Cristina Ferrare : First Name

First Name

I recently purchased a May 1966 addition of Sixteen Magazine, and inside were pictures and a story about Cristina, only she was called Cindy back then. Does anyone know which is her "real" name? Thanks

Re: First Name

Found the following off of People Finders:

THOMOPOULOS, CRISTINA C
Associated names:
ARNOLD, THOMAS D
FERRARE, THOMOPOUL
FERRARE, CHRISTINA F
FERRARE, CRISTINA F
THOMOPOULOS, CHRISTINE
THOMOPOULOS, CRISTINA F

Her birth name is Elizabeth Christina Ferrare

Cristina is on her birth certificate, her friends called her Cindy when she was younger.

Rev. Dr. John Benjamin Tatum, D.D., Ph.D.

Thanks for the info, Rev Tatum. I knew I wasn't going crazy! When I was a teen, she was one of the most popular teen models (she's only two years older than me) and I remember them referring to her as Cindy.....

Cindy has always been a nickname for someone named Cynthia.
I've never heard of anyone, not that it matters named Cristina being nicknamed that.
Chris, Chrissy, Christy or Tina is what I would think someone named Cristina would be nicknamed.

Christina is her birth name. "Cindy" is a nickname for Christina...just as "Jack" is a nickname for John...."Dick" is a nickname for Richard... Et Cetera.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It also may be a Greek cultural situation as well. The "Chris" and "Tina" are a bit more foreign I'm ethnically Greek culture.

Cristina is Italian...Cindy Ferrare was a modeling/stage name that was used for her that never stuck.