Star Wars : I actually kind of like aspects of the Star Wars prequels

I actually kind of like aspects of the Star Wars prequels

Anakin behaves the same way a lot of men who get recruited by extremist groups do. There is clear motivation for why he chooses his path. The acting and directing don't convey this in the most ideal way, but the story itself works.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Re: I actually kind of like aspects of the Star Wars prequels

They made Anakin seem like a bitch. You have to make your main character likeable if you want a good movie.

My password is password

Truly bad guys often are. It's an insecurity thing. Look at all the school shooters. Look at people on the far right. They actively recruit men like that.

Also, no. You can have unlikable protagonists, especially if it's a villain origin story.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

No, you can't have an unlikable protagonist and have a good movie, let alone one that stretches over three movies. You can't name one good movie where the main character isn't likable.

My password is password

Yes you can, as long as they're interesting in some way.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Compared to episodes 7,8 and 9,they are great.And you're right,Anikan was recruited by trying to convince him that The Sith actually had good intentions from "A certain point of view".But the Jedi also had lost there path and in fact did questionable things themselves.

Dirka dirka

You speak the truth! Admittedly I have never watched 9 because I left the theater so pissed after 8!!!
But, really, who would have thought years later Disney would absolutely decimate Star Wars and the prequels would end up being thought of as being such good Star Wars movies?!?!?
giveup.gif

I actually think that it set up a good point of how Governments manipulate people and how after being manipulated,how they hand the head Government leader more power to handle so called emergencies.

Dirka dirka

You've obviously put a lot more thought into it than I have! winkgrin.gif
I watch Star Wars to try and forget all that stuff and have a fun cinematic experience…which episodes 1-6 most definitely provided!

Dreams and nightmares of Luke.

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

The big problem with the prequels, at least as far as Anakin goes, was that he never seemed to be the great Jedi he was talked up to be. He never seemed like a good person. Being Luke's father you would expect the two to share some personality traits but I didn't see any. I don't think I'm just primed to see him as a bad guy because I know he becomes Vader, but that could be what is going on. But either way Hayden Christensen is a bad actor and has a voice that makes him sound like he is always on the verge of tears.

If you listen closely, you can tell he's trying to use James Earl Jones' inflections. Whether or not it works with his softer voice is another story, but I do appreciate the attempt.

I think the whininess fits his arc, mommy issues and all. He is very powerful, without the maturity to temper it.

I see similarities with Luke, especially their recklessness.

I don't think the bad acting is the actors' faults. It's Lucas that's badbat directing actors, and having them act too much in green screen.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I guess they are both reckless and whiny, two pretty lousy traits to share, but I think Anakin's recklessness and whininess was in a selfish manner and Luke's was in a selfless manner. I guess that's why they one took the dark side and the other the light side. Never mind, Lucas is brilliant.

Lucas is a good idea man, but needs someone else to direct and write/rewrite his ideas.

Like his wife pretty much saved the first film in editing.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I hated the prequels. Do NOT get me started on Jar Jar!

They're not good, but I've found things to like about them.

Jarjar is terrible. I feel bad for his actor as well as both Anakins.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Jar Jar is unbearable, but I felt so bad when I heard the actor was suicidal over all the hate :(

At least the character was treated as annoying. Helped a little. And it's only the first film he's really prominent in.

I do like how such a hated character is partly responsible for the empire.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

He was never given the chance to fully develop into Darth Jar Jar because of the fan reaction. He would have been a beloved character otherwise.

I do love that the emperor comes to power partly because of Jarjar. More reason to hate him.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

LOL!

Anakin was a huge bitch. Let’s be clear.

His balls didn’t drop until the lava hit them. He needed to be Vader for Ze ladies to take him serious

“Anyway” - Joe Biden

It works though. Incel rage.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I actually did not mind all the trade negotiations and all the political ****, it was world building, or universe building in this case. I also did not hate Jake Lloyds acting and I hate how it ruined the poor kids life

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Fugazi ♥

I do like the political aspect. Hated it when I was 12 and Watching it in the theater. Me and a friend were just laughing at the goofy ass Asian caricature aliens.

Yeah, that type of kid character was popular at the time. Kids loved it. At that point, I think I was just a little too old to enjoy him.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

I didn't so much dislike Jakes acting neither as much as I minded the poorly written character Lucas made him. Lots of mistakes…but at the end it was a complete story. Something the sequels can not claim.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The podrace scene in the theater or with a big TV and sound ind system is fun as hell. I remember it coming out when surround sound was just getting popular, and when the new, better theater just popped up in town.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

One thing I think is certain…williams brought down the house with the phantom menace's soundtrack! It blew me away back in 99!!!
yes.gif

Attack of the Clones soundtrack is probably my favorite in all the Star Wars series. yes.gif

i actually loved attack of the clones…although the name never really landed.
obi wan acting all james bond whilst investigating the clones and interviewing jango was hella cool IMO!
yes.gif

Yeah the name wasn't the best. But good movie. yes.gif

I remember seeing footage of Ewan right after he learned the name…he chuckled in disbelief yes.gif

laugh.gif

Attack of the Clones has the best sound mix of all the Start Wars films, IMO. The 6.1 audio on the Blue Ray bests Atmos tracks on some of the 4K discs I have. It's definitely one of my "demo" titles I use when showing off my surround sound setup!

Grade "A" Fully Loaded
"Sexy as Hell"

NOICE!

i need to train my ears for audio projectsyes.gif

I never bothered with anything after Attack of the Clones. I saw it in the theater and was bored out of my mind. I would have left if I hadn't been w/other people. That experience turned me off of returning to a theater for a while.

My password is password.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The political aspect was actually pretty good,shows you how a Hitleresq type society can come into being and yes,the empire was extremely Xenophobic and either killed or forced a lot of Aliens into slavery.

Dirka dirka

Darth Vlad,the Supreme 💦💦💦

Dirka dirka

Certainly the fight choreography was vastly superior. In the original trilogy it looked like they were having light saber duels in slow motion.

It was a little overdone though. Still better than that first lightsaber duel in New Hope.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

TPM is the only prequel that has good fights. The lighsaber duels in II and III are moronic. All the flipping and twirling, it was so stupid. TPM and the originals resemble real fights more.

This stuff isn't cool, it's ridiculous:

The prequels are trash.

The Papatine / Jedis battle was the worst of those for sure.

I don't know what happened after TPM. The fights in that movie are flash, but could pass for real fights. The other two they just went full retard.

Well I know the actor who played Darth Maul is an excellent martial artist and swordsman. I think for the other two movies, they were just trying to get each one more spectacular or exciting or something.

Attack of the clones is the only truly bad one. Revenge of the sith is good, and phantom menace just sucks because of jar jar