Kyra Sedgwick : Ugliest woman on TV in a lead role???

Ugliest woman on TV in a lead role???

Seriously though, not trying to rag on her, attempting to make a serious discussion, but if she is not the ugliest woman on TV, then who? And by the way, I do mean ever, not just currently. And women hired BECAUSE they are ugly, such as to play a witch or monster don't count. Can anyone think of anyone uglier?

Re: Ugliest woman on TV in a lead role???

Teri Hatcher Nicolette Sheridan look like drug-addicts, America Ferrera (appart from ugly she shows no respect for her co-worker Blake Lively's work)

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Post deleted

You are partially correct. She is the ugliest woman on the outside. Nancy Grace is the ugliest woman on the inside.

I'm afraid the ugliest woman on the inside and out, is you. Congratulations. You won a $50 dollar shopping spree at Walmart.

hahahahaha I agree.

Perhaps on Nancy Grace, but I thin Kyra Sedgwick is naturally beauti 16d0 ful. Who do you consider beautiful other than a 16 year old or Pamela Anderson? Honestly. curiouus.

Post deleted

ewww pamela anderson is disgusting

You should have seen Pamela Anderson in her debut centerfold for Playboy. You'd definitely not go Ewwww. True, people make mistakes as they grow older, and aging whittles away at us all, we're fallible and defenseless. I rankle at your ugly comment. Pammy's always been beautiful on the inside, anyway.

OP, what a sad and even cruel thing to post. To make a public statement like that is a mean-spirited thing to do to anyone, let alone a terrific actor who works hard at creating a superb show, is someone's mother, a wife - a lovely person. I want you to know that if anyone said anything cruel about you, I would ask them to stop as well. We can be better than this, can't we?

Is "Dalbefilms" her publicist?

No, you don't have to be trained as a publicist to know that calling people ugly is a sad and mean thing to do.

And not only that she's not even close to ugly. The red lipstick is bad in the beginning, but that is cosmetics.

In total agreement. Well said. We need more respectable people like you in this world.

Abit of a cruel post,even if you think it is a 'serious discussion'.
i think everyone is beautiful in their own way and i dont think she is a particually bad looking women but i dont make judgements i wouldnt wanted passed on myself!

One thing i will say though,ive only ever seen her in Gamer so thats my only vision of her,i do think she looks older than she actually is but thats about it...

What an immature statement by the OP. People just have WAY too much time on their hands and far too many insecurities. You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. My opinion is that Kyra Sedgwick is one of the most beautiful, talented and kindhearted women on television. It just saddens me that someone would feel so insecure that they would have to make such a needlessly cruel, useless statement to make themselves feel better.

"Can anyone think of anyone uglier?"

Joan Rivers.

I was watching a true crime show - I forget which one - "Cold Case Files" - or something like that. It was about a serial killer, a guy that was killing hookers. One of the women he attacked survived and they interviewed her. When they started talking about her, they showed her (it was the actual crime victim and not an actress) crossing a dark street in a mid-shot. There was a voice over as she described the attack. Now, he didn't do anything to her face, the at 5b4 tack on her body - but when they went to a close-up of her face, in good light - well she was so damn ugly I actually screamed! My wife and my son came running to see what was wrong with me. When they saw this woman they asked me to turn the TV off - she was that bad. The only way this woman could make a living, as a street whore, required the constant use of knee pads - or that her regular cliental were blind men! Her ugliness probably saved her life. I bet when that serial killer got a good look at her face, he got scared half to death, stopped his attack and ran.

Pam Anderson is, in NO way, beautiful.

And this has anything 2000 to do with --- what, exactly?

Are you a technical illiterate? LEAD ACTOR - LEAD ACTOR.

R-E-A-D before writing a long post that isn't remotely funny....

"Seriously though, not trying to rag on her, attempting to make a serious discussion,"

I'll set aside for a moment the whole "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing, and the fact that if you poled every heterosexual male in the world, a huge majority would say that Kyra is beautiful.

In what world is this the subject for a serious discussion? Keynesian vs. Friedman economic theories is the subject for a serious discussion. The nature of the universe is the subject for a serious discussion. The ugliest woman on TV doesn't even count as a mediocre bar bet.

In what world is this the subject for a serious discussion? Keynesian vs. Friedman economic theories is the subject for a serious discussion. The nature of the universe is the subject for a serious discussion. The ugliest woman on TV doesn't even count as a mediocre bar bet.
Best.Answer.Ever.

Dr. Hofstader: Seeing patients is a waste of time.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Kyra are nose to nose in the ugly race. I am so glad I am not alone in thinking Kyra unwatchable. Thank you!

I have to agree. The not so funny thing is that I came to this board to post this question, and its already here.

Duty, Honor, Country

How can you possibly compare SJP to Kyra? I'm sure that SJP is a fine person; I've read that she is very sweet, and has a very likable personality. I'm assuming that Matthew Broderick thinks so, too! But Kyra is not only beautiful; she is endearing, as well!

Don't you just want to rub her on the head when Brenda Leigh gets so exasperated and flustered, with all her papers and that big black bag, and she flops her head down on her desk? I do! And how cute when she eats the icing from her Ding Dong off her finger! I just want to pat her on the head, tell her it will be o.k., then kick Flynn and Provenza in the ass.

She is just as cute and adorable as she can be. When I watch "Sex and the City" all I want to do when I watch those catty bitches is pour their Cosmos on top of their pretentious heads, and watch all that makeup run down their heads..

Just my thought...

p.s.. Does any one know (One the storyline) why Detective Daniels left the team? I can't remember anyone ever saying why she left...

When I see remarks such as this one or that one is ugly or homely...I always wonder how good the person posting the message must look, since they can afford to be so critical!

In other words, if you don't have anything nice to say, they don't say anything!

When I see remarks such as this one, I wonder how in the world the poster got to be so superficial. What happened to interfere with that person's moral development that he or she can't see beyond the superficial and consider what is truly important.

THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I'VE BEEN ITCHING TO SAY THAT FOR A LONG TIME : )

I agree with OP, and I wouldn't really care except that they constantly have her popping up in promos on spots during other shows on TNT. And if you think it is mean to discuss a well paid celebrity's looks on a public message board, who do you think is ultimately paying her salary - the consumers that have to see her ugly mug when the are just trying to watch some friggin' basketball!

Yes, she is ugly and has a giant mouth.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

"and the fact that if you poled every heterosexual male in the world"

If you "poled" every hetero male they wouldn't be hetero anymore I don't think...

Oh come on, like mine was the only mind that went there.

Seriously though, she's ugly as sin, truth be told. Like an old, anorexic humanoid carp or something. There's quite a few ugly actresses on popular shows at the moment. That glow-in-the-dark waife on Cold Case or whatever comes to mind, and Holly Hunter's ratty old self. And then there's trout-lipped, burnt-to-a-crisp Gabrielle Anwar over on Burn Notice they show every 5 seconds on USA.

Bout enough to make a guy (with good taste) throw up.

"If you "poled" every hetero male they wouldn't be hetero anymore I don't think... "

LMAO!!

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

hahaha!!! I love Krya, but i have to admit, she is ugly as ugly can get. My husband and my son (who is in his late 20s) also think she is dog-ass ugly.
Great actress, fit as hell, nice as can be, but ugly to the bad-ass bone!

Post deleted

jaharley , you're an ugly person inside, to even post that thread. Exactly how old are you, ten?
I think Kyra Sedgwick if very nice looking. But even if I didn't, I sure wouldn't post a thread like you did, saying "Not trying to rag on her..". And then you Do.

Teri Hatcher that was mentioned above. And all other actresses who can't say 'enough' to plastic surgery.
For example Mary McCormack's or Emily Procter's new lips are... not good.
I have no idea if Kyra uses surgery - and that's the way it should be. Duck and evil clown faces are not pretty.

I'd love to see how some of you people who are posting these really idiotic comments look.

are you stupid, she has the best body everr

Tori Spelling anyone?

In Vino Veritas.

In photographs Kyra is very pretty, and photogenic. If we'd never seen her talk she might have been considered a great beauty. But like many people on imdb have said, when she starts talking she resembles women who have lost their teeth and are using dentures. I'm glad she's found a character who works with her quirky looks, because she's very good in The Closer, and interesting to watch. To me, Charlize Theron is very pretty in pictures but when she opens her mouth she is not only average looking but in every movie except Monster, a terrible actress. I'd much rather watch Kyra than Charlize! But in answer to your question, the one lead actress who scares me is Marcia Cross as Bree Hodge. Her face is so stretched, it looks like I'm watching an evil skull! A very posh and classy evil skull, but still...

Post deleted

she's ugly like hell

IMO Kyra is georgeous.

Good thing people are entitled to an opinion and it only expresses what they themselves feel. Maybe there are others who are like-minded, but then there are people who aren't swayed by what others think either. I think that this is a stupid topic and only an insecure male who probably isn't all that great looking could even think of this. Since Kevin Bacon is happy and she's happy that's all that really matters. I think she is beautiful looking and probably has an even better personality. It makes me laugh how many people rag on others as though they themselves are such a perfect specimen. I don't recall there being a guide that says women have to fit your predujiced standards to be a leading lady. To even think of this as a serious subject makes me think that the person who started it needs to find a life in the real world.

So if this is such a stupid topic why did you comment on it?

Also, if peoples opinion only expresses what they feel themselves, are you saying you feel like an insecure male who probably isn't all that great looking? Just wondering ...

John Bob, my wife and I agree with you, and Vonnallen, very well said. I'm glad there are others out there who will stand up against cruelty. I hope those driven to be mean-spirited will find venues or people in their lives that will make them happier and kinder.

I guess what you actually want to say is:

"Isn't she the ugliest woman on TV, which is supposed to be attractive."

Yes she is. She is actually so damn ugly, I can't even look at her. Especially if she gives us that Open-Mouth-Look-How-Sexy-I-Am-Look. It's gross!

It's really crazy with some women: They play attractive and strong women, but are ugly as hell. Just see Sarah Je 111c ssica Parker, Julia Roberts and so on. And the media plays this game too. "Look how attractive she is", bla bla. And you think "yeah, maybe 50 years ago".