who rate this are too focused on the details and forget to enjoy the movie. There were good actor some really fun stuff and Jennifer Anniston in her underwear. What is there not to love? I'd rate it 7/10

Re: Am I the only one who though this was a good movie?

yes, you're the only one

Soooo I'm the chosen one? This is my life purpose?

Nope, like the movie as well, very much actually.
Interestingly enough, most people who dislike it or rate it lower than most others are a certain kind of Americans who suffer from that weird "swearing = deathly sin" indoctrination...

well. i liked it too, some nice snoopy jokes.. actions based on real conditions... AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does one "though" something?

Yeeahh typo I ment thought offcourse. I started this topic on my mobile and sometimes you accidently misstype a character

Hmmm ... you mean rather like 'meant', 'of course' and 'mistype'

Now that CGI is up to it will somebody PLEASE make a movie of Larry Niven's Ringworld

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I would have liked this movie if I was retarded and grew up on a farm but I didn't so I don't

I totally disagree with this opinion, but you earn serious brownie points for the In Bruges reference.

I wish I could up-vote this post.

Are you watching closely...?

I only had to see your qualification history just to understand you're only another troll wondering in the cyberspace. So, i'm just gonna ignore you.

You sophisticated intellectual....

I thought it was ok. It served it's purpose. I've seen funnier movies, but it was still quite enjoyable. It deserves the good rating (maybe not that high, though), so... I guess you're not alone.

I thought it was good too granted I have seen better comedies but this one was just what I expected.

Lose the Game!!!!!!!

This movie was extremely funny! Loved it!

same here and fun to see jennifer be so "badass" like the language etc.. she is so boring when she always plays the girls next door and cant even say poop.. but in this one she went full on =)

I think Jennifer was rather hot especially the strip tease scene.h

You're not alone ;D
I gave it 10/10, because I loved it - my type of humor definitely !

Nope, I thought it was great. it was a comedy that made me laugh. I didn't go into it expecting the next Citizen Kane, I went into it knowing what it was and they put in a lot of great bits that delivered the comedy.

seriously, compared to other "comedies" like The Starving Games, Disaster movie, or the 2 last "Hangovers" this is standing pretty tall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Batman vs. Superman, the "S" on Supermeh's chest now stands for Sidekick

I rated it 8, I thought it was funny and I enjoyed it very much. Don't understand people watching like 1/8 of the trailer and thinking they know the whole movie and can comment on that. Watch the movie, and remember its JUST a movie.

I thought it was a good movie, especially after all the crap movies that have come out this year. I was becoming disillusioned with movies in general and then watched this last night and hope has been restored. Finally a good comedy. Something that can make me laugh out loudly.

I think people go into these movies assuming that they are going to be Oscar winning, movie of the year type films. They aren't. They are meant to be goofy, make you laugh and this movie served it's purpose perfectly.

Would I give it a 10? Not a chance. Would I say it's an 8? Maybe that's pushing it but for it's genre, it did exactly what it needed to do...

it made me laugh.

No. It was a hilarious movie. The ratings say so as well on this very site. I was very impressed honestly.

GO SIXERS!!!
Phillies
Fly Eagles Fly

Agreed.

don't worry most of humanity are as retarded.

You're not the only one!

I enjoyed "We're the Millers". It was well-done Rated R comedy, you know what I'm saying?

Rick (http://www.rickumali.com/) Umali

My husband and I both laughed like crazy. Very funny movie for us.

I've also rated it 7/10. The total rating is also good, so most people liked it. The people that didn't like it simply post more. I don't know why; do they want to share their misery?

'I'm not that tight anymore.. - It's like throwing a hotdog in a hallway..' Hilarious.

No, I enjoyed the film greatly. It got off to a slow and unfunny start, but it picked up and I ended up really enjoying it.

If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, nobody else wanted them either.

Yes! I completely love this movie. It was hilarious. In fact I can't even describe it. It was just that dumb, sophmoric type of humor and it worked. I agree with the poster who said too many people seem to go into watching these expecting life changing performances. No. That's not the point. It's just to have a fun, whacky movie.

It was a simple premise and that was part of what made it work in my opinion.

If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature

I actually did like it. I don't smoke weed, so I didn't think I'd like it - but it was funny. About 20 minutes could of been cut from it, though.

I give it a 7/10.

The food came and so did I.

Nope, you're not alone. It's not my type of film by a long shot but I can't recall the last time I laughed so hard. It was irreverent almost to the point of being unwatchable but I couldn't look away. It was an "Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing?" kind of shock-horror-comedy for me. I loved it.

It's rated 7.1 on this site. Apparently, most people enjoyed this film.

Example of senility.http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2779/paintx.png

Best *beep* comedy ever. I would never think of these actors mixed together in this movie. But as i watched it, this cast could not fit any better! 10/10

It was better than I expected and I gave it an 8 out of 10. I had seen so many bad comedies lately, it was refreshing to see a good one at last. Supporting cast was nice as well, like Kathryn Hahn (seen in Crossing Jordan) who was quite funny. A good surprise.

Yeah. You're so unique.

NO! This is only not funny to people who can't relate to the whole RV and living in a family of dorky white people, LIKE ME! I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD because I remember MEETING people like this. I did grow up in the midwest, I was born in Minnesota and my kid brother and sister were both born in Green Bay, WI.

I thought this movie was awesome!
Renee

Hey! I ordered it on Demand over the weekend , I really really liked it... I thought Jennifer was really good she has become so secure with her acting skills she was amazing and funny and really open. The entire movie I felt was very funny and smart and just alot of fun, the writing was very good,it was not slapstick funny it was a very smart comedy. It had a begining a middle and a conclusion it was not to long . I found it 4 stars out of 5 stars for a comedy>> And by the way I could never see Angie playing this part . Its just my opinion but I feel Jennifer is a better actress then Angie.

I loved it...a sequel would be great though.....

I like this movie. 8/10.

Post deleted

Funniest movie Ive seen in ages. Don't worry about what others say or think... if they didn't like it, its their loss

don't call me shirley

Hey! I totally agree with your opinion. It really was the funniest movie Ive seen in ages also> Its so funny I love the new CBS show The Millers, I laughed out loud last night as I watched it> I feel its 1 of the best new TV shows this year and the TV show which has nothing to do with the movie except for the name Miller in the title how funny .

Post deleted

No you're not. For me it was actually refreshing to see that they can still make a comedy that

a) has a decent story arc
b) has sympathetic characters and good character development
c) doesn't give a f-ck about political correctness
d) does not have scenes that feature sh-tting, puking or p-ssing all over the place
e) is actually funny

It wasn't the best comedy I've ever seen by far, but I would watch it again anytime and would still have fun with it.

And well, yea, gotta mention, Jennifer's still got it.

Loved the credits scene in the car with the Friends theme by the way. :)

I just got finished watching it and I thought it was hilarious. The cast had great chemistry and the supporting players were funny as well. It also reminded me that I still need to watch Horrible Bosses.

Utah! Get me two.

you're not alone, I enjoyed the movie so well. :) and I like the ending too, hoping there would be a sequel. :D

Am I the only one who though this was a good movie?

Nope.

it did $269,994,119 worldwide and $150,394,119 in the USA alone(that's clearly above average for a comedy to my knowledge). hell, even looking only at IMDb it's got a 7.1/10 average with 143,694 votes and i see anything 7.x/10 or higher on IMDb as generally positive opinions, with 6.x/10 area as mixed opinions, and 5.x/10 or lower as generally negative opinions.

hell, just the 143,694 total votes means a lot of people seen it on IMDb which i kind of gauge a movies popularity based on vote totals more than average rating since the more votes a movie has the more popular it is basically since more people have seen it.

so with that said... it's pretty safe to say you are not the only one who likes it ;)

for the record... it's my #2 comedy of 2013 behind The Wolf of Wall Street (Wolf is also my #1 movie of 2013 in general to). but if you don't count Wolf as a comedy, which i clearly do given it's heavily comedy themed(as i had plenty of laughs throughout the movie), then We're the Millers would be my #1 comedy of the year. either way, We're the Millers is clearly a straight comedy where as Wolf, while heavily comedy themed, almost feels a bit drama-ish in a way which might take it out of the 'straight comedy' label. but in the end i personally would count it as a legit comedy given the volume of laughs throughout the movie i had.

----------
My Vote History ... http://imdb.to/rb1gYH
----------