Michael Jackson : Farewell Michael Jackson Board

Farewell Michael Jackson Board

It's been fun.

Re: Farewell Michael Jackson Board

I haven't posted here in years but must admit, it's a shame the message boards won't be on IMDB any more. This was the first board I regularly posted on. I had always been a lifelong MJ fan but after he died, I guess I wanted an outlet to talk with other fans and found this one. This board certainly had its ups and downs but for the most part it was fun, you're right. I'll miss the IMDB boards!

Think, McFly. Think!

Hi, T-D! You were definitely a favorite! The MJ board was rocking back in 2010. About 30-50 regulars posting multiple times every day. Literally hundreds of posts every day. Then there was a huge argument, and it has never recovered. I had great fun!! Best wishes, all!!!

Scariest words in English: Were from the federal government and were here to help. R. Reagan

Do you remember what the argument was about? Just the standard "MJ was a pedo!" "No he wasn't!" 7ec stuff?

I wasn't around back then, so I'm curious haha

Snooze! Good to hear from you, hope all is well with you.

Yep, totally agree, 2009/2010 - This board was great. Were there trolls around? Sure, but the fans definitely outnumbered them.

What was the huge argument?

Think, McFly. Think!

Hi, T-D and "Novalich" :)

What I remember is that one poster gave advise to a younger poster which a lot of people regarded as inappropriate, and there was a huge pile-on against the poster who gave the advice. And then others came to her defense, and it was a huge mess. The argument lasted several days, and the board never recovered. Sad. :(

Various people I remember from back in the day:

- circlesquaretriangle
- Amsterdamgirl
- The poster from Scotland

One problem is when people change their screennames.

It would be nice if everyone signed off over the next 2 weeks, for old time's sake.

Scariest words in English: Were from the federal government and were here to help. R. Reagan

Hi Snooze: The 2 posters from Scotland that I know of are Jason and Tigereyes. Tiger and I keep in touch.
I remember Amesterdamgirl and circlesquaretriangle as well as pollka, Twilightandshadow.

Too bad the imdb posting boards are coming to an end, several of us from the F&D board signed on to the imdb clone but the trolls have been showing up there. We also have a google group board that is starting up. I'm sure there are a lot of Michael Jackson boards out there. Some posters have gone to IMdb Facebook so there are places out there .

I'm a nasty woman.
I will never let you part, for you are always in my heart: MJ
turn to page 394: Snape (nasty woman)

Right, Twilightandshadow!

And there was LImom, or something like that.

And a nice man who had a grand-stepdaughter he once wrote about was having issues. And I seem to recall he had serious medical problems, back or something.

And hi, K4K! :)

LIMOM quit all the boards completely a few years ago due to a very sad tragedy in her life.

Hi....I remember when you started posting and when you stopped coming by as often. The poster from Scotland is/was TigerEyes and I still have her e-mail. There was someone called Marquis of Queensborough. I remember the guy with the stepdaughter and Polka was super.....she posted some terrific pictures and articles. Somebody posted a link to a naked picture or something and they were kicked off the board but I can't remember who. They came back with a changed name though.
I changed my name for some reason one time and I can't remember the old one.

Johnny Carson: "It's been so hot lately that Michael Jackson is wearing a seersucker glove."

Hi, K4K, yes, TigerEyes! And Marquis was the other guy I was trying to remember.

That someone who posted a naked pic link may have been me! It wasn't here, though. It was on the Deliverance board. I wasn't kicked off. I had all of my posts deleted. And my quota for posting was bumped up from 30 seconds to 1 hour! It goes down every so often, and now, 6 years later, it's back down to 2 minutes. Just in time for the grand closing of the boards!

So that was you! You bad boy! I do remember you talking about your posting quota. However, I think that someone else....a female did that too and she changed her name and came back. But I would not swear to it.
Jean-Luc_34 is the one who had the granddaughter who had surgery. He posted on here recently

Johnny Carson: "It's been so hot lately that Michael Jackson is wearing a seersucker glove."

Jean-Luc_34 said Snoozy"! I hope he's well! Brilliant writer!

Thanks for letting me know. :)

And Bloom6000 your screenname definitely looks familiar to me too.

Oh, yeah, and there was Ronan too...

Is Ronan not on this board anymore? I feel like he changed his name several times...to avoid detection..

Think, McFly. Think!

Just because someone isn't a fan that doesn't make them a troll your narrow minded opinion that only your opinion is right and anyone who disagrees with you is a troll proves you can't debate.

I've always been very open to anyone having a differing opinion to mine and having a conversation based on said opinions. I couldn't care less if someone dislikes MJ and wants to waste their own time in an attempt to feel important in their otherwise meaningless life by spreading their negative opinion. But if someone is spreading nonsensical hate on a discussion board, spreading racism, bully 5b4 ing posters and generally trying to make others feel like s*** because they're so insecure and need that to make themselves feel good; then sorry bub, but they are trolls. Apologies if you think you fall into that category Ace, judging by your reply to me, it feels like you do.

Think, McFly. Think!

The only bullying is from fans who call everyone who disagrees with them trolls and it's these self important fans who in the past have ganged up on people like me and others who dare to question their beliefs. The Jackson fandom are the biggest bullies on imdb.

The only bullying is from fans who call everyone who disagrees with them trolls

I've never labelled anyone who disagrees with me a troll. At worst, they might be misinformed but they're entitled to their own opinion, no matter what it is.

it's these self important fans who in the past have ganged up on people like me

If you felt you were being ganged up on; you either continue to put forth your opinion in an intelligent manner or use your Ignore button. It's pretty simple.

The Jackson fandom are the biggest bullies on imdb.

Yet, you came at me and claimed my opinion was 'narrow minded' and that apparently I can't debate because I said there were trolls around on this board in 2009/10? Right..ok...

It works both ways.

Think, McFly. Think!

I agree that not being a fan does not make a person a troll. On the F&D board we had a poster who personally attacked another poster , it went on for over a month and when the poster who was attacked deleted his account, the "troll" proceeded to try to destroy the F&D board , this "troll" kept changing its account name and even admitted on another board that since they destroyed a poster , they were going to destroy the F&D board next. Didn't happen and administration finally stepped in. This behavior went on for over a month. Its this type of poster that has been bringing the IMDb boards down.

I always thought you were so FUNNY! I was here then but I don't remember the argument you are talking about......what was it.
Of course there has always been bickering on and off....Thank goodness for the ignore button.

First one I posted on too. I will miss it.

K4K; How's everything with you?

Think, McFly. Think!

Just fine. My stepdad was in the hospital and passed away about a year ago but it was not a great shock because he was 88.
I do not post as much as before but it had become a habit to come on here and at least check out some of the new posts.
I go on some of the other boards once in a while but not as much as here.

Maybe enough petitions will go around to chance their stance on this.

Sorry to hear about your stepdad.

Yeah I was similar, I would browse every so often but it felt so quiet here compared to when I first started positing on this board.

It would be nice if the petitions changed the minds of those in charge, but I can't help but feel that they made the announcement and the final date so close together because they didn't want to give people the chance to protest and petition. But who knows...stranger things have happened!

Think, McFly. Think!

but I can't help but feel that they made the announcement and the final date so close together because they didn't want to give people the chance to protest and petition.

That is good point and you are probably right....but maybe not!

Goodbye everyone. The imdb boards was great fun for me, for so many years. I'm going to miss this place.

So will I....

The Michael Jackson board was great. I have no regrets and am glad I was able to participate and meet so many like minded folks on the web.

Likewise, hope you're well Mijac!

Think, McFly. Think!

Doing fantastic, and glad you were on the MJ board!

I agree and most of them did not find it necessary to post personal insults. Unfortunately, it is the bad apples who have brought us to this situation.
I signed the petition and hope there will others and it just might help.

Haven't posted here since probably 2011 but the MJ board gave me life long friendships for which i'll always be grateful. It really is a shame that they're ridding the site of all the message boards. Even to this day, though I don't post anymore, I enjoy coming here and reading the threads after watching a movie or tv s 5b4 how.

^^^Nice sight to see, OF3!

So do I. Hate to see it end. 16d0

I hardly ever post here - I used to be novalich.

Ah Nova! Hope you're well.

Think, McFly. Think!

I'm well, just getting old. Hope you are doing good. There were great times on this board but you know the old saying "all good things must come to an end"

Aren't we all! I'm well thank you. A bittersweet feeling to see this board again and seeing some lovely familiar faces but knowing that it'll be gone soon. Really think IMDB are making a mistake; I loved browsing the various message boards here, so it is disappointing for sure.

Think, McFly. Think!

Yes it has.....

I've been coming to this Michael Jackson board since 2007. Fun times all the way. Will really miss these boards.