NCIS : I know it was just a clip show episode but…

I know it was just a clip show episode but…

It still got to me just a tad. Maybe it made me worry about my kids if I left them too soon. I know that hug got to me. Gibbs is a guy who lost his family. I don't like to think about that. So, when I see his character every now and then soften, it gives a little hope about where they're taking him.

Re: I know it was just a clip show episode but…

A couple of minutes out of 43 didn't feel like a clip show to me and I though the ones they used were helpful too the no -obsessed viewer.

Dr Jason Bull: Don't give up on people, they're all we've got.

I agree, I can't remember but they showed what, three, maybe four clips at the most? The rest was fresh. That's not a clip show.

I am excited to see where this takes Jimmy and the treatment he receives from the others, but most importantly the treatment he receives from the writers. Seems to me it would be absurd (not that THAT apparently matters) to take him from being the comic relief, to this huge reveal that he passed his third attempt at the M.E. exam and is now Dr. Palmer, then return him right back to the class clown in the next episode he appears in.

Of course other characters have been treated worse, but I hope the trend will stop soon.

It wasn't a clip show, but it had the same clip show feel during the episode that McGee's father died. In many respects, a major part of the family died when Tony left and I think it was just reflecting how far we have come. Now Jimmy is Doctor Palmersorta like how after Ziva was gone, that McGee saw how far he had come when his father died.

BelforseI have to disagree. Even in one of the articles that Brian did he even said it was a clip show.
Kate
Mark Harmon and NCIS Fan
katiegirl0831@gmail.com

definition of "clip show" per wiki:

A clip show is an episode of a television series that consists primarily of excerpts from previous episodes. Most clip shows feature the format of a frame story in which cast members recall past events from past installments of the show, depicted with a clip of the event presented as a flashback.

Kate wrote:

BelforseI have to disagree. Even in one of the articles that Brian did he even said it was a clip show.

well, Kate, it seems even the actor who appeared in the episode doesn't know exactly what a clip show is, so I guess we're allowed to be confused as well

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

I agree, I can't remember but they showed what, three, maybe four clips at the most? The rest was fresh. That's not a clip show.

correct, lyndajane
not a clip show; see my reply to KathleenPhelan

I am excited to see where this takes Jimmy and the treatment he receives from the others, but most importantly the treatment he receives from the writers. Seems to me it would be absurd (not that THAT apparently matters) to take him from being the comic relief, to this huge reveal that he passed his third attempt at the M.E. exam and is now Dr. Palmer, then return him right back to the class clown in the next episode he appears in.

I also wonder how the writers will deal with the fact that Palmer is now this wunderkind M.D./M.E.
my $$$ is on the remains

btw, you do realize according to what was revealed in Tuesday night's show that Jimmy graduated medical school, did his internship/residency, passed his Boards, and has apparently been an M.D. for several years - all on the Q.T.!
further education and examinations were required for him to get his Medical Examiner certification

that's why I've said [in my other thread] "the guy has been verrrry busy" - - and not one of Team Gibbs, et al, knew about it?!
go figure!!

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

Um, Palmer was studying to become a doctor 10 years ago, it is not at all hard to believe he has finished studying and completed all the qualifications to become an ME. We don't know how long he has been a doctor for either.

Um, Palmer was studying to become a doctor 10 years ago, it is not at all hard to believe he has finished studying and completed all the qualifications to become an ME. We don't know how long he has been a doctor for either.

well, it may not be hard for you - and some others - to believe, Xeliou, but I still believe (actually, I know for a fact) that Palmer could not possibly have been a full time medical student, accomplished all the requirements to become a Doctor of Medicine AND complete the neccessary requirements to become a fully Certified Medical Examiner
working at it full-time takes 12-14 years!
this is not something one does casually over a 10 year period; there is no such thing as a "part-time medical student"

what is even harder to believe is that he supposedly accomplished all of this over the past several years and NOBODY KNEW!!
Ducky, of all people, would have/should have known what he was doing!
but they made it look as if the good Dr. Mallard was as surprised as the rest of them

add to both those facts, the man actually chose to remain an "autopsy gremlin", instead of practicing as a Doctor/Medical Examiner, and earning the salary that those positions command

who does that, for pete sake?
nobody in their right mind that I know of!

(I haven't even touched on the subject of medical school tuition and student loans that need to be paid - - but I'm not even gonna' go there)

I call BULL-PUCKY!!

but I seem to be in the minority on this board about Palmer's miraculous feats in becoming a Doctor AND a Medical Examiner, so I'm going to quit banging my head against the wall , and just let y'all go on believing it could happen the way those genius writers of the NCIS scripts depicted it

me?
I'll just file this whole Jimmy Palmer, M.D./M.E. thing under:
"Miracles & Other Alternative Facts on NCIS"

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

you do know (I hope) that this is a drama series and not a documentary, he doesn't have to go to school or pay tuition to be a doctor, the writers just say OK he's a doctor, and they type it up.

If you can't be kind, be quiet

you do know (I hope) that this is a drama series and not a documentary, he doesn't have to go to school or pay tuition to be a doctor, the writers just say OK he's a doctor, and they type it up.

yeah, I do know, sam; I'm not totally nutz - not yet, anyway!
and I honestly don't know why this bugs me so much

I wrote in one of my other replies that the writers say, "Write it and they will Believe", and that's what they did

I guess what really bothers me is that some people actually do believe the "Jimmy Palmer becomes a Doctor/M.E." storyline exactly as they made it happen in this fictional show, when nothing could be further from the truth!

I'm almost done being pi$$ed off now - almost!

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

That's a relatively harmless one to believe. It's been discussed before, but the problem in the real world is when people believe the police can really pull off the forensic miracles they see from Abby (or the labs in the CSI shows) then get selected for jury duty.

I guess what really bothers me is that some people actually do believe the "Jimmy Palmer becomes a Doctor/M.E." storyline exactly as they made it happen in this fictional show, when nothing could be further from the truth!

you obviously have a connection with the med field and know how things are supposed to work, but 99% of the viewers know nothing about it and don't question what is written, people have to take everything with a grain of salt b/c most of it is nonsense, the ones that are entertained the most are the ones that know nothing about gov. agents, police work or the med field, (like me)

but I get why you get riled up when you see something that's up your alley and know that can't happen, I do the same when it comes to music or building, but I just laugh and say "idiots"

If you can't be kind, be quiet