Politics : 10 year old child abuse victim crosses state lines to get abortion

10 year old child abuse victim crosses state lines to get abortion

If those anti-choicers had their way, they'd force this 10 year old girl into forced birth from sexual abuse.

INDIANAPOLIS – On Monday, three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, Ohio had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now, this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Could Bernard help?

Indiana lawmakers are poised to further restrict or ban abortion in mere weeks. The Indiana General Assembly will convene in a special session July 25 when it will discuss restrictions to abortion policy.

But for now, the procedure still is legal in the state. And so the 10-year-old girl was soon on her way to Indiana to Bernard's care.

"The King of Cups expects a picnic! But this is not his birthday." ~ Drusilla

Re: 10 year old child abuse victim crosses state lines to get abortion

10 is crazy early to get a period and be able to get pregnant? Wtf are they feeding kids these days? 10 year olds are like 6 feet tall and menstruating and have big mommy milkers, even the boys have big mommy milkers.

My password is password

"10 year olds are like 6 feet tall and menstruating and have big mommy milkers, even the boys have big mommy milkers."

Why are you talking like this in a conversation about 10 year olds?

Surely the blame here lies with Ohio?

The Supreme Court hasn't outlawed anything. It's decided abortion isn't a constitutional issue.

As usual, the leftist spin machine is in overdrive.

Check my block list because you're probably on it.

fuck you

My password is password

You're an idiot… but you're also a dick bastard.

🌈 ☭ ⸸ 🇵🇸 ⚜ Ⓐ ✊🏿

Feel free to correct me.

I only do that when I have the energy. You're not gonna accept facts and logic anyway.

🌈 ☭ ⸸ 🇵🇸 ⚜ Ⓐ ✊🏿

Sure…

When you have the energy, come and grab me. We can dance then.

Nah, I'd rather half ass this interaction.

🌈 ☭ ⸸ 🇵🇸 ⚜ Ⓐ ✊🏿

You strike me as somebody who half asses everything.

That would explain why you're so clueless about absolutely everything.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 😎 Slava Ukraini! 😋 Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

The blame lies with the Supreme Court. A month ago this child who got impregnated by her rapist could have had an abortion in Ohio. Today she cannot. This is entirely due to the actions of the Supreme Court.

Nope. You're not following the legal situation at all.

Ohio had a trigger law in place to outlaw abortion if the Supreme Court deemed it not to be a constitutional right. Why not write a law that said abortion would be a legal right in Ohio, even if the Supreme Court deemed it a non-constitutional right?

The Supreme Court didn't write the Ohio law. Ohio is solely to blame.

To disagree just shows a complete lack of understanding. This isn't opinion. This isn't something you can have "feelings" about. What I'm stating is fact.

Yet you side with Ohio law, which shouldn't be making ANY law regarding ANY phase of pregnancy, because there is NO absolute circumstance.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) defended her state’s abortion ban on CNN Sunday when asked if it would force a 10-year-old rape victim to give birth.

On “State of the Union,” CNN’s Dana Bash asked Noem about a report last week that a 10-year-old victim of child abuse was forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana to receive an abortion due to Ohio’s ban on abortions after six weeks. The child was reportedly six weeks and three days pregnant.

Bash asked the South Dakota governor if her state would force someone in that situation to give birth.

Noem did not answer the question and pivoted instead to discussing the attacker.

Noem did not answer the question and pivoted instead to discussing the attacker.
Typical! She's only grandstanding to win favor with her equally braindead voters.

With this 10yr old girl in question, would her abortion be a pill only? Why travel interstate, when surely these can be made available, even if under the counter in Ohio?

Medication abortion is safer than childbirth. This is fact. I just can't believe we have grown adults in the justice system who hate women, and young girls, this much.

Also, medication abortion is 98% effective if both pills are taken, and around 87% effective if only one of the meds is taken, however the drugs have to be taken within the first ten weeks I believe. I may be off about the time frame, but it is limited.

The Supreme Court hasn't outlawed anything. It's decided abortion isn't a constitutional issue.
Yet their actions are going to set many states back into draconian laws regarding abortion. The right to privacy clause in the constitution was why Roe vs Wade was originally ruled in favor of. Has privacy changed, or is state government creepy and perverted?

The right to privacy clause in the constitution was why Roe vs Wade was originally ruled in favor of. Has privacy changed, or is state government creepy and perverted?

you know, even 49 years ago after Roe was issued, many card-carrying liberals of the civil rights struggle variety wrote law review articles objecting to the majority's " invention" of highly abstract principles which were nowhere explicitly named in the Constitution. Yes, the Constitution speaks of "liberty" explicitly at the Federal level, and the 14th at the state level, but both are not absolute: the governments can take your liberty under the color of "due process." Question to pro-lifers: what possible concept of due process can exist which forces a (pre?) teenager to carry a baby to term and then care for the child????… question-marks to infinity

even Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote that she was concerned with how weak the opinion was along legal argument standards.

the 4th amdmt speaks of persons being safe and secure in their homes against "unreasonable search and seizure", so this strongly implies that reasonable search and seizure os permissible. therefore there's no absolute right to privacy if the state can overcome the burden of reasonableness to secure a warrant to examine your private papers, documents, etc.

to my knowledge, no one has made any 4th amdt arguments against this new age of anti-abortion laws: a person's privacy is being unreasonably invaded by the state because the state forces pregnancy to term and giving birth is a very public matter: doctors, nurses, insurance claims, pharamacy, etc. etc. Oh, and the public record of the birth itself.

The Constitution says the people enjoy- most unfortunately unnamed!!- "privileges and immunities." Thus was what passed for higher law making back then. Yes, i perdonally believe that such P&I clearly enshrine a broad spectrum of activities which exist beyond routine governmental detection, monitoring, intrusion, interdiction.

Blackmun wrote the Roe opinion. he used such mind-bending phrases like "penumbras", "emanations", and the like. highly abstract and not grounded in explicit textual language, which, 49 years later, allowed the decision to get shredded.

below is a direct link to supreme court website and a legal brief filed in support of killing RvW. I believe this was the single most influential brief and was responsible for shifting any hesitancy against overturning to doing so. Finnis is your people: a favorite son of Adelaide. My professor was longtime friends with him.I once met Finnis at a conference. absolutely brilliant writer and deep-thinker. also a very nice guy. The other brief writer was Finnis' student at oxford. also a nice guy. so how do two legal geniuses and two decent people find it so easy to impose birthal slavery on women as young as 10? https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/19/19-1392/185196/20210729093557582_210169a%20Amicus%20Brief%20for%20efiling%207%2029%2021.pdf

Apple and Google are already selling personal info on apps that track periods and police can monitor (without a warrant) any pertinent history searches and track within I believe it's a 5 mile radius of abortion clinics near State borders in particular. (Obviously with correlated info).

So its about becoming a police state, where pig minion police officers will enforce laws that will stir up even more unethical behaviors from their institute and prosecute over something that could even affect their own private lives.

Weak arguments or not, the constitution is an archaic legislation, drawn up by ancient historical figures, that gets used for a backbone of everything that is supposed to be just and righteous in the grand ole" US of A. Common sense should tell anyone, that it was NEVER meant to be an absolute (nothing ever is), because context is key and morals and mores shift throughout the ages.

It about preserving something that is used to keep the status quo intact, that was the intention for interpretation, and an excuse only.

The Supreme Court didn’t necessarily outlaw abortion so much as it allowed states to outlaw it. Before overturning Roe v Wade, states didn’t have the ability to ban abortion due to the court ruling allowing women seeking abortions certain protections granted to them by the court. Now states can do that.

Basically, the Supreme Court has outlawed abortion with their decision to overturn Roe v Wade. Not directly, mind you.

I live. I die. I live again.

The Supreme Court didn’t necessarily outlaw abortion
Basically, the Supreme Court has outlawed abortion
Do you know you're an idiot?

states didn’t have the ability to ban abortion due to the court ruling allowing women seeking abortions certain protections granted to them by the court. Now states can do that.
So blame the states.

US federal government provides an umbrella of protection dipshit, to prevent states from enforcing exactly what they want without any repercussions for tyranny. This is exactly what is going to happen now regarding abortion laws, because federal government can't intervene.

Yes, blame the states and those that support any sick pro-life abortion laws that are used to win over ignorant constituents such as yourself.

The anti choicers are nothing but sick fuckers who are all about controlling of women, or in this case a little girl rape victim, and don't give one shit at all about the fetus.

Dairy is rape.
Milk has pus.
Go vegan.

My password is password

Finger Me

Yeah cuz all adoptive parents wanna raise children that are products of statutory rape.

If those anti-choicers had their way, they'd force this 10 year old girl into forced birth from sexual abuse.

There are so many loaded terms in this sentence. If you feel that abortion should be legal, then you should have no problem with calling them "anti-abortionists."

But, because "abortion" means "termination" which is synonymous with "death," all very negative terms, it'll come off as pro-death which is not a good marketing gimmick for your view. Instead, you take a positive word like "choice," throw anti- in front of it, and voilà, the connotation in language has changed which may fool uneducated and impressionable readers, though the literal meaning beyond the linguistics remains exactly the same. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Two, you used forced twice, which is a double negative; so you're inadvertently suggesting they're not forcing her to give birth.

Three, force requires action, not inaction and passivity.

To *force* her to give birth means she's kidnapped and driven to the hospital when she's not ready to go yet, the doctor is held at gunpoint to deliver the baby.

Forcing does NOT mean when one makes a decision because the decision they originally wanted to do was either illegal or not offered in their area. No one's forcing someone to have acne if dermatologists were banned in their city. No one's forcing someone to have small boobs if they banned breast enhancement in their state. That's not what "force" means. At all. It's intellectually dishonest to use it this way.

If those anti-choicers had their way

She's perfectly within her rights to travel states to get an abortion, so what's the problem, here? It's up to the states. What more are you asking for?

As you can see, the state that has so-called banned abortion banned it only after six weeks.

No red state has banned it at 0 days. Six weeks is the earliest I've seen, some red states going as high as 24.

Don't you think six weeks is plenty of time to find out your pregnant and cover those bases?

I've heard people say the morning-after pill is wrong. And you're complaining about a grace period of SIX WEEKS?

How much longer do you want them to go for? Jesus effing Christ.

I Was Just Looking For Someone Who Could See What I See, Feel What I Feel.

Don't you think six weeks is plenty of time to find out your pregnant and cover those bases?

You're not a woman are you?

gender binary.

Speak english.

If you're not a woman then allow me to educate you, six weeks is not enough time.

Fuck face! It doesn't matter at what phase it is, abortion is a personal right AT ANY stage and in ANY state. Sounds like you want a 10yr old rape victim to give birth, for whatever sick reason you base your broken down logic on.

abortion is a personal right AT ANY stage and in ANY state.

Actually it's not. And I can say that factually now. HEHE.

Sounds like you want a 10yr old rape victim to give birth,

Sounds like you want to kill a child, for whatever sick reason you base your broken down logic on.

Sounds like you want to kill a child, for whatever sick reason you base your broken down logic on.

A ten year old giving birth could be catastrophic for her maybe even fatal. That would be the literal definition of killing a child for broken down logic.

And she's getting one. There's no problem. What's the issue, here? That her parents had to drive a couple more hours or that she was 3 days over her state's limit?

Not a big deal considering odds are this is the only abortion she'll get in her lifetime. She'll see some cool scenery and stop at a gift shop on the way home.

A ten year old giving birth could be catastrophic for her maybe even fatal

Then this would not even be refused in her own state. As life of the mother is exempted from the 6-week grace period, which makes this story PR stunted malarky.

Actually it is. A supreme court ruling and immoral state laws doesn't make something right or appropriate. Good luck with trying to prosecute.

So you would rather a 10yr old rape victim be forced to give birth, which could possibly kill her, because you are more concerned about some blob of fetus that is inconsequential to you. What a fucking immoral and sick broken down moronic creep you are….

Forcing a 10yo to give birth after being raped despite being under the legal age to have sex really is something.

Rape, failure of contraception, and poor quality of life should be excluded, but no, retards are running the world as usual.

My password is password

It's a good thing liberals are being so rational about this. When they aren't throwing a massive tantrum.

Conservatives are mostly decent people. Far more decent than liberals, who gain some sick high from seeing a fetus terminated.

Most people feel that around 15 weeks is a solid compromise.

Maybe liberals should concentrate on that. Instead of these scare tactics that never work.

This isn't a scare tactic, this actually happened. A 10 year old child was raped and did not have easy access to terminate this unwanted pregnancy, which is a direct result of the Supreme Court's decision. The real world consequences of our country's policies is always a valid thing to discuss.

It's a scare tactic. Liberals try to scare everyone into thinking their way. If that doesn't work they burn buildings to the ground.

*Ohio's trigger law

Stfu

😢😢😢

Jesus Christ is lord ✝️

Cnn had Kristi noem on the other day and Dana bash was asking her about this case. And it's so uncomfortable watching people try to justify this. The ones that aren't crazy fanatics always squirm.

Kristi said that we should be talking about how something like that could happen instead of what the child should do. But rape has existed forever. Children don't have to have rape babies anymore. And Kristi said that one traumatic event shouldn't cause another.

I assume she meant the abortion even though carrying a baby to term and having to either raise it or give it up might be pretty damn traumatic for a 10 year old

Fuck this place

I completely agree. This whole situation is abominable.

I dont know anything about the case except the headline to comment on it but Im glad you brought it up.

I think the man should put to the death penalty and the girl should decide after much counseling.

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.