666 Park Avenue : ABC Cancels This But…

ABC Cancels This But…

Gives The Neighbors a full season?? Seriously???

Re: ABC Cancels This But…

I agree, that show is dreadful. And somehow this show is cancelled yet I sat through about 4 too many seasons of Desperate Housewives and Grey's is STILL dragging on. I truly don't understand.

Welcome to ABC. The home of medical drama's. They don't like Supernatural type drama's. They didn't even give it a chance.

Oh that's more funny then a screen door on a battle ship- Biff Tannen

One of ABCs biggest shows, Lost, was rather "supernatural" or magical, if you will.

barely, it was a typical drama for the most part. Also often criticized by developing and wrapping up the supernatural elements up too slow, and in very vague or unsatisfying ways. I thought they did a good job with most of it though.

Uh, Once Upon a Time is supernatural.

---------
Certainty of death, small chance of success... what are we waiting for? - Gimli

Than, not then.

"I am the equal and opposite reaction!" -Unknowntyper-

Let me guess: the only episode you've watched of "The Neighbors" is the pilot, which was awful. If you'd continue you'd see it's actually a very funny, sweet, often clever show, miles above the worst TV has to offer.

That is surprising that neighbors got renewed, but I'm one of those people who only watched the pilot.Perhaps the other episodes have been better, but the pilot didn't give much reason to keep watching. I could awlasy give it a second look though.
As far ass 666 is concerned, the early cancelation sucks. Buy maybe a decent end can still save it, like making it a effectively a good miniseries or something.
One of my pet peeves about American shows is that they feel the need to go on and on forever. Even good shows like House wore thin after hundreds of episodes that had essentially the same plot. British series tend to have shorter runs, but not necessarily to their detriment. Faulty Towers is won of my favorite shows ever, but it only had like 12 episodes total. But even some British showslike Dr. Who seem to go on forever.

I gotta reply because it's not letting me see this topic in desktop mode.

guys the ratings weren't there. it wasn't doing well in the demo or total viewers. the fact that they are redoing some of the moments in the final episode to give fans closure says a lot about ABC. Some networks cancel these shows outright with no closure for fans. this type of show couldn't work on the network. even airing at 10, it was too soft. it needed to be on FX or a cable channel.

guys the ratings weren't there. it wasn't doing well in the demo or total viewers. the fact that they are redoing some of the moments in the final episode to give fans closure says a lot about ABC. Some networks cancel these shows outright with no closure for fans. this type of show couldn't work on the network. even airing at 10, it was too soft. it needed to be on FX or a cable channel.

ABC cancelled many shows without warning or closure. Do you mean they HAVE learned?

Yeah, because they've figured out that they can't sell the dvd boxet to an incomplete show.

Two completely different types of shows. 666 is more effects driven, so obviously costs more to produce. By extension this means that it needs better ratings in order to justify it's budget. Unfortunately, it didn't get the ratings it needed to sustain itself.

Prof. Farnsworth: Oh. A lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!

666 Park Avenue is my favorite new show. I can't believe it's cancelled. I hope some other network picks it up. It's a great show!

Why are the good shows cancelled and stupid, crappy reality shows are kept around?

There aren't a lot of great new shows, but Elementary is vastly superior. Give it a view. It's getting renewed.

Check out my TV podcast on iTunes:
http://bit.ly/zJzdaF

Elementary is a good show, but ask me how the last 5 episodes ended. I couldn't tell you because I've fallen asleep on the last 15 minutes of each one. 666 keeps me glued to the TV!

I already explained that.

Shows like this are cancelled because they don't make enough through advertising to justify their budget.

Reality shows cost virtually nothing to produce in relation to scripted series. As a result they don't need to make as much money through advertising to justify their budget. They almost always make massive profits because they are so cheap to produce. Further, they help fund shows that don't make a profit. For example, SyFy kept Eureka for at least one full season while operating at a deficit covered by the profits from the reality shows.

They may be stupid, but they're the reason networks are able to take a risk on shows like 666 Park.

Prof. Farnsworth: Oh. A lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!

That's Becsuse abc has no brains no family values and no school education

Bond James Bond

Yep ABC which stands 4 Always Bloody Cancelled! This is the 6th one of their Shows,over the past say 2 Seasons, that I have been really Into, then Yanked: It began and Ended or so I was hoping with The Gates: (Just the Best thing to Hit TV, since LOST) and then My other Quality Show The Whole Truth: What the Hell: (When 2 Big Name Stars like this Fail at something: It's the Network, not the Material) Then came PAN AM Great Cast, good idea--Then the Simply Amazing The River: (Grab it when it's released, Cause we will never see anything Like It Ever Again!) Then The Last Resort, Sure weak, but I've seen Worse stuff, Last Much Longer Ally McBeal Please what a Monumental Waste of Good Air time! but U Catch the Drift Right! And Now this 1, which Sadly was a Tired, Old Story Line: Demons in the Basement of an Upscale NYC Building and so on: I am Very Pleased 2 see that Johnny Lee, and Miss Lucy of Elementary R coming Back, it is the Brightest Light so Far!

It seems to me That CBS, is Deservedly the Strongest Network, of the Big Three: But mainly Because some Genius, saw that Queen Juliana M of ER, would Really work in their New Scripted Night Time Soap/Drama ' The Good Wife ' I hope Touch is given another Chance also?

Obviously If U Take a Show to ABC, You have to go with A Semi Full Of Cash, and U Better get down on UR Knees, and Be Prepared to Open Wide, in front of the Whole Board, who Oversees Programming--Or UR Show Hasn't got a Prayer! " I don't give half a hump if your innocent or not, so where does that put you".. Cheers TRX:
TRX15

"...this 1, which Sadly was a Tired, Old Story Line: Demons in the Basement of an Upscale NYC Building and so on"

What other shows, movies have this theme so I can check them out.
I've seen demons in houses but don't remember any in highrises.

Well, people actually watch The Neighbors (guaranteed renewal, as well), and they don't watch 666 Park Avenue. I'm guessing you don't watch The Neighbors, or you would see how misguided your statement is anyway. It's a much better show than you're giving it credit for.

http://chriscolleytvblog.blogspot.com

I actually have seen a few other episodes, and while they were better than the pilot (which I think everyone can admit was godawful) it's just not my cup of tea. That's just my opinion though.

I don't hate The Neighbors but I don't find it all that great. There were a few episodes that were decently done but I'd take 10 of this one over 1 Neighbors.

Ahh, man, this sucks! I didn't know they cancelled this show. I was waiting for the next season! *sigh*

"I am the ultimate badass, you do not wanna `*beep*` wit me!"- Hudson in Aliens.

The Neighbors was rating better. Cancellations are almost never about the quality of the show. They are about the ratings.

They're not about ratings, they're about the cost to produce vs. ratings.

i doubt that show makes it to a second season i know a lot of people who started watching and stopped because they said it was soo stupid. yet this is america and honey boo boo gets great ratings. makes no sense.

You're very wrong. That show hasn't dropped an iota since it moved to 8:30pm. It's 100 percent getting renewed, and has a very loyal audience.

http://chriscolleytvblog.blogspot.com

Ah, I came here to see what people thought of Whoopi's presence in this and found out it got cancelled.
I thought it was pretty good, definitely can't compare to The Neighbors. And people say The Neighbors just had a bad pilot. Nope, I stopped watching after the second episode. It's just a little shallow comedy that's sometimes funny, i.e. about 3 minutes out of about 20 (or however many it has). That's just not worth the rest of the minutes for me.

I didn't watch the pilot for The Neighbors, but I watched the Halloween episode and thought "Was this show made by the people that made Christmas with the Kranks? Because it's just as funny". Christmas with the Kranks was not funny--AT ALL! 666 Park Avenue is now headed off to join the likes of Threshold, Surface and Invasion and my heart weeps a little.

Uh Hi There: I Really Really Also Enjoyed Threshold, So Does that mean I might also Enjoy Surface: I Am Intrigued, by the Premise: While I have heard conversely 2 Give Invasion A Pass with Extreme Prejudice! Please If U have any Insight I would Appreciate It, as I am Always on the Lookout 4 Additional TV, to Stream etc:

“What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.”

Some Essential Thoughts 2 Contemplate: Possibly??

Thanx 4 Tuning In Cheers TRX:

TRX15

Do you have Netflix? If so, Surface is available for streaming.

Alas Sorry to Say that I am Sadly not Hip to Net Flix currently: Too Much Deniro, for Stuff, I can Usually and quite Probably Obtain, on the Sly: A LA The Super World of Bit Torrent etc: Surely It must be On There Somewhere Right?

Cheers & Thanx in Advance for any and all Suggestions U May Care 2 Provide!

I Forget just where It's From:

' Let's See How Much YOU Like It When I Stick THIS In your Ear?? '
TRX15

Thanx 4 Tuning In Cheers TRX:

You have to watch a couple shows together. One show just didn't seem to hook me at first.

Dwell in Possibilities
Emily dickenson

As I posted to the "Last Resort" board a little while ago:

Just another example of Disney and Always Be Cancelling (poor grammar but all I could think of that came close to the sentiment) policy of not giving decent new shows a chance. If it's not a cop procedural, medical or legal drama, or some sleazy made for primetime soap, out it goes before the ratings have a chance to improve.

As always, just my two cents

"Let's see: I'm a white male, age 18-49, I have a loud mouth and a gun. I AM the American Dream."

because the world needs more sh!t coms

In this town I'm the leper with the most fingers.

I've always heard "ABC = Already Been Canceled"

“Dean, did you service Oberon, King of the Fairies?”

Well they can always sell the show to a sci-fi channel and have Jane come out of a shower and think the first season was a dream and carry on with new writers. ;)

we all remember how ABC was back in the 1980's remember TGIF, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers? ABC's saturday morning shows like Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show ABC was good then now with the new people they forgot all that the people that once worked there are seeing how they are corrupting the company. Thank god Apple is still around if it were not for Steve Jobs Microsoft would have been bigger but Steve came back Apple has more stuff then it was 20 years ago i phones i pods i pads the mac computers etc that is why when we have good people they keep it going new people just corrupted it.

Justin

Bond James Bond