Politics : Contradictions of the left

Re: Contradictions of the left

The right to fucking live obviously. Are you retarded?

Whom has the right to live, over what and above and who dictates this?

Does just living give you the right to life when it can be snuffed out at any given time which you don't really have any control over? One cannot control what another person does either as much as they may try, regarding a potential human being they are carrying. That life is irrelevant to yours.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Rights come with responsibility and a fetus, even animals, have no responsibility

I have never heard this formulation before, and I don't think that it's correct.

I think most reasonable people see animals, and also incapacitated or severely disabled people, as deserving of some rights, such as life and not being subjected to unnecessary pain, even though they cannot take on responsibilities.

Rights do not come from responsibility.

I think that you are confusing the much more intuitive and sensible argument that most people should have both rights and responsibilities in our society - not just rights.

Well, we can say animals have rights, but isn't that to make us feel better about ourselves? What are these rights anyway, who makes them up and where do they stem from?

Where are the animals rights when humans slaughter them for food being at the top of the food chain? Anyone who claims to be an animal lover and is then a carnivore, is in reality full of phony contradictions.

Rights are just idealistic terms made up, legislated and even considered legal. They are abstract for the most part and responsibility is something that is intuitive and comes naturally. Its born out of action.

There are always going to be exceptions and anomalies that crop up, yet is someone mistreating a disabled person say, about rights for the disabled person, or just a lack of responsibility from the perp? Rights aren't going to change how another person may choose to act.

I think that many people who wrestle with this issue would agree with you that rights are social constructs, and then legal constructs. Rights are powers that we think people (and other beings) should have, usually based on some version of The Golden Rule.

One of the key questions here is how and when would the rights of the fetus trump the rights of the mother. if you are scrupulously honest about it, there are few easy answers to questions in these cases.

The golden rule is pretty much do unto others as you would expect them to do unto you. Most mature and developed people in their right, (no pun intended ), mind would act in the most appropriate manner as each situation dictates or unfolds. One can only act in the moment too.

As for your question about rights of a fetus trumping the mother's, the only obvious and "real" answer would be they don't, especially if these said rights are just born out of construct and don't really exist. The rest just becomes about personal judgements/condemnations and bureaucratic power-play in some arenas.

The golden rule is pretty much do unto others as you would expect them to do unto you.
This was always a core tenet of our culture, so naturally it's been torn down.

It's no longer considered morally acceptable to treat others as you'd like to be treated. Now you have to try and guess how they'd like to be treated. And if you get it wrong, you're "tone deaf", "uneducated", guilty of "hate speech", and basically persona non grata.

You don't eat the flesh of animals. Is that because you don't agree with how they are treated?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I only eat little puppies and kittens….😈

Partly ethical reasons and the rest is more holistic with me.

I admire those who abstain. I'm a bit of a glutton

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Anyone who claims to be an animal lover and is then a carnivore, is in reality full of phony contradictions.

Yes.

He's confused. Not unusual, for him.

In order to have rights, somebody has to be responsible for them. The right to clean drinking water, for example, becomes the government's responsibility to provide it.

It's a simple concept. Not sure why so many people here are unable to grasp it.

There are no rights. There are only promises, and those can, and often are, broken. Especially when times get tough.

Today, we are even seeing the right to a fair trial being taken away. And not just by the courts. Many people are now being convicted by social media jurors and corporate judges who, between them, hand out sentences that take away hard earned livelihoods without any due process.

They're against executing Murderers and other scum who are guilty, but in favor of killing innocent unborn babies! The bastards!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! Fuck Biden and Fuck Putin! 😎 Slava Ukraini!

How would one define innocent though and under what guise? Innocent from what?

An unborn baby is innocent of everything.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! Fuck Biden and Fuck Putin! 😎 Slava Ukraini!

Well technically, its got nothing to be innocent of, because it hasn't been born and isn't sentient.

Still innocent.

Still lame.

Still innocent.

Stillborn.

Still innocent.

Stilllife

They've been indoctrinated by their enemies.

They've been brainwashed by their Leftard allies.

If you somehow knew or were psychic and could tell with no doubt that fetus was going to grow up and be a murderer only to be executed later on would you want it aborted to prevent a murder?

If you are offended by anything I share that is your fault.
I am not responsible for your wittle hwurt fweelings from what I post.

That's a nonsensical question because neither I, nor anyone else is psychic.