Predator 2 : Poll: Rate the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

Rate the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

On a Scale from 1 (which is "Terrible") to 10 (which is "Great"), How would you yourself Rate the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" in every capacity, manner, way, shape, and form ?

10 - Great
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
1 - Terrible
0% 0 votes
I Don't Know
0% 0 votes

Re: Rate the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

9/10

Great!

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Ok, but not as good as the jungle version.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

I give it a 6/10 ⭐⭐⭐ out of 5.

It looks great that's for sure, but it really needed a bigger action star to sell it as an action/sci-fi thriller like the first one had. Glover is a fine actor, but the first Predator was able to sell itself on Arnie being the star, a lessor actor. Glover is character actor and more sidekick charisma.

I think if someone like Van Damme or Segal were heading the cast, this would have been so much more awesome and the box office would have likely increased.

I think Glover was perfectly cast because he was more of an everyman than Van Damme or Segal would've been.

I have equal regard for both movies. 10/10 for the fun of watching.

Gary Busey! Ruben Blades! Bill Paxton! Robert Davi!

Admittedly, the original will always have a special place in my heart because of how groundbreaking it was. The opening scenes are some of my favorites.

Dutch: So why don't you use the regular army? What do you need us for?
Dillon: 'Cause some damn fool accused you of being the best.
[Dutch turns around and sees Dillon sitting in a chair in another room]
Dutch: Dillon! You son of a bitch!
[They arm wrestle in mid-air during a handshake, Dillon is apparently losing the contest]
Dutch: What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils? Huh? Had enough?
Dillon: Make it easy on yourself, Dutch.

Dutch: This cabinet minister: does he always travel on the wrong side of the border?
Major General Phillips: [pause] Apparently they strayed off course. And we're fairly certain they're in guerrilla hands.

Dutch: Who's our backup?
Dillon: No such thing, ol' buddy. This is a one-way ticket. Once we cross that border, we're on our own.
Dutch: This is getting better by the minute.

Dillon: Dutch, the General's sayin' that a couple of our friends are about to get squeezed, and we can't let that happen. We need the best. That's why you're here.
Dutch: Go on.
Dillon: Simple setup. One-day operation. We pick up their trail at the chopper, run 'em down, grab those hostages and bounce back across the border before anybody knows we were there.
Dutch: Whaddya mean "we"?

Dutch: My team works alone, you know that.

Fighting a Predator creature was a novelty in the first one and Arnie was a huge drawcard. As a creature itself, it wasn't enough to sell the film. Glover wasn't an ideal name to carry the film as marquee value. He couldn't have made Lethal Weapon work without Gibson.

Had Arnie returned, or a big name action star was in the lead, we would have seen a slightly different film, but a more popular one.

Neither "marquee value" nor "big name action star" nor "more popular" are important to me in the least. I couldn't care less about how a film scores in ticket sales and popularity.

I value good writing and story development and story telling, and Predator 2 had all three in spades.

Glover (and Blades) as the everymen cops who were hit with such off-the-charts insane sights/events and were thrust into such incredulity and kept doing their job made the 2nd as good as the first for me.

My password is password

Glover wasn't an ideal name to carry the film as marquee value.
Hmmmph. The film did pretty well, IMO:

Predator
Budget - $15,000,000 (estimated)
Gross worldwide - $98,268,458

Predator 2
Budget - $35,000,000 (estimated)
Gross worldwide - $57,120,318

+ It sure looks like it's dead. Let's eat. +

Break it down with a valid point please.

The marquee value is clearly shown in the numbers. P2 didn't have the success P1 did, but it made a handsome profit. Glover did the franchise proud. His every man cop worked really well, and just so you know, I'm not approaching this from some woke perspective. The entire cast just felt believable. I think "star power" actors like Segal, Van Damme, etc. wouldn't have worked as well as Glover's portrayal.

Please define handsome profit and it what context? According to the figures you posted, it didn't even double its budget.

I like the film, but it wasn't a smash hit compared to the original and I believe Glover's casting is the main reason why.

It doesn't need to double its budget to be considered a success. I've already acknowledged the original did better.

You're off-base regarding Glover being the reason it didn't do as well. There's almost always a fall-off with sequels. Other actors may have brought more profit, but we don't have a way to quantify that.

Other than your whiny speculation, that is. It's worth exactly nothing, but it's fun watching you try to convince us that it is.

Well, this sequel fell right off…

People went to see it, but not in the same droves as the first and not as many as they would have anticipated. It bombed due to its higher budget and some sequels do make better returns than the original. Even with a lower budget, it would have still failed, because it didn't have a mega action star in the lead.

People went to see it, but not in the same droves as the first and not as many as they would have anticipated. It bombed due to its higher budget and some sequels do make better returns than the original. Even with a lower budget, it would have still failed, because it didn't have a mega action star in the lead.
You're talking in circles and getting nowhere.

Speculation is like that.

Live and learn, huh?

Tell me why the film didn't live up to box office expectations of the first then?

Tell me why the film didn't live up to box office expectations of the first then?
I have no idea and I'm humble enough and intelligent enough to admit that.

You, however, think so highly of yourself while being too stupid to realize you have no realistic idea why it didn't have the same success as the original, will probably continue thinking you know exactly why….. until you're six feet under.
Good for you. *pats you on head*

I have no idea and I'm humble enough and intelligent enough to admit that.
Case point in question, you haven't had much idea from the start. You are not humble enough to admit Glover was part of the main reason why it didn't live up to box office expectations.

I'd say you are just looking for attention now, because of it. Very ignoble of you….

You are not humble enough to admit Glover was part of the main reason why it didn't live up to box office expectations.
Your lack of logic and reason is showing.

Think about it; why would I "admit" to your speculative opinion?

Derp

Think about it; why would I "admit" to your speculative opinion?

Because you can't acknowledge the truth, even if based on a subjective opinion that as far as I'm concerned is pretty much spot on.

Do you think its not virtuous enough to claim Glover was part of the reason for the less than stellar box office results?

Because you can't acknowledge the truth, even if based on a subjective opinion that as far as I'm concerned is pretty much spot on.
Speculative opinion is not truth.

You're never gonna get it, Einstein.
Do you think its not virtuous enough to claim Glover was part of the reason for the less than stellar box office results?
You're still trying to put opinions in my mouth. Dumbass.

Speculative opinion is not truth.
Speculative opinion does not provide fact, but it opens the door to truth.

You're still trying to put opinions in my mouth. Dumbass.

Well express your opinions with more lucidity and insight than you are currently displaying, so I can know why you take umbrage to Glover's casting in this film being called out.

Speculative opinion does not provide fact, but it opens the door to truth.
The great Maharishi Mahesk Yogi speaks.
Well express your opinions with more lucidity and insight than you are currently displaying, so I can know why you take umbrage to Glover's casting in this film being called out.
You have supplied the umbrage here. I'm plenty lucid, you just can't absorb the fact you're speculating, and speculation isn't fact.

You're showing your obstinate side all through these posts and you have nothing to be obstinate about.

Speculation. Look it up, Daniel Webster.

Of course its a speculation, suggesting why the film didn't live up to the first. I don't believe it's far of the mark either. What is your speculation? I'm still waiting…..

I don't believe
Great! You've found another way to express the fact you're just speculating!
What is your speculation? I'm still waiting…..
Enjoy your wait. As I told you, I'm humble enough and intelligent enough that I have no desire to play your speculation game.

Wake up, bro.

Enjoy your wait. As I told you, I'm humble enough and intelligent enough that I have no desire to play your speculation game.

As I thought, not much you can offer, beyond my superior and fine tuned insight.

Waking up to you, would be waking up to nightmare. No thanks, yet your shortsighted and pathetic need to justify your distortion has been amusing….

As I thought, not much you can offer, beyond my superior and fine tuned insight.
You sound like Warren now. Patting yourself on the back.

Good job, TC. There's a career in opinion writing ahead for you. You should last at least a week.

I'm still trying to ascertain what your opinion is, apart from how dare someone make a valid point about Glover's presence in the Predator 2 and how it was a HUGE contributing factor to affecting box office returns.

You would have a fine career in politics, evading what is obvious and side-winding like a snake…..

I'm still trying to ascertain what your opinion is
You already have my opinion; you think speculation is truth and I know it isn't. You're stuck.
how dare someone make a valid point
You also have an erroneous opinion of yourself if you think you've made a single valid point in this thread.

Or in any of the other threads about P2 in which you're whining about Glover.

It's ok fanny fanboy, you have every right to feel insulted and indignant, because Glover failed to carry your pride and joy to lofty heights:

Schwarzenegger Predator 2

Swayze Predator 2

Van Damme Predator 2

Stallone Predator 2

Segal Predator 2

All works in with the tough guy action hero image.

Glover comes on board and we just get: Predator 2….

You continue to find new ways to whine.

None of them are worth posting, but you post them anyway.

You continue to whine about my whining, because you don't like what you are hearing.

This is your entitlement, to have others agree with you, and when you counter the point, you don't make a very good insightful argument.

Quit while you're NOT ahead….

I'm not whining, I'm mocking you.

It's getting progressively easier as you repeat yourself, think speculation is truth, and do many other stupid things like this that you think are clever:
Quit while you're NOT ahead….

I'm not whining, I'm mocking you.
Its not working, sunshine!

Speculation born out of a fine-honed insight, something you lack.

Oh, it's working.

It's getting under your skin so deeply you can't think straight.

As evidenced by your constant petulant replies which are not advancing your position. You're just repeating yourself like a talking parrot.

Thanks for the bump, btw.

Thanks for the bump, btw.
You're very welcome and since you keep responding to make some lame ass point, this is going to go on and on. I have all day and night.

you keep responding to make some lame ass point
Project much, bean counting freak?

Glover's casting didn't strike the jackpot in Predator 2….

Glover's casting didn't strike the jackpot in Predator 2….
you keep responding to make some lame ass point
Project much, bean counting freak?

How many faceplants can you do?

How many faceplants can you do?
How many can Glover do for not igniting the box office?

Well, you did one more.

I think you answered my question. You can always do one more.

What a fizzer Glover made of Predator 2 at the box office. Not his fault, but he was miscast as a LEAD to carry the film to glory fanboy.

What a fizzer Glover made of Predator 2 at the box office. Not his fault, but he was miscast as a LEAD to carry the film to glory fanboy.
Boring, repetitive, whiny nonsense. ^

So tell me genius, why did it fizz?

Boring, repetitive, whiny, bean counting question. ^

Errrr! Because you can’t admit it…

You're delusional.

I'm not the one in denial about my race.

Now don't forget…

TC, the defeated whiny bean counter shows his anger. ^