The Expanse : Thoughts on the new season of the Expanse?

Thoughts on the new season of the Expanse?

Just started.

Still my ultimate example of a tv show being better than the books.

Re: Thoughts on the new season of the Expanse?

bump?

I'm on season 3

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Are you enjoying it?

I have a first cousin who played an OPA baddie in season 2.

It's sort of meh. I'm not really quite sure why I keep watching it except that I feel so invested, time-wise. Why do all the belters sound like they were born in Jamaica? Eh boss man?

That's cool that you have a relative who played an OPA. Did the baddie have a name?

I'm still pissed off at the new captain of the Behemoth. Two-faced, as well as his little gopher runt with the Maori-type tats on the left side of his face.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Character's name was Edin.

LoL, yes the Jamaican thing, that sucks.

My favourite character remains Drummer.

Drummer is awesome! also Bobbie is a fav.

thanks for the reminder tho that the new season has started. love that show!

suck it.

My favourite is still Amos!

^^ That was a great scene! I saw that one coming.

Not sure so far. I was trying to watch it whilst fucked with the flu this week, and only got onto ep 2.

I think it's maybe had its day. Marco Inaros is overplayed and boring.

I move away from the mic to breathe in

how did u like the S5 finale? i just rewatched it and it was really great on rewatch. RIP and all!

onto S6 now gosh i love the intro and the theme song sm…

&ab_channel=syfynity

suck it.

fucking amazing

suck it.

Finished it tonight. It was absolutely terrible, but the show's still a solid 8/10 overall.

I liked it. Didn't love it. It felt too streamlined which, obviously it was as it was only 6 episodes. I'd have liked it to have been more fleshed out but I think they got the story told in the time they had. I'm not entirely sure what that whole unresolved story line with the protomolecule and the "dogs" bringing people back to life was though. Or why they felt they needed to have that in the show

Re: spoilers: my understanding is this opens it up to a spinoff (etc).

I don't know if I want to see a spin-off to a sub plot that bored me tbh. On the subject of spin offs though, have you seen the trailer for Vikings: Valhalla? What did you think?

I honestly gave up on Vikings ages ago, so lost there.

I'm a big fan of the last kingdom (read all the books).

I added them to my bookshelf a couple years ago and still haven't gotten around to reading them. The last season wasn't exactly the best either.

They're a mission.

I've also bought the first Dune book after watching the movie yesterday and enjoying it.

I knew nothing about Dune prior, but Villeneuve and Zimmer 🥵.

A friend of mine is reading the Dune stories. I never bothered with them because I heard the author died before completing them and the posthumous releases were terrible. I don't know how true that is though.

(Going off tangent) You seen this? Watched ep 1 and it's extremely authentic

Yeah seen it. Thought it was really good. Martin Freeman was excellent. Reminded me a lot of Stephen Graham for obvious reasons.

Lmao yeah I posted in another topic that role was surely written for him.

I felt exactly the same way. They coulda used another 2 episodes to flesh things out but ultimately I am not invested enough to care. It was solid.

I see.

I'm maybe using over-egging it lol saying 'absolutely terrible', but it was a 5-6/10 ending to an 8.5/10 level show IMO.

Very, very rushed: I got the impression they had major covid issues and just wanted it all finished asap.

There were a few unresolved story lines but watching the formation of a transport union more than made up for any shortcomings. What an exciting and satisfying end. I'm tempted to write off the unresolved stories as filler but they also prevented a deus ex machina by giving a little explanation for the ring eating the bad guys.