Raymond Allen : Does anyone know what happened to Uncle Woody?

Does anyone know what happened to Uncle Woody?

I wonder if he is still alive. Does anyone know?

I hope Raymond Allen is still alive

I'd also like to know if Raymond Allen - "Uncle Woody," ... "Woody the whino" (ala Fred Sanford) is sill alive.

I truly hope he is. Thanks for all of the great acting you treated us to, Mr. Allen, err, Woody! KH.

Re: I hope Raymond Allen is still alive

he was WOODY THE WINO ON SANFORD AND SON,THEN HE MORPHED INTO NED THE WINO ON GOOD TIMES!!!!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I can't find any current information on him.

He was great on both shows. He was also a handsome guy under all that wino make-up.

His character "Woody" was killed off when Foxx returned on "Sanford" in 1981, so he might have already passed on.

The character of Woody was already dead before "Sanford" premiered in 1981, because in the episode where it was found out Fred was mistakenly married to Esther instead of Elizabeth, Esther was asked by the judge where Woody was and she said he had passed away, to which Fred's witty reply was "Smartest thing he ever did". Now as far as Mr Allen himself, IMDB doesn't even have his date of birth, much less a date of death, if any.

This was posted on his Wikipedia page as of Oct. 16, 2007 when the page was updated.

Raymond Allen is an American actor best known for his appearances on television in the 1970s. He had recurring roles as Ned the Wino on the series Good Times, as Aunt Esther's long-suffering husband, Uncle Woody on Sanford and Son, and as mechanic Merle the Earl on Starsky and Hutch. He reprised his role of Woody in the Sanford and Son spin-off, The Sanford Arms. Allen also made guest appearances on The Jeffersons, What's Happening!!, The Love Boat and the film Wattstax. He has not appeared in any roles since 1978 and his whereabouts since have not been confirmed.

Re: I hope Ra
5b4
ymond Allen is still alive

Raymond Gilmore Allen IS STILL ALIVE. As a matter of fact he is my grandfather (and best friend) and he is sitting right next to me. He is currently living in Lancaster California with his daughter (Ta Ronce Allen) the former actress 16d0 on Good Times (Yvonne--Michael's girlfriend), and daughter in the movie A Dream for Christmas.

Raymond is alive and well he has read ALL of your comments and wishes to thank all of you for your continued support. HE does have an official myspace page...(myspace.com/raymondgallen)

He will read all messages, and will reply at his earliest convienence. If you would like to know more information on him you may email me at ministerjames@gmail.com

RAY IS STILL ALIVE!!

-Elder James Gambrell-

Re:

ok, here is my question...if he is your grandfather, and Ta-Ronce Allen is your cousin, how is she his daughter? Seems to me that if he is your grandfather, and she is his daughter, she would either be your mother or your aunt.

Re:

The thing is he calls himself my grandfather, he is really my cousin just like Ta-Ronce, so I usually refer to myself as his grandson because he is 78 and it's kinda weird calling him my cousin.

-Elder James Gambrell-

His exact birthday is March 5, 1929, he does not have a date of death because he isn't dead.

His official website is myspace.com/raymondgallen

he didnt pass on he is still alive...questions (email me, his grandson at ministerjames@gmail.com, and jamesagambrell@yahoo.com)

thank you for remembering him

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Uncle Woody?

Saw him on Starsky & Hutch episode from 1st Season.... he was in classic Uncle Woody voice, but he was 'Earl of Custom Cars' and he actually first used the phrase..' Striped Tomato' for the S&H Car.
Love That Guy.... he was my favorite Sanford and Son Character... even more than Aunt Esther.

-----------------------------------
don't look here, the jokes between your ears

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Uncle Woody?

He died on August 10, 2020