The Watercooler : Was at a dept. store today and was asked if wanted senior's discount WTF?!

Was at a dept. store today and was asked if wanted senior's discount WTF?!

I asked the cosmetician if I could bring back my receipt before she rang me up since I didn't have my rewards card on me.

She replied:

"Do you mean for seniors discount?"

Me: excuse me? And what age is it offered at anyway? (most places it's 65+ here, but a few 55+.

She got all frustrated and turned red LOL

No, no I didn't understand.

Meanwhile she's got a very thick accent, Polish is my guess.

I then said, "I guess this brand isn't workin' huh?"

..and left without buying it.

How the hell did she think I was asking for a senior's discount anyway?

🥵

French/Métis/Scottish

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

🧓 ¡¿Was at a dept. store today and was asked if wanted senior's discount WTF?!

I've been a senior for a long time and usually have to remind the clerks that I am due a senior discount.

Kroger has the right idea, they put your senior status on your card.

[center] [hr] [poll multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

From what I heard Kroger discontinued senior discounts earlier this year. Double coupons too.

If the info is on your card, how did it even work? Seems you could just use the self checkout and someone elses card, or one filled out with false info. Did a theft supervisor have to come over and approve the discount or what?

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

I don't have the card anymore, but it is connected to an old phone number that I still use. A recent ad doesn't mention the Wednesday senior discount they had here for years. It's been a while since I shopped there. I only had to prove my age when I signed up.

Even more rare nowadays are rainchecks, because of supply problems. ¿Anyone still giving them out?

[center] [hr] [poll multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

I turned 55 this past June, and I've not asked any of the places if they offer a discount for 55+.

I just wanted points for their reward system.

French/Métis/Scottish