Nick Broomfield : excellent docos

excellent docos

has anyone else made as many excellent docos as this guy?

'I looked up fubar in the German dictionary and there's no fubar in here'

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: excellent docos

whose documentaries do u like then?

'I looked up fubar in the German dictionary and there's no fubar in here'

I have to say, I've only seen two of his docos "aileen" and "fetishes" and I really disliked them both. He has fantastically interesting subject matter, but I really dislike his style, and he seems to lack any empathy with his subjects.

Errol Morris is a fantastic documentary maker. "Fog of War" is one of my favorite films ever, and "Gates of heaven" "The thin Blue Line" and "Vernon, Florida" are all brilliant. I've seen a couple of other ones which don't spring to mind as yet, but I'm yet to come across one I don't like.

A retarded dog could get better film footage than this guy. 5b4

Plus, he's been hauling around the same earphones and camera bag since 1970.

He's not horrible; that description should go to Herzog as of late. I think Broomfield takes a very unbiased standpoint more or less, plus I must admit, he looked DAMN FINE in Kurt and Aileen respectively, noting he was 50+ in both films! If you want to see really terrible documentary journalists in action, watch any "Vanguard" presentation; one is a pretentious Israeli girl with tattooes all over her body, the Asian dude can't stop using curse words for more than 10 seconds, and the white dude comes off as if he thinks he's Mother Theresa donating to charity or something when all he is doing is getting paid to interview people on camera.

I like Nick there's just something about his technique that has never been tried or done before.

Look at how happy you are, so carefree. It's almost as if you don't know you're Billy Bush!-Triumph