Scatman Crothers : In 'The Shining'…

In 'The Shining'…

i just found that Scat was already 70-yr-old when he shot the shining. but he looked sth around 40 or 50! that's amazing to me...

Re: In 'The Shining'…

I think most black people age better than most white people do.

It's a mystery, wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma!

That's apparently true in most cases. One of my former co-workers, a stunningly beautiful woman, looks 35. She's 55.

As for Scatman Crothers, I remember him best as Jazz... th b68 e REAL Jazz, from the original Transformers. Darius McCrary was okay as Jazz in the 2007 movie, but I still prefer the original.

Cosby: "GET OUTTA HERE, CHICKEN HEART! YOU WON'T COME NEAR SMOKE AND FIRE AND JELL-O!"

True dat. A lot of black people must get confused for being way younger than they are.

Can' 111c t believe he was the only actor coming out with an award from The Shining. Clearly only got it for ethnical pityful reasons.

Or because he was a well loved and respected actor/celebrity who deserved recognition.

This message has not yet been deleted by an administratoreek.gif

Can't believe he was the only actor coming out with an award from The Shining. Clearly only got it for ethnical pityful reasons.

You sound like a fool. Hollywood ain't never going to give a black person or any person of color an award for "ethnical pityful" reasons... AND what the fck is that anyway??? Did you mean ethical pitiful? and if so again I ask WHAT THE FCK IS THAT?

"Pleasedon'ttry2checkmewhenitcomes2MYOPINIONit’llbeawasteofurtime&energy Thanks"

Lol so true, he was an excellent actor and deserved it. So many great performances and the Shining was just one of them!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

In the African American community it's said "Black don't crack", ha. Seriously, people across the planet with high melanin (African, Indian, etc.) incur less sun-damaging effects with age like wrinkled skin. Compare: Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman are around the same age.

But don't get it twisted, Black people can get skin cancer like anyone else so they need to be careful in today's greenhouse effected earth.

It really surprised me as well, that he was already 70. Would've guessed 55ish, tops.

Actually, he was 68 when the movie was SHOT. The movie was released in 1980, but it was SHOT from May 1978 to April 1979. In other words, he JUST celebrated his 68 birthday on the set and it ended the month before his 69th birthday. So, he was 68 throughout the shooting of the movie, not 70.

very true. just look at morgan freeman and denzel washi 1ebc ngton.

Seriously?
Crothers was 65 in One Flew Over The Couckoo's Nest`??

The reason why these talented black actors look so young, is that minorities in generally tend to age better than whites.

It is the oil in the skin, acts as a protective in many cases. I am Mexican, and 36, and have often been told that I still look like I am in my twenties. White people age noticeably more because they don't have many of the oils that protect their skin from the elements, and many still don't bother to use skin lotions with UV protection and the like.

It's true. Just go watch Bill Burr's routine on using lotion.

That bit is hilarious Bill Burr is the greatest standup comedian IMO.

Post deleted

Post deleted

It's especially true in America, which has a climate that most white people aren't native to. Generally I think it's the sun that really wreaks havoc on white skin... I have lots of relatives back in Iceland who look very young but are actually quite a bit older than my relatives over here.

I understand that Scatman Crothers was a singer, but I've only seen him in movies. I can only picture him telling the boy about the extrasensory ability that gives the movie its name.

Yeah he looked good for his age but let's not get crazy.... he ain't look no damn 40 years old LMAO

"Pleasedon'ttry2checkmewhenitcomes2MY OPINIONit’llbeawasteofurtime&energy Thanks"

(at Stanley) Look at the wrinkles, Black's do crack!... not crack the drug" -Michael Scott

"Even though I'm no more than a monster - don't I, too, have the right to live? " -Oh Dae-Su

Actually, he was 68 when the movie was SHOT. The movie was released in 1980, but it was SHOT from May 1978 to April 1979. In other words, he JUST celebrated his 68 birthday on the set and it ended the month before his 69th birthday. So, he was 68 throughout the shooting of the movie, not 70.

Yeah I thought the same thing maybe his dob is wrong on imdb.

Watching the Classic Movie now & EVERY TIME I see it, I hope he won't die like it was meant to be in the book.....

Rest In Peace ScatMan <3