Star Trek : Why was Uhura black?

Why was Uhura black?

It was cutting edge at the time and that's great (First interracial screen kiss and all) but every other black person was a redshirt which isn't so great.

Where were the Hispanics (Even in The Next Generations)?

LOL. 🤡🌎

Re: Why was Uhura black?

Well, Hispanics generally don't like space travel. But I think if you look closely in the episode Shore Leave you will find a Hispanic man wooing a white redheaded chick. His name was Rodriguez. I'm sure I could find more if I really thought about it. That was just the first one that came to mind.

Maybe if Hispanics stopped entering this country illegally they would help make their own countries better. Instead of making ours worse.

And there was a black doctor who showed up in a few episodes. I notice you neglected to mention that. He was no redshirt and let's not overlook the fact the redshirts died in the line of duty.

And you also neglected to mention one of the most brilliant, though erratic, minds in all the galaxy. Dr Richard Daystrom. Shocking to me that you overlooked him.

And what about Court Martial. Did you see the brass convening that? Quite diverse!

And what if this was a predominantly black country and they invented tv and these stories, tv shows, movies. Do you think they would be any where near as accepting? Of course not. All we have to do is look at what they are doing in Africa to this day.

Except that the Mayans and Aztecs were expert astronomers. So there should have been a Hispanic on Star Trek. Illegals are being allowed to enter this country for cheap labor.

Stop being so ignorant.

Handsome Latino

Nonsense. We all there were extraterrestrials that helped them.

Now those were the true illegal aliens!

Maybe if Hispanics stopped entering this country illegally they would help make their own countries better. Instead of making ours worse.

Hear hear!

And what if this was a predominantly black country and they invented tv and these stories, tv shows, movies. Do you think they would be any where near as accepting? Of course not. All we have to do is look at what they are doing in Africa to this day.

Hear hear! The biggest invention to come out of Africa is a mud hut. Well, that and necklacing, by mandela.

Fake news.

Handsome Latino

NOT fake news. winnie mandela has had hundreds of blacks murdered by necklacing.

wait.., didn't Uhura wear a red shirt too?

30s on my Chevrolet..call me super duper! Garage like Roots I got more whips than Kunta!!!

She never left the Enterprise very often though

LOL. 🤡🌎

oh…so 'red shirts' don't die on board the Enterprise? not being a wisehead…i'm just not too trek knowledgeable

30s on my Chevrolet..call me super duper! Garage like Roots I got more whips than Kunta!!!

The bridge crew are exempt from dying during the show's run.

Scottie was also a redshirt and made it all the way to The Next Generation

LOL. 🤡🌎

my brother's name is scotty…but he's from the last generation

The final generation?

LOL. 🤡🌎

yes, but a red skirt negates the curse of the red shirt. Simple physics.

Youhura in red or gold, buna!?

Red one in Mirror Mirror, buna

You Hoora knockers seem more bigger in the gold one, hana