Nick Broomfield : Such a loser.

Such a loser.

This guys docs are so self-serving and one-sided that he makes Michael Moore look fair.
"Hey, lets make a movie about Courtney Love killing Kurt Cobain. And to back up my lame ass idea, I'll interview a bunch of crack heads!"
Maybe that is why no one cares enough to leave any messages here.
Funny how today I see a story on IMDB regarding some documentary filmmaker harrassing Ms. Love. They don't even find Broomfield important enough to mention him by name.
Loser.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Such a loser.

i think that his documentry was pretty good. I mean every good documentry has an angle and his happened to be an anti-courtney love angle. Besides if it was a portrayal of every side of the story it would be pretty lame ass because his documentry was supossed to express his views on the subject.
As for him intervieing "bunch of crack heads", for christ sake Kurt was an addict,as was Courtney and pretty much most of their friends and people involved with them. It makes sense to interview the people who knew them best or at least knew them in the "important times"
Besides he says he doesn't believe the conspiracy theories so therefor you're post was incorrect.
bub
uma
-x-

What's up with will & Grace, I don't get drum and bass!

Presumably you're writing this after viewing Kurt and Courtney, which is a pretty wretched film. Try a few of his other films and then make your mind up. The two Aileen Wournos documentaries (saw the second one last night) are absolutely excellent and Biggie and Tupac is well worth a watch.

If you still feel that way after seeing some more of his work, we'll talk about it some more- OK?

Rick

"Build my gallows high, baby."

yeah i've seen both the aileen ones i thought they were really good. i may just be very wrong because apparently i have bad taste and talk a LOT of JIBBERISH, that is why people never value my opions.sad3.gif
oh to be loved in this humdrum life.
ah well
back to the future and beyond
bub
uma
-x-

Would you excuse me? I cut my foot before and my shoe is filling up with blood.
blush2.gif

yeah i've seen both the aileen ones i thought they were really good. i may just be very wrong because apparently i have bad taste and talk a LOT of JIBBERISH, that is why people never value my opions

Don't worry. I have amazing taste and I like them, so you must be right. ; )

"Build my gallows high, baby."

well thank you. your graditude is appriciated! :)

Would you excuse me? I cut my foot before and my shoe is filling up with blood.
blush2.gif

Nick Broomfield rules.

Don't be stupid.

This guys docs are so self-serving and one-sided that he makes Michael Moore look fair
That's not necessarily bad behavior. If you're watching a history documentary, one should expect an objective view. If you're watching a piece on the possibilities of how Kurt Cobain came to be no more (like 'kurt and courtney', by broomfield)), or an expose on America's current culture of fear through media, guns and history (like BFC, by Moore) - you pretty much expecting an opinion piece. As long as objectivity isn't claimed - it's fine.

And comparing him to a casuist like Moore is intolerable. Broomfield doesn't rely on a ruse, or casuistry, or glib, or any other thigns that rogues like Moore use. You can't even compare anything Broomfield's ever done to something as god awful as "bowling for columbine": BFC is persuasive through trickery. People lose objectivity and forget why Moore gets the flak he does. The point is not that "Bowling for columbine" (BFC)is biased. No, the point is that Bowling is deliberately, seriously, and consistently deceptive.

We now return to the communists

Re: Don't be stupid.

I think this guy is fantastic. I've only seen Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer and Selling of a Serial Killer, but I love how he doesn't try to leave out his own views of the situation. He's willing to get personal and show some of his emotional attachment to these people. He also displayed footage of himself getting interrogated in court and I thought his answers were very well-formed even though the lawyer caught him in a moment that would make most people lose their composure.

The problem with Michael Moore is that he's reluctant to say, "I think", or "It is my opinion that" Nick doesn't seem like that at all. He's willing to put forth his own thoughts but does not try to present them factually. On the other hand, he's bold at times when it comes to making a more sensational story.

His commentary is also very engaging and introspective. He also strikes me as a fairly modest person who puts a lot of thought into what he's going to say before he says it. This is completely opposite of Michael Moore who will immediately confront a person in an attempt to make them look bad on a whim.

I agree with englisher, from what Ive seen from "Kurt and Courtney", he tries to find every opinion he can find from whatever the source. I dont think he really had an opinion of his own, he was just trying to uncover the conspiracy

Everything always in time will come

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

My favorite is the Heidi Fleiss story. Some of the characters that he interviews are just so over the top, it's better than fiction.