Best and Worst : Rank the Harry Potter Movies and also Star Wars…

Rank the Harry Potter Movies and also Star Wars…

If you feel like it. I want to see what your opinions are.

Also which series did you prefer as a whole with taking all the movies from each into consideration?

Re: Rank the Harry Potter Movies and also Star Wars…

I have never seen any Harry Potter movies, but in the Star Wars series the original 3 are the only ones worth watching.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱 Let's go, Brandon!

HP from best to last (all great though and prefer it as a whole):

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Half Blood Prince
4. Deathly Hallows 2
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Sorcerer's Stone
7. Deathly Hallows 1
8. Chamber of Secrets

Star Wars:

1. Return of the Jedi
2. A New Hope
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Force Awakens
7. Rise of Skywalker
8. Phantom Menace
9. Last Jedi

Never saw Solo and Rogue One was a borefest and fell asleep through most of it.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I have only seen the first Harry Potter movie and I didn't pay a lot of attention to it.

1. Empire Strikes Back
1. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Phantom Menace
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Force Awakens
8. Last Jedi

Harry Potter is garbage. The original Star Wars movies are far better.

I never saw any of the "HARRY POTTER" Movies, I am just not interested.

1. The Force Awakens

2. Return of The Jedi

3. The Rise of Skywalker

4. Rogue One

5. Revenge of The Sith

6. The Empire Strikes Back

7. A New Hope

8. The Last Jedi

9. Attack of The Clones

10. The Phantom Menace

11. Solo

2 of the sequel trilogy in the top 3? I would put those near the bottom.

1. Empire
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
-
-
-
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Last Jedi
6. Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Force Awakens
9. Rise of Skywalker

"2 of the sequel trilogy in the top 3? I would put those near the bottom."

—————————-

Okay, Congratulations!

You have every right to rank them however you wish to rank them and if you want to put those near the bottom then you have every right to do that and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I myself also have every right to rank them however I wish to rank them and I am not going to put those 2 Sequel Trilogy Movies near the bottom. I have them in My Top 3 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that either.

I have not seen any of the Harry Potter.

I can't get into fantasy franchises like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, and Lord of the Rings. They bore me to tears. I've tried and I don't get it, I don't understand it, I don't get it.

I think that Star Wars is actually a bad film - and its badness is disguised by its cult following and popularity. George Lucas himself released so many different edits of the thing.

If we strip Star Wars of everything we know about Star Wars other than the film itself - we're left with a film about a guy and a large ape who moans weird, with aliens that have no consistency but range from looking like puppies, teddy bears, and Slimer from Ghostbusters, with an inconceivable plot that doesn't make any sense. It's a glossed up NeverEnding Story.

Study your prey thoroughly, and choose only those who will prove susceptible.

I actually can't get into most sci-fi/fantasy movies either with the exception of HP, SW & Back to the Future. LOTR bored me as did Hunger Games.

If we strip Star Wars of everything we know about Star Wars other than the film itself - we're left with a film about a guy and a large ape who moans weird

LOL that was actually pretty funny, but there is a lot more to the story than that.

I kinda like them in the order they were released. I know I found half blood prince kinda boring, so that can be at the bottom, but the rest go in order.

I tried to watch them recently with my son, but he's just not interested yet. Even despite me going all out and buying him a harry potter gown.

Harry is kid stuff.
Star Wars is only good for the first 3 filmed.

Only the first 2 HP films were kid-like. The rest get darker and more adult.

Did someone mention me ?

Jesus Christ is lord ✝️

1. Half-Blood Prince
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Deathly Hallows: Part I
7. Deathly Hallows: Part 2
8. Order of the Phoenix

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Last Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi
6. Rogue One
7. The Phantom Menace
8. The Force Awakens
9. Attack of the Clones
10. The Rise of Skywalker

1. The Order of the Phoenix - better movie than book imo, it's my favourite of the series. I like the way the death eaters are portrayed, the death of Sirius Black was hearbreaking. Grimauld Place is awesome. Luna Lovegood too 💕

2. The Prisoner of Azkhaban - A great storyline, the time travel, the Marauder's Map, the story of Wormtail, Mooney, Padfoot and Prongs. The story of Peter Pettigrew and how Sirius took the rap. My only problem with the film is that there should have been more explanation of the map and why it was created. I think it I hadn't read the books it may have been confusing.

3. The Chamber of Secrets - Funny and scary, this is where we meet the young Tom Riddle.

4. The Half-Blood Prince - I didn't rate this too much at first but it's grown on me a lot. A surprising amount happens.Too many spoilers to write too much

5+6. The Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 - could have been one film rather than two, lots of wandering around looking for Horcrux.

7. The Goblet of Fire - only really worth watching for the final 15 minutes. Emma Watson's appalling acting is especially evident in her temper tantrum with Won Won!

8. The Philosopher's Stone - good but feels childlike now.

With that said, all are watchable and the adult actors are fantastic. Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, not so much.
I do hope they get remade one day.

Bye

I loved the 2nd half of Order of the Phoenix more so than the 1st. It dragged a little with all the Harry trial and Umbridge stuff, but shined the 2nd half. I agree the death scene was very sad.

Prisoner of Azkaban was probably my fave, and I did love the backstories.

Half Blood Prince I wasn't impressed at first, but it really has become one of my faves with the whole Dumbledore/Harry/Snape story.

I agree about Deathly Hallows, Part 1. Part 2 was excellent - especially the whole Snape Pensieve part.

I really loved Goblet of Fire and I seem to be in the minority in this view lol.

Yes both PS and COS feel very kid-like more so than the rest.

I never read the books, but I think the movies sometimes can get confusing when they don't go into great detail like they do in books. Like there will be a scene a
and not a lot of explanation of why something or someone reacted the way they did.

I would really love to see more movies made with the backstories of Tom Riddle young and then go into Lupin, James, Sirius, Peter, and Snape in their early years as well.

Funny how we both changed our mind about HBP! When I first read it, I think I was too impatient to get to the end of the story which was just one book away. I appreciate it more now and the importance of many of the threads contained.

I do like GoF but for me it's just too much about that competition, too much is made of the teen angst with Ron, Harry and Herminone too. Then there's Cedric Diggory, whose only reason for existing as a character was to get killed in the graveyard! But as I said the final 15 minutes or so makes it so worth it, when we get to see the Graveyard ritual.

I never read the books, but I think the movies sometimes can get confusing when they don't go into great detail like they do in books. Like there will be a scene a
and not a lot of explanation of why something or someone reacted the way they did.

Yes, as I said before, I think Prisoner of Azkaban is guilty of this. It's not really properly explained who Moony, Padfoot, Prongs and Wormtail are, why they exist and the relevance of the map. Maybe it is? I'd read the book before the film so was able to fill in gaps. I still love it, I love Tim Spall as Scabbers aka Wormtail and it's amazing to think that JK introduced characters like Scabbers right from the beginning and we just see him as Ron's rat!

Part 2 was excellent - especially the whole Snape Pensieve part.

The Snape pensieve reveal is heartbreaking, then the scene where we find that Harry, as an adult, gives his son the name Severus…sniff. I cried!

I would really love to see more movies made with the backstories of Tom Riddle young and then go into Lupin, James, Sirius, Peter, and Snape in their early years as well.

Me too, especially the Tom Riddle story, the books go into his family story in a big way. I actually agree with Snape, James Potter never comes across as a likeable character!

Did you watch The Fantastic Beasts movies and what did you think?
Who are your favourite HP characters?

Bye

I have a question since I never read the books: Did Cedric Diggory's character appear before GOF? Because in the movies he didn't appear till then. Same with Cho Chang. Same with Luna in Order of the Phoenix.

I never saw Fantastic Beasts, but should probably give it a watch. I know it was kind of a prequel to HP but I don't think there are any characters I can relate to. But I think I will check it out.

My favorite characters from HP are Snape (knowing everything we know after the last film), Dumbledore and Sirius Black. But they did make Snape a very unlikeable character up until DH Part 2. Also liked Harry of course, Draco, Lupin, Fred & George.

It's been a while since I read the books but no I don't think either appeared before GoF.

I really liked the 1st Fantastic Beasts film, most of it anyway, the second not so much. I won't say anymore but if you ever watch let me know! It has connections to the HP universe and they are supposed to become more clear in the next film. For example the origin of Nagini.

My HP favourites are Lupin and Sirius, all of The Weasleys except Percy! Luna and Neville of course. Gilderoy is great for comedy and Mad Eye Moody is also a great character as is MacGonagal. Lucius Malfoy is a great baddie.

Bye

Yes I like all the Weasley's and Lucius did play a great bad guy!

I will try to watch Fantastics Beasts soon and let you know what I think. I didn't even know there was a 2nd one lol.