NCIS : S14/E1 - "Keep Going" - A Few Notes - Spoiler Alert

S14/E1 - "Keep Going" - A Few Notes - Spoiler Alert

* What a jackass!

* but he didn't deserve THAT!
Holy crap!

* I really wish all the cast who've been there longer were up further in the credits (except Rocky & David who contracted to be "WITH").

* Leroy Gibbs? Display on Ducky's phone. Since when?

* Son must be on the ledge. Yep. Jimmy only one to notice.
Why didn't local LEOs?

* Duh! McGee to witness: "How'd you know it was the man's son?" I'd be yelling DAD! if it was my father.

* Let's see. All of you were chatting on the ground so Jimmy's instinct kicked in and he went up to prevent a suicide.

* No! Let Jimmy handle this!

* I think I might have guessed right. Jimmy is going to be a MD. Think this was the 1st mention of Jimmy studying to be an ME in many many years.

* Wouldn't this be a time to call in another ME and let Ducky go be with Jimmy?

* Looks like not everyone loved the Captain.

* I'm enjoying these flashbacks.

* Abby being calmer than normal.

* Awww. Memories of when Jimmy & Breena were going to adopt.

* Jimmy is really good at reading people - even better than Gibbs in this viewer's opinion. I love his compassion.

* Duh 2 - Torres: "Are we going to clean up?" Broom to push the food to Jimmy & Ryan.
FYI: If my father had been killed like that I wouldn't be hungry.
Nor would I be happy about it being my birthday.

* Loved Gibbs overhearing Jimmy talking about him.

* Talk about the failed attempt to adopt when the birth-mother changed her mind.

* Well maybe it won't be that Jimmy got his MD after all. But another adoption attempt that's successful this time.

* Ah, the near miss with 2 other cars at the intersection came up. Found.
It's their driver/killer.

* PHOOF gave away too much. OK, so I knew he'd survive but it's not cool to show it.

* JIMMY IS AN MD/ME!!!!! He didn't tell anyone at work!

* I love when we and the other characters find out like information like this.

* Hit & run not related to work.

* Brian tweeted that when they were filming these scenes the CUBS were winning the world series - he's a fan.

* Memory: This one I never got. Diane was a royal witch and Jimmy acted as if she was the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz.

* Road rage hit and run guy would have hit/killed him no matter where he stopped.

* That would have REALLY sucked!

* Ducky calls Jimmy "Dr Palmer"! Loved it.

* Nice hug. Well-deserved.

* For me this was the best episode in years! Bravo Zulu, Brian Dietzen.

Dr Jason Bull: Don't give up on people, they're all we've got.

Re: S14/E1 - "Keep Going" - A Few Notes - Spoiler Alert

This should settle that old debate on the board about Jimmy's qualifications to take over should Ducky decide to retire. He is a DOCTOR, an actual Medical Examiner, no more speculation, no more debate thanks to inconsistent writing and inconsistent clues in past seasons. It's just been spelled out. And that line from Ducky "Dr. Palmer" pure GOLD!

Re: S14/E1 - 'Keep Going' - A Few Notes - Spoiler Alert

Yes, you're correct"keep going" is the best episode in ages and agesyour blow-by-blow review notes, or whatever you care to call thempbftttt.

I agree this was the best episode in a very long time. And it's about friggin' time they settled the debate about Palmer's qualifications once and for all.

But I can't help but wonder now that they've made it official, if it's not the prelude to Ducky retiring soon.

Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive.

And it's about friggin' time they settled the debate about Palmer's qualifications once and for all.

But I can't help but wonder now that they've made it official, if it's not the prelude to Ducky retiring soon.

That's what I'm also wondering. Seems like Palmer had been in medical school forever, some wondered did he drop out, give up, is he just a bad student and he's still plodding away at it Turns out he did finish, and kept it on the hush and is actually a doctor now, a real ME. It could be a prelude to Ducky/David McCallum retiring or it could be covering the bases just in case David does make that decision before the end of the show's current renewal period (which is to the end of season 15). Jimmy's continued presence there has been explained - he didn't want to give up the colleagues he came to view as family.

I think this episode was awesome. Easily the top 5 episode ever made. It made me think of the Call of Silence episode.

I thought it was a very poor episode, one of the worst. About the same as the last 6 episodes.

* JIMMY IS AN MD/ME!!!!!

it pays to be an optimist, eh, NewBe?

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

I enjoyed it and all the flashbacks as well. First episode in a long time I may rewatch.

To lose patience is to lose the battle ~~ Mahatma Ghandi

Yes it does, Nas. I'm still smiling.

Luckys,
Me too. I haven't re-watched one since S13/E23 and most of those were painful to watch a second time (didn't re-watch #24).

The 'Leroy' on the phone did seem out of place, especially since Ducky always calls him Jethro.

I'll give McGee a pass on asking how the woman knew it was the son - if there was another reason they would want to know.

If it wasn't written to be a Palmer episode, he would instead have gotten their attention and said something like, "I found him."

* Wouldn't this be a time to call in another ME and let Ducky go be with Jimmy?

Definitely not. They needed results immediately and getting someone else in would have required time they didn't have.

I guess the writers felt a need to explain things via Torres not thinking, but I'd already thought of getting some kind of stick to push the box along before Torres had even started crawling back into the window with it.

The flashback with the adoption loss was good, but I'd kind of hoped they'd go with the scene in 'About Face' where Palmer rams the killer's car with his own and Gibbs loudly yells at him for all to hear then leans in and says just to Palmer, "Now you've got something to write home about."

Seriously? Abby can't get a plate from the traffic cam? Any other episode she could get it from the previous data that had been recorded over on a VHS tape. Also, it turned out to be a rental car and a lot of the rental companies put a sticker with their name on the back bumper.

* PHOOF gave away too much. OK, so I knew he'd survive but it's not cool to show it.

Just like the end of 'Mind Games'. Paula Cassidy being shown ok with her arm in a sling before the scene where a killer attacks her with a knife while her hands are tied behind her back and they cut away without showing what happens except we already knew because of the PHOOF.

I have to wonder if Jimmy told Breena about passing the exam. Is she really so understanding that she doesn't mind him earning a fraction of what he should be? I also wonder if it happened before 'Newborn King' where Breena's father is trying to get him into the family business.

Good to know BD has such good taste in sports.

Heading to bed so just a brief supposition:

I think Jimmy may have passed when Ducky was out on medical leave after his heart attack.
I choose to believe that Breena knows and out of love and respect kept her husbands secret.

I think Jimmy may have passed when Ducky was out on medical leave after his heart attack.
I choose to believe that Breena knows and out of love and respect kept her husbands secret.

I must congratulate you on your suspension of disbelief, NewBe

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

She's never had a wife, Nas.

She's never had a wife, Nas.

'specially one who thinks it's o.k. to pass up the opportunity to earn almost $200k just so he can keep working with his friends

Breena! the woman is a Saint!!

nas

My motto:
Live long and Pester!

I agree, this was the best episode in a long time. Great use of Palmer and I liked the flashbacks and the revelation that Jimmy was now an ME. It kept my interest the entire way through, there was nothing forced or cringeworthy in the episode and the case was good. I liked that the killer was a random angry guy who committed road rage instead of a predictable co-worker doing it, I was certain the killer would be the Navy woman ( can't remember her name or rank ) that Gibbs and Quinn talked to in the conference room at the start.

Glad they finally made Jimmy a doctor, it was about time and now he will be able to take over for Ducky if David McCallum leaves the show.

Completely agree NewBe. It was the best episode in a long time, I thoroughly enjoyed it.a "feel good" episode!

* but he didn't deserve THAT!
Holy crap!

I screamed so loud the cat jumped off my lap and half-way across room. He refused to come back until the show was over.

I figured the Captain would be dead right quick but I thought it might happen at the ATM.

I'm pleased that the episode surprised me and pleased that I "liked it. I really really liked it".

I am glad too. For me best episode in a while.

Maybe Jimmy recently passed the exam and had not totally figured out his next step yet.

Masi Oka just left Hawaii 5-0. they are looking for a new ME.

To lose patience is to lose the battle ~~ Mahatma Ghandi

I only watch H5-0 as episodes become available on Netflix, and I hadn't realized he left. That's too bad, he was by far my favorite character. Oh, well.

_________

No, David. No one is happy in a poodle skirt and a sweater set.

I thought it might happen at the ATM.

Me, too. I thought he was going to get stabbed at the ATM.

pleased that I "liked it. I really really liked it".

Yes, Sally, it is getting close to Academy Awards time isn't it?

A Mountain Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep.

LOL! Thanks for getting that, Dawg.