Anna Paquin : amazing! STILL the youngest acting Oscar holder after 17 years

amazing! STILL the youngest acting Oscar holder after 17 years

isn't it amazing that, 17 years after having won her supporting actress oscar, she still is the youngest person holding one, including male, female, lead and supporting? and with jennifer hudson (also supporting), who is 29 now too, the only ones still in their 20s?? the third youngest is this year's lead actress winner natalie portman, now 30 years old...

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: amazing! STILL the youngest acting Oscar holder after 17 years

I think what the original poster meant is that no one younger than her (i.e. born after July 24th, 1982) has won an Oscar since her, therefore making her the youngest person holding an Oscar.

exactly!! I know Tatum O'Neal won when she was 10 years old and Anna when she was 11, the fact is that since 1994 when Anna won there hasn't been anyone younger than her holding an acting oscar... that's pretty amazing to me, it's been 17 years since she won and she continues to be the youngest person holding an acting oscar right now!!!

Tatum Oneal is still alive...

Tatum Oneal is still alive...

Lol!

"I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful."

You are a retard. Basically, she is saying there hasn't been another actor since her winning that is younger than her to win one. WTF! In other words, in 17 years there hasn't been an actor to this day 'younger than her' to win an Oscar.

Shirley Temple got a Juvenile Academy Award at age 6 or 7,and Natalie Wood at age 9,both were younger than Natalie Wood.

Post deleted

Omg, this isn't that hard. She (or he) is saying that if you line up every person who has ever won an Oscar, regardless of when they won it or how old they were, Anna would be the youngest in the group. Of everyone who has won an Oscar, she's the baby of the Oscar family. The End.

lol
i don't know why there is so much confusion.

have a good day

Post deleted

exactly jen, thank u, thought I'd have to explain it one more time but u were more straight to the point than me... being the youngest of the group is not the most impressive thing per se as this can change every year, but the fact that it hasn't for the last 17 years is quite amazing... it just shows how oscars are not being given to people younger than 25 or 30 as they used to... and btw, I'm a 'he' he he

Post deleted

But she wouldn't be. If you lined up every person who has ever won an Oscar, regardless of when they won it or how old they are, Tatum O'Neal would be the youngest in the group.

What happens to a dream deferred?

NOOOO! Tatum was born in 1963 and Paquinn in 1982 which makes Paquinn the "Youngest Person" to hold an Oscar.

no, tatum is the youngest oscar WINNER, not holder, there's a difference there, please read the other posts if u care...

Re: ama
zing! STILL the youngest acting Oscar holder after 17 years

I'm gonna assume that now SuperHermione is just messing with us. No one is that clueless.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Ok, hopefuul this is the last time we have to explain this because its really not that hard. Everyone knows Tatum is the youngest person to ever win an oscar, congratulations Tatum, good work. What this thread is about is that Right Now, in 2011, if you got everyone who has ever won an oscar in a room and asked "By the way, who is the youngest person in this room?" It would be Anna Paquin who raised her hand. Tatum Oneal would not raise her hand because she is like 50 years old RIGHT NOW. And RIGHT NOW Anna Paquin is 29 or something. The original poster is just commenting on how no young people have won Oscars since Anna Paquin did. So I didn't make any mistakes in my previous posts and I was perfectly clear, you just need to pay attention. Okay? Please say you understand now because there's a quiz on Monday.

This thread is great lol...

Post deleted

And we are still not far off from AP's peers. If it was 20 years from now that would be different. And yes T.O. is still alive so although she is younger than Tatum she is not the youngest to win. She was born after Tatum but so will be the next winner and so on. That is what happens as time passes.

"Do you want to play?" --the Orphan

That's probably going to change next month, as Anne Hathaway (born Nov. 1982) is the frontrunner to win Best Supporting Actress this Oscar season.

you're right! others who could pull this off, and even younger than miss hathaway, are jennifer lawrence (b. 1990) and quvenzhané wallis (b.2003)
yeah, I guess this is gonna be miss paquin's last year holding this record, but her 19th nonetheless...

And she did. She is now currently the youngest holder.

Name:Jennifer Lawrence|Title:Silver Linings Playbook|Birth: 5b4 August 15, 1990|Awarded:February 24, 2013

Hahaha this thread is so funny, but anyways that's pretty cool.

I'm buysexual, if you buy me something, I become sexual.

Post deleted

..................................no comment. Arrghhh.

Was this really that difficult? Really? Wow.

Post deleted

Uh-hu

Thats a record that obviously will soon be broken.

I dont really care either way. I prefer an actor thats great or a movie thats fun any time over an actor that got an Oscar or a movie that got an Oscar.

True Blood for example really isnt that great. I like the genre, I like Anna, but IMHO she's not the best actor on the show and its overall slightly weaker than its contemporary concurrence, The Vampire Diaries (who arent really great either, but a tad more enjoyable, thanks to better storytelling).

---
Always listen to your own advice.

Re: Uh-hu

What movie does Lindsay Lohan deserve an Oscar for? I can't even think of one?

Me neither, but I didnt claimed she should get one, that was the poster above me.

---
Always listen to your own advice.

idiots Anna isn't the youngest person ever to be nominated for or win an acting oscar the youngest to ever be nominated was Jackie Cooper at age 9 in 1931 and the youngest to win was Tatum O'neal age 10 in 1974 for Paper Moon do your research next time

"why are you married to him then if you can't work with him how do you live with him?"

to everybody who keeps repeating tatum o'neal

shirley temple won aged 6
vincent winter won aged 7
margaret o'brien won aged 8

but they are all older than anna

trashing books is like the Special Olympics even if you win & burn them all you are still a retard.

Shirley Temple won a special oscar, not an acting oscar, so that doesnt count
Same with Vincent Winter and Margeret O Brien, so that doesnt count...

Favorite films of all time list
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls031708001

Post deleted

Of course, being the resident Anna Hater/Alexander Skarsgaard fan girl, you'll feign stupidity and act obtuse. Until next week's ceremony, Anna as of this moment is the youngest person who has an Oscar for acting-- not winner, nominee or youngest of all Oscar winners living at the moment -- just the youngest person who holds an an Oscar for acting at the moment.

For clarification for anyone who isn't Mariah or that obtuse Harry Potter fan, there are no current acting winners born after July 24, 1982 (until next week!).

This is a funny thread and I feel for anybody who tried to explain the obvious to SuperHermione, but I have to point this out (and confuse her even more, lol):

Paquin is only the youngest actor/actress to hold an Oscar, the youngest person overall is Marketa Irglova, who won Best Original Song for Once and was born in 1988.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

who cares an oscar is only fun for five minutes and nobody every remembers who won 5b4 best original song for the most part

"why are you married to him then if you can't work with him how do you live with him?"

Post deleted

oooo and being an oscar holder is such an achievement.

Post deleted

no it's being a winner thats an acheivement even if it's only fun for five minutes. Marketa won that oscar just before her 19th birthday making her the youngest winner in the best original song Catagory but the youngest winner over all is Tatum O'neal at age 10 in 1974 and the youngest if you count Juvenile oscars is Shirley Temple who was 6 when she won in 1935. the oldest female oscar winner is Jessica Tandy at nearly 81 when she won for driving Mrs Daisy in 1990 the oldest actor to win Lead Actor was Henry Fonda at age 76 in 1982

ok