Star Wars : In what order do you prefer the SW Trilogies

In what order do you prefer the SW Trilogies

Spin offs don't count.

Just the:
Original Trilogy (OT)
Prequel Trilogy (PT)
Current Trilogy (CT)

For me it is:
OT The best of the three out of all three!

PT As bad as it was with Jar Jar among so many other things at least it was more original than Rise Sky which is why I place the

CT in third.
I will never understand why they killed off Luke.
Han and Leia I get but Luke was just sitting there!

Re: In what order do you prefer the SW Trilogies

Original
Current
Prequel

Just the original. I think the rest all failed badly to capture the spirit of the first.

Is there an order you would rank the other two or would you call it even.

Or think of it this way.
If you were alone on a deserted island and a crate washed up on shore with a solar powered DVD player and monitor and you found the PT or CT in there which one is it or would you throw them in the ocean?

Toss 'em both. :D

I figured you would!

Completely agree. I loved the original trilogy. The other two.. Nope. Dead flat.

“You know, the Egyptians used to worship cats.” Hermione

Flat and heartless.

Seriously!! No…. I mean NO chemistry with the characters. No connection.

“You know, the Egyptians used to worship cats.” Hermione

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱 Let's go, Brandon!

There are only TWO Star Wars trilogies.

They say apathy is the greater evil. If that is true then I could well BE the Devil.

And which ones would those be?

The George Lukas ones. The Disney abominations are as Star Wars as 'Cuban' cigar made in the Dominican Republic.

They say apathy is the greater evil. If that is true then I could well BE the Devil.

While I understand and agree with the first part, I cannot relate to the second since I have never tried cigars from either region and cannot compare.

I understand that Cuban cigars are famous but what I don't get is what is it that makes them so famous.
Would I really notice a taste difference between a Cuban and anything else or is it because they are banned it leads to the mystery and intrigue that gives them a desire?

Are cigars from the DR really bad and awful?

I am an occasional cigar smoker and I like Backwoods which is what I prefer after I tried plain ones.

I was told to "lighten up" so I ate a lit candle.

I dont smoke at all but the point is that knockoffs suck. Especially when someone is messing with a beloved franchise.

Even worse is how Disney snubbed an enormous part of the fanbase by declaring so much fan created content as non canon.

The Thrawn trilogy in particular was a masterpiece.

Original Trilogy

Sequel Trilogy

Prequel Trilogy

Start here -

Then decide where you want to go from there

Maybe try these 3 -

Too Hot To Handle…irl

Mine would be the same order as yours.

Same order as you.

You have to give the prequels credit for one thing, though: they are someone's personal, slightly eccentric, vision. He was making the movies he wanted to make and damn everyone else if they wanted something different. Good for him.

If you wanna give the PT credit in that way, go ahead though don't expect a lot of agreement because of just how gawd awful they were with the acting and the complicated storyline of trade and other SW politics among other things that made them so bad.
The only thing I give credit to the PT for is how much more original they were from the CT.

Luca$h was smarter to step aside for the last two in the OT to let others do the screenplay and directing which is why they are as good as they are.

If you wanna give the PT credit in that way, go ahead though don't expect a lot of agreement because of just how gawd awful they were with the acting and the complicated storyline of trade and other SW politics among other things that made them so bad.

The acting was definitely bad–especially in The Clone Wars–but I'm one of the few who appreciated the more complicated political storylines.

I was also sort of counting on the prequels having that sort of content given the nuggets that had been dropped starting with the Alan Dean Foster novelization of the first film.

Original trilogy. I saw two out of the three prequels and thought they stunk. I'm not going to even bother watching the last three Star Wars films.

Leoda Richards. The little old grandma lady who was in everything.

http://movie-dude.com/1Actors%20Pages/Leoda%20Richards.htm

I just chalk up the PTs as being dreams and nightmares of Luke.
It is the only way to make sense of them to explain the BS that is part of them.

Doctor Spock (1981)
Doctor Spock Returns (1984)
Doctor Spock Returns Again (1987)

Original. Only the original. The remainder suck dried up monkey tit.

To be fair, only the first two movies of the original trilogy were excellent. The Ewok outing in the third movie was childish and silly.

The original trilogy are the only good ones. The other two are abominations, particularly the last ones.