The Watercooler : Looks like Westren Florida

Looks like Westren Florida

May get slammed by a hurricane on Wed….

In The Global Village,The Village Idiot Resides.

Re: Looks like Westren Florida

i like getting slammed

💦💦💦

Same!

omg, perv!

You know you love it!

I love getting slammed? Or I love when you're pervy?

Both!

Glad it's not us. Just let us have one year back in the house. I'd hate if it was going to us and we had to start from square one. At least next time, we will get sandbags and hope that will keep the water from coming in.

It wasn't even that it flooded that high, but it was just high enough. Neighbor lucked out cos she had an older house that's slightly elevated.

Hoping for Florida's sake, it weakens even more before landfall than predicted.

may has now become will. the storm has changed course significantly over 24 hours by tracking south and east: landfall is Fort Meyers and then moving north toward Orlando.

I am here north of the projected impact point. the original track was dead on landfall where we live with a minimum 5-10 FOOT water surge blowing inland for several hundred feet. This would have flattened most of the homes and businesses. Now, the water surge threat has lessened but we still have chances of pummeling rain and winds for 36 hours.

* Cuba's physical geography did ZERO to disrupt this storm. yet another reason to bomb cuba into oblivion and construct miles high artificial mountains to keep these fucking storms from transiting into the Gulf of Beaner.

It's going to be a huge bitch.

i hope/pray/sacrifice via Filmboards's voodoo dolls that this bastard moves even more southerly to take us out of the wind zone; but i think my pleas not be answered by god, the devil, or nimda.

my friend and i have chosen to run scared and seek shelter in a Hotel: at least the threat of flooding and wind damage is minimized. our property can still get busted up, but better to be in a hotel room than worrying if the neighbor's lawn chairs gonna crash through the windows and impale you.

Wow, that got racist fast 😲

Stay safe, though! (That's about the hurricane; it's not a Yermom/monkeypox vaccine reference.)

where's the racism? did Cuba do anything to affect negatively the storm? no, it did not. I am holding Cuba to the highest standards of accountability: if I were "woke" then i would blame hundreds of years of colonial exploitation and the subsequent deforestation and errosion of Cuba's landscape, and NOT hold Cuba responsible for its own failures.

None of this sounds racist to you? Even "Gulf of Beaner"?

yet another reason to bomb cuba into oblivion and construct miles high artificial mountains to keep these fucking storms from transiting into the Gulf of Beaner.

gulf of beaner===>> is an affectionate and loling playful way of saying Gulf of Mexico. even mexicans joke about their love of beans/frijoles. i think your condemnation goes beyond my comment and you call into question the right of free speech and what inspired this great country's founding. and i for one am not going to sit here while you bad mouth the united states of america.

to inform you: i offered to let someone park their car in my garage because the apartment where he and his girl live doesnt have a dedicated parking structure. I have met this person ONCE. he is a former cowrker of my friend.

he and his girl come from Caracas, Venezuela. they are immmigrants who work a shitty job at an exclusive resort and dont get paid enough.

why would i both offer to let him park is car on my property and also risk serious legal liability if his car gets damaged on my property due to the hurricane if i was "racist" against people of Latin american-middle american ethnicity?

Update on Roberto ===>> he never got back to my friend after i agreed to shelter the car; he and the girl took up an offer from a friend in Orlando to shelter there; now the storm is heading to orlando; so he should have stayed here.

I know you were referencing the Gulf of Mexico. I believe most people consider "Beaner" racist. You don't have to consider it racist if you don't want to.

Hopefully you're joking about the "condemnation" and whatnot. I didn't say you're a racist person; I said the post became racist, since I consider "Beaner" a racist phrase. I thought an opinion was allowed in the land of free speech!

I saw a woman (on CNN or possibly BBC) who said she was going to her friends' house in Orlando for safety. Then right after that was when I heard the hurricane was heading to Orlando. Hopefully she and Roberto will be safe.

at this very moment hurricane has not made landfall but the conditions on the ground are getting bad the moment. time for us to seek proper shelter

Shit happens.

*Western, and you're welcome.

👍👍

The thread title is making me think of "West End Girls":

In a West Ren town, a dead end world
The East End boys and West Ren girls
West Ren girls

Throw in ladyboys, and you got a party, LaQisha.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I remember you mentioning Disney World before. Are you in Orlando?

Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort have already announced their parks will close Wednesday and Thursday due to the impact of Hurricane Ian, the first such closure since the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Orlando International Airport will also close by request of the FAA.
Powerful Hurricane Ian pushed toward Florida on Tuesday with a likely landfall on the southwest coast late Wednesday, putting metro Orlando under a hurricane warning and bringing potentially “catastrophic” flooding and hurricane-force gusts to Central Florida, forecasters said.

“It’s going to be historic,” said National Weather Service Melbourne meteorologist Kole Fehling in Melbourne.

No, he's in Canada.

If you use the "Display threads in nested format" option, you'll see I was replying to Monicah.

Ok, it was Monicah's fault, causing confusion with :(.

Post deleted

Oh 😬

Did they advise you to evacuate? Did you get all the supplies you might need in case of a power outage?

Post deleted

That's good!

Be very safe please.

Post deleted

Lol

Kinda sad.
I thought CL had stopped Personals listings a few years ago.

Post deleted

It looks like Ian is getting stronger again before it slams Carolina.

the damage where this cocksucker made landfall is one small degree below total destruction. how the death toll is so low is beyond me, considering how many retards think they can "ride out" a 155 mph wind direct impact.

Post deleted

I've got it on a live feed and have been watching this path of destruction. It's truly frightening because it's gaining in power!

I hope all of our Florida posters stay safe. The news about this hurricane just keeps getting worse.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

Post deleted