Greer Garson : This woman is just SO lovely!

This woman is just SO lovely!

I was just watching "Mrs. Miniver," at the beginning, when Mr. Ballard asks Mrs. Miniver if he can name his rose after her. The close up on Greer Garson, just wow! She is the absolute epitome of loveliness!

What a pretty, pretty, pretty woman! She has no equal!

Re: This woman is just SO lovely!

I couldn't agree more!

Quite lovely indeed.

Not a anymore!

She was not only lovely, she also had such an incredible warmth about her, paired with an intelligence and sensitivity that is really rare!

I can't wait to watch another film with her!

Agreed!!!

Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Agreed. I think she looked loveliest in "Blossoms in the Dust".

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."

Post deleted

Stop trolling.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."

Post deleted

I heard the Oscar speech she delivered for Mrs. Miniver went on for 10 hours. I hope those unfortunate people got outrageously drunk before the ceremony. God!

The speech was only about 5 minutes long, and you know that perfectly well, Fromage-sockpuppet.

Hell, 5 seconds of listening to that phony, pretentious voice would have been torture enough.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

She is next to Greta Garbo in facial resplendence.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

To give you an idea of how lovely I think this lady was, there was a poll on Rita Hayworth's message board of ten or so famous actresses competing against Rita for beauty. Well I picked Rita over all of them except Greer Garson. Ms. Garson was a beautiful and talented actress.

Its also a shame, because Greer was as important to the war effort as Rita was but isn't as appreciated contemporarily because her role wasn't as a sexualized pinup girl, but a maternal role.

Greer was just as beautiful as Rita, and a natural redhead at that, but because she can't be 'sexualized' in modern pop culture the way Rita, Grable, Lamour, Turner, or Lamar are now, her symbolic role in the Allied effort seems obscured.

But, Mrs. Minive 5b4 r was an extremely important film, not just for her. It opened people's eyes to the plight of the British during the Bombings of the Battle of Britain. The closing lines of the Vicar's sermon at the film's end were regularly dispatched with care packages during to military personnel during WWII. Winston Churchill famously said that this film did more for the war effort than a flotilla of soldiers.

So, its a shame that, while she's still popular among movie goers, she doesn't get the kind of respect that "pinup girls" like Rita Hayworth get. They were equally vital and important to the morale of our troops overseas, just in different ways.

I think Greer Garson is unfairly maligned and misunderstood. I thought she was a fine actress and such an incomparable warmth and presence. Random Harvest is my favorite of her films (so heartbreaking), followed closely by Sunrise at Campobello (I think she does Eleanor Roosevelt proud).

Post deleted

You gotta love her. She is a typical Libra. There is such warmth about her that comes across in every scene she is in. I wish she had done more comedy because I just saw "Julia Misbehaves" and she shines in it ever so brightly. She is even more beautiful than the young and adorable Liz Taylor in the same film. And that's entirely due to her personality b68 that comes across in everything she's in. That's why the sad scenes with her are heartbreaking because you just can't stand for anything that would hurt her (even in the imaginary world of the movies lol). Amazing woman: beautiful and extremely talented.

Agreed - a truly lovely woman.

I agree with your heartfelt posting. Yes, the film world 1c84 is imaginary - but in real life, Greer Garson had her share of disappointments. I recommend the one biography "A Rose for Mrs. Miniver" by Michael Troyan. While not perfect, it's the best we've got insofar as a larger picture of her life. "No life has everything," she said - in her case, I believe that with her deep religious faith, she accepted that she would have no children of her own and she and her (3rd) husband, Buddy Fogelson, were tremendously philanthropic to educational institutions - esp. Southern Methodist Univ. in Dallas and Santa Fe University of Art and Design - as well as numerous other donations to conservation and medical institutions. Their ranch in Pecos became a prime donation to the National Park Service.

Beautiiful with a lovely sounding voice.