Helen Mirren : Senile old feminist.

Senile old feminist.

Going on about putting your hand on your girlfriends shoulder means ownership.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

Re: Senile old feminist.

I second that.

I completely disagree with her ridiculous statement.

Did you even read the whole interview or the parts that was cherry picked by the media? Helen touched on a whole range of topics and it's sad that that one comment was what the media chose to focus on. She talked about women being fabulous at all ages. The pressure that girls are under today to look a certain way.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjADahUKEwiIn6y72fzHAhWKmoAKHZS6DKM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fhome%2Fyou%2Farticle-3226225%2FHelen-Mirren-don-t-damn-getting-older-snapped-bus-no-make-on.html&usg=AFQjCNF46ca0LeY57XNPqF7L1EZSzp3Xrw&sig2=WWwBJF5-19zl5PiMaXft4g

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Damnit I hate it when I'm an idiot. Jk you're the idiot here pal. I watched the interview and posted my comment shortly after it was aired. You act like you're defending your best friend or something. Get a life.

First of all, im defending a person who i know and i love and respect, whoever likes it or not, and i will do it every time.

Second, you are the one who needs to get a life, insulting a person only for express 2000 her opinion about some issue. You are acting like a childish fool.

Third, if you have read the interview or watch in a proper way as you have said that you did, you will see that she is only expressing her opinion and puting an example about some male behaving with their women by her own experience when she was younger. Perfectly valid and right. You could be agree or desagree, but posting childish insults like senile old feminist is just stupid from your part. Plain and simple.

First of all, im defending a person who i know and i love and respect, whoever likes it or not, and i will do it every time.
Oh Lord! Get out of the closet already you freaking homo!

They have a point, you are a major twat, atheistrevolution

What point?

I like her as an actor, but I do think she's become a tiresome and obnoxious bore. Every five minutes she's spouting off her opinions about absolutely everything, and those opinions, more often that not, are crack-brained ones. And she gets media coverage every time she passes gas - enough already! Who gives a rat's ass about what you think, Helen? Shut the face and stick to acting.

What are you talking about? she is only ANWSERING questions by the press media. She hasnt a micropone every day to say what the hell she wants to say about everything, she is only interviewd sometimes and she is asking questions and saying her opiniones about certain subjets that she is asked about.

Blaim the press, not her.

I'm confused... is it wrong to have an opinion anymore?

If that's the case, then you need not to post your opinion on her opinion.

can't outrun your own shadow

Post deleted

I saw an interview from Dick Cavett circa 1972. Very off-putting and flakey personality/ demeanor.
Would you mind linking to it? I can't seem to find it.

Please excuse typos/funny wording; I use speech-recognition that doesn't always recognize!

Post deleted

Yes, if you don't mind, please check your YouTube history and find it for me if possible. I would be very happy to see something like that.

Please excuse typos/funny wording; I use speech-recognition that doesn't always recognize!

Post deleted

Thank you! I know now why couldn't find it – it's not Dick Cavett that she's talking to, it's Michael Parkinson (sort of the British equivalent to Dick Cavett, I guess you could say.)

Anyhow, I agree that she wasn't her most beautiful in that interview either. But she did have a certain allure, thanks to her voice. Her voice, and her mannerisms. I know you said that she was offputting, and I didn't care for some of what she said either. But compared to other feminists, like Cate Blanchett when confronted with similar questions, I thought Helen was quite demure.

However, just like in the case of learning about other actresses, there have been things she said that bug me. I did a thread about it, if you'd like to read it here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000545/board/nest/263809120

Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorites in this isn't going to change that. But now I know she's not someone I could be close pals with, unless we just happenrd to fall in love with each other – because love is blind, ha ha!

Post deleted

She does sound self-entitled, common with women in general. Hey, she's an actress, it comes with the territory
Come on now – it may be a common thing for the elite or celebrities – but singling out actresses in particular isn't fair. As a woman, I find that statement offputting. I understand that in your particular experience, you may have found that to be true – but there are plenty of arrogant, stuck up men as well.

Anyway, I like Helen Mirren for the most part. She does have things that bug me, but so does everyone. I have yet to see or meet a perfectly compatible person.

Post deleted

Why women always say "As a woman"? Nothing special about being a woman
I beg to differ! It's special being a woman just as its special being a man.

Anyway, in answer to your question about why I used the phrase "as a woman" – I did it to lend credibility to my statement. Because I've had so many people on the message boards say in response to my post or other people's posts that if you're not a member of the group in which you speak of, then you can't speak about it. So, in case you're somebody who wanted to say that, I figured I would back up my statement by disclosing the fact that I am a woman, so I do know a little bit about women. This is not to imply that women are more special than men (though I do tend to prefer them).

As for Helen Mirren, I never said that she can say whatever she wants without consequence. On the contrary, there is consequence – the consequence of how I feel about her. I will either like her more or less, based on what she says. But, I'd be hard-pressed to ever dislike her, if that's what you're driving at.

Post deleted

she sounds pretty confident. she is only sa da0 ying her opinion about a matter and thats all. she is asking questions and she has the rigth to do it.

I disagree. I watched and read the entire interview, of course anti-feminist macho males are going to pick that "one" line out of the entire lengthy interview because it attacks your male ego. Kind of surprised the OP zeroed it out speaks volumes of the kind of man you are. No woman would find that offensive--

Furthermore, only secure, confident men would find this statement harmless.

Helen doesn't apologize for anything and if she was here right now she'd tell you to F- off which is her. And many I mean MANY men love a confident woman who speaks her mind. Just not you apparently.....